JD 4940 SPRAYER.

Deerjohn

JD 4940 SPRAYER.

Post by Deerjohn »

Hello everyone.
Is there issues with the JD 4940 sprayer ?
The 120 foot boom is spraying but its not actually fertilising the crops ?
Illinois Farmer

Re: JD 4940 SPRAYER.

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Can you provide more details, like what have you tried?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Baildropper

Post by Baildropper »

I'm on box and having the same issue as you Deerjohn.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Not trying to be a Smart donkey.... But you have not previously sprayed fertilizer or not let a Portion of a season pass to the next phase have you? I don't remember how it was in vanilla but I think seasons you have to let some time pass toy can't just bombard the crop with fertilizer for the next phase of fertilization. At least that's what I have assumed whenever I try and hire a worker to spray fertilizer and they stop immediately
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:31 pm Not trying to be a Smart donkey.... But you have not previously sprayed fertilizer or not let a Portion of a season pass to the next phase have you? I don't remember how it was in vanilla but I think seasons you have to let some time pass toy can't just bombard the crop with fertilizer for the next phase of fertilization. At least that's what I have assumed whenever I try and hire a worker to spray fertilizer and they stop immediately
It’s exactly the same. You can’t fertilise stuff that has been fertilised and not gone through a change in state.
Last edited by theSeb on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baildropper

Post by Baildropper »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:31 pm Not trying to be a Smart donkey.... But you have not previously sprayed fertilizer or not let a Portion of a season pass to the next phase have you? I don't remember how it was in vanilla but I think seasons you have to let some time pass toy can't just bombard the crop with fertilizer for the next phase of fertilization. At least that's what I have assumed whenever I try and hire a worker to spray fertilizer and they stop immediately
It does spray a little, the left side will spray 3m wide from the end tip then it will spray very very thin from the rest like not even 1m from each nozzle and leaves stripes. I don't play seasons so I think it is the sprayer mod will need an update. Even after harvest it will not work. Watch DjGoHam mod vid you can see what the problem is, I don't watch his vids much but it is explained there what is going on.
Last edited by Baildropper on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmjustice85

Post by cmjustice85 »

I'm guessing if this happened it wouldn't have gotten through testing. It wouldn't have got past custom modding and all that they do before sending it to Giants and then got through giants testing with this happening. Plus I think more people would be complaining about it if it was a mod issue. More than likely it's player error.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Known issue - update coming tomorrow.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Saw the DJ Video now I follow what's going on.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

theSeb wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:34 pm
It’s exactly the same. You can’t fertilise stuff that has been fertilised and not gone through a change in state.
I am showing my cards With this response as to how often I change a map and how undecisive I am..... But does it matter what type of fertilizer use as long as you wait to the next stage? As in can I use granular fertilizer for each state of fertilization as long as I wait?
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

You can use the same type of fert all the way through.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I thought this known issue was a PC only issue? Obviously farming real life so I don't have time to play it But I was reading custom modding saying it was a PC issue?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:38 pm
theSeb wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:34 pm
I am showing my cards With this response as to how often I change a map and how undecisive I am..... But does it matter what type of fertilizer use as long as you wait to the next stage? As in can I use granular fertilizer for each state of fertilization as long as I wait?
Perfectly fine in base game. If I recall correctly, I am pretty sure we didn't change anything regarding liquid / solid fertiliser in Seasons either
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:41 pm You can use the same type of fert all the way through.
Splendid thank you for the confirmation.

Same to you Seb
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:45 pm I thought this known issue was a PC only issue? Obviously farming real life so I don't have time to play it But I was reading custom modding saying it was a PC issue?
I only saw the DJ Video after I saw the post on here. I thought he said PC users and most console users? Or vice versa. But DJ is PC and no ody said otherwise and no mrsealyp vid