Consoles players poll.Would you buy upgraded FS19 if offered?

Would you buy upgraded FS19 if offered on next gen consoles?

Yes
53%
No
30%
On the fence
7%
Aint gonna happen
11%

Total votes: 91

TacoFarmer

Consoles players poll.Would you buy upgraded FS19 if offered?

Post by TacoFarmer »

100% speculation.

You got a new shiny console for Christmas.
GIANTS offer upgraded FS19 for 15$
Improved graphics,performance,more slots,higher bale count etc etc etc.
All FS19 mods are compatible.
Are you buying or not?

I will.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Illinois Farmer

Re: Consoles players poll.Would you buy upgraded FS19 if offered?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You could just play the one for Xbox one for free. The new console will be backwards compatible.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
JamP

Post by JamP »

Pay twice for the same game? I'd wait another year for 21 or 22 or whatever.

However, on Xbox all games will be supported. In ps5 it looks like the top 100 games will already enter compatibility and the list will be increased gradually.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I don't play on console anymore, but no way. As disappointed as I was with the initial launch of FS19, I need to see pretty significant improvements before I'll buy a new version of this game.

This is an interesting idea considering that it was done with the PS3/PS4 games last generation.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
JamP

Post by JamP »

I always buy after 1 year after launch. I think the price on the console is very expensive and always expect a big price decrease or promotion.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

You just really want that "upgraded" 19 don't ya. Since I can't vote twice (don't even know why I did in the first place) I surprisingly went for No over Ain't Gonna Happen.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I suppose it would depend on what "upgraded" meant? If it was just graphics, I'd be on the maybe/no fence. Bigger map support would be my "yes" trigger, I think... (PS4 player, for reference.)
Old fat guy with a day job...
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I don't think I'll ever own another console.

I also said that when Xbox One/PS4 came out...
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

I voted no. But it honestly depends. DLC's can cost about 10 to 15 dollars. So if a new updated version were to appear on the next Gen consoles and including a dlc of some sorts for maybe 20 to 25 dollars total. I may be inclined to buy it seeing as it would only be 10 bucks more. I don't ever come to my slot limit really so it's not a big deal for me to upgrade.
I'm with fenixguy. I don't think I'll get another console. As I've said that about almost every console for the last 10 years. My computer can easily handle this game and more compared to my ps4. But in my world consoles are just too darn convenient
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

4X, updated slots, better graphics? Yes.

FS19 is going to get more modded content than games past because of the gap until the next full game. So I would be open to buying an upgraded version. Plus it has John Deere. I really don't need a new one, unless it has an old JD iron pack and Lone Oak built into it from the start.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

15€ for a PS5 upgrade with more slots and better graphics, possibly support of 4X maps? Meaning I'd still have my premium edition. Give it to me, baby!! A slight bonus would be to be able to transfer my savegame from PS4.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

It would be very enticing but I would rather hold off for a new FS game. I would hope more brands and ideas would be ready by now to make the game better than just updated graphics
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

masterplan wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 am 15€ for a PS5 upgrade with more slots and better graphics, possibly support of 4X maps? Meaning I'd still have my premium edition. Give it to me, baby!! A slight bonus would be to be able to transfer my savegame from PS4.
Don't u save it onto the online storage?
aklein

Post by aklein »

Go ahead and slam me for being a PC player but hear me out.

It is my understanding that the available slots on a given map differs from one console to the next. Free slot count is different on a PS4 vs an Xbox One X vs an Xbox One S? Yes/No? Just start a new game with new farmer on ravenport what are your free slots for the given platforms?

If this slot count is indeed different per model then it would indicate to me that FS19 on a new console would automatically have more slots available. I am willing to guess this slot count calculation is something done based on the amount of system memory in the system and not hardcoded in the game platform so when you get a PS5 with double the memory of a PS4 and open up ravenport on new farmer you will very likely have alot more slots to work with by the nature of the system memory increase. This will hold true for the Xbox Series X also but not so much for the Series S which seems to be much more limited in system memory.

I don't think the new platforms will magically have no slot counter like PC because I think the concept of slots is baked into the console version of 19 but whos to say what Giants is required to do for the next FS as far as slots.

Bale count I think is baked in and wont go up as it would need to be a patch and unless they have some way to deliver a patch to just PS4 and Series X devices the game must be coded to the lowest common element which would be the existing platforms.

You should get better graphics and performance just by the very nature of the huge advertised uptick in GPU performance. Look toward the high resolution PC streams/recordings for an idea of what is possible with the new platforms. Its hard to say if this will be automatic or if some sort of patch would be needed to release the view distance limits and increase the overall detail levels from what they are set at on console but again unless they can target specific models with a patch the game must be designed to run well on the lowest spec platform which will be the current PS4 and Xbox until the next version is released which might be released in two flavors one for the current gen and one for the new gen or they might leave the current gen at 19 as the last release.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

eric21 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:19 pm
masterplan wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 am 15€ for a PS5 upgrade with more slots and better graphics, possibly support of 4X maps? Meaning I'd still have my premium edition. Give it to me, baby!! A slight bonus would be to be able to transfer my savegame from PS4.
Don't u save it onto the online storage?
Nope, I do not. :biggrin2:

Besides we're talking here a hypothetical new version of FS19 designed for PS5, not PS4 version played on PS5 via some backwards compatibility (and I have no idea if even that will be possible). So it would be a different game, so the old savegame from PS4 simply couldn't work.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2: