Open opportunity for modders

NitroJ-300

Open opportunity for modders

Post by NitroJ-300 »

I know why don't I do it well if I knew how I would sorry but I'm in love with the sub- compact and compact tractors/ mowers over on the PC side and thought they would be great for everyone aspeciially with all the new uk and eu maps. I'm using one on six ashes now it will pull a Four row plow ( furguson pack) and has a mower deck and front loader I think it also comes with a tiller attachment too. Just thought I would throw this out there see what others think about it
theSeb

Re: Open opportunity for modders

Post by theSeb »

What exactly is the opportunity?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It’s generally looked upon poorly to make mod requests. Think of it as something else, like I do carpentry in my free time what your saying is comparable to being like hey there’s a great opportunity for you to make me a free gun cabinet It’s hundreds of hours of your own free time for just some random person. I’m not trying to be a jerk just explaining why last time you got the do it yourself response.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

seems like a translation problem
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'd use one for something. Would be nice on a chicken and sheep farm perhaps. No need for a large tractor. I even got excited to see a JD Riding mower (allegedly) in testing a couple weeks ago. Just to mess around with I guess.

But seriously, there is an infinite number of open opportunities for modders. No reason for us to start a thread for each of them.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:03 pm What exactly is the opportunity?
To take 5 hours to work 1 ha I guess
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:03 pm What exactly is the opportunity?
I'm sorry if this came out wrong I was not begging as I know the modders are busy and do things out of the kindness of their hearts and they do a great job by the way. It is I have just noticed that there are very few ( on pc only) in game and as I play on both of and console it show ever more. I get that consoles mods are a pain in the backside to get in game but it would be nice to have. Maybe even giant would look into it as it's a piece of equipment that fills a need. and yes im try to learn if you have any sugestion as to a good tutorial on youtube that can help me learn how that would be great. maybe it will be my first project.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mwal wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:30 pm It’s generally looked upon poorly to make mod requests. Think of it as something else, like I do carpentry in my free time what your saying is comparable to being like hey there’s a great opportunity for you to make me a free gun cabinet It’s hundreds of hours of your own free time for just some random person. I’m not trying to be a jerk just explaining why last time you got the do it yourself response.
It's only a few that look upon it poorly, and make everyone afraid to make suggestions.
Your analogy could use an update. Mods aren't just for some random guy, they're for a community of happy virtual farmers.
A better analogy would be if somebody with no tools or knowhow suggested that if a carpenter was looking for a project in their free time, the park in the neighborhood could use a new play structure for the kids.

A request or suggestion isn't the same as saying "get working on this for me, and make it snappy", it's saying "hey if you are looking for an idea, and have free time, and feel like it, here's an idea".
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:30 pm
Mwal wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:30 pm It’s generally looked upon poorly to make mod requests. Think of it as something else, like I do carpentry in my free time what your saying is comparable to being like hey there’s a great opportunity for you to make me a free gun cabinet It’s hundreds of hours of your own free time for just some random person. I’m not trying to be a jerk just explaining why last time you got the do it yourself response.
It's only a few that look upon it poorly, and make everyone afraid to make suggestions.
Your analogy could use an update. Mods aren't just for some random guy, they're for a community of happy virtual farmers.
A better analogy would be if somebody with no tools or knowhow suggested that if a carpenter was looking for a project in their free time, the park in the neighborhood could use a new play structure for the kids.

A request or suggestion isn't the same as saying "get working on this for me, and make it snappy", it's saying "hey if you are looking for an idea, and have free time, and feel like it, here's an idea".
Thank you, you stated it better then I did. I wasn't asking for it to be done but if you are a modder and are looking to do something different or that has not been done by a bunch of other modders I thought this mite spark an idea or a different path to follow. I get those of you who mod do it because you want to. And I am very very greatful that you do as it makes the games better as a whole. So if your a modder again I ant thankyou enough for your contribution to the betterment of the game.

On a side note: Like I mentioned before I am looking to learn so that I may give back to the community that make up FS. If you know of any tutorials on youtube that will help me please let me know and again thank you.
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

What happened to that JD 320 that was in testing a little while back?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It’s pretty universally disliked by the people who make mods and I was nice and tried to explain that. I know you have an issue with this because it upsets you that every time I try explain it to people so they don’t get hate here or somewhere else and I do it to be nice so get over it.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Mwal wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 am

It’s pretty universally disliked by the people who make mods and I was nice and tried to explain that. I know you have an issue with this because it upsets you that every time I try explain it to people so they don’t get hate here or somewhere else and I do it to be nice so get over it.
Show me where a modder specifically hated on someone for making a polite mod request or giving an idea POLITELY? I can't stress the word POLITELY enough. It's the same as constructive criticism. If you POLITELY tell me I'm doing something wrong, I will certainly listen to you, and attempt to make adjustments. If you conduct yourself in the opposite manner, I'm probably going to tell you off and just ignore what you said, even if it has merit. Context is very important.

Furthermore, if there's a modder who HAS hated on anyone for making a polite suggestion or request, no matter what it is, please give me their name. A person like that is not one that I have any interest in dealing with. The original poster clearly was not attempting to demand anything. He was simply stating something that he saw a potential need for. I see nothing wrong with that.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Deadeye wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:11 am Show me where a modder specifically hated on someone for making a polite mod request or giving an idea POLITELY? I can't stress the word POLITELY enough. It's the same as constructive criticism. If you POLITELY tell me I'm doing something wrong, I will certainly listen to you, and attempt to make adjustments. If you conduct yourself in the opposite manner, I'm probably going to tell you off and just ignore what you said, even if it has merit. Context is very important.

Furthermore, if there's a modder who HAS hated on anyone for making a polite suggestion or request, no matter what it is, please give me their name. A person like that is not one that I have any interest in dealing with. The original poster clearly was not attempting to demand anything. He was simply stating something that he saw a potential need for. I see nothing wrong with that.
Sometimes I feel like we’re not even taking about the same game. All I’m gonna say is I was trying to warn them of the potential backlash relax. The next part might sound harsh but I don’t really care. When you think about stuff like this do you ever think about the possibility that your thought might not be an original thought and you possibly might not be the first person to think to ask something like that? It’s not the politeness of the question it’s the constant bombardment of polite questioning that generally is the issue complained about. Most modding groups will ban you flat out for posting a stuff like this (hence the warning I was attempting to give). So next time you think about being polite and question whether you want to “deal with” someone think about the fact that the other person might be having to “deal” with a lot of **** too. I guess to compare it to farm bosses analogy it’s not the one person suggesting you build the playground it’s every community in the state asking for one. Hey maybe you guys should start a non profit to ask for mods so at least these guys could get a tax write off.
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 am
Deadeye wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:11 am Show me where a modder specifically hated on someone for making a polite mod request or giving an idea POLITELY? I can't stress the word POLITELY enough. It's the same as constructive criticism. If you POLITELY tell me I'm doing something wrong, I will certainly listen to you, and attempt to make adjustments. If you conduct yourself in the opposite manner, I'm probably going to tell you off and just ignore what you said, even if it has merit. Context is very important.

Sometimes I feel like we’re not even taking about the same game. All I’m gonna say is I was trying to warn them of the potential backlash relax. The next part might sound harsh but I don’t really care. When you think about stuff like this do you ever think about the possibility that your thought might not be an original thought and you possibly might not be the first person to think to ask something like that? It’s not the politeness of the question it’s the constant bombardment of polite questioning that generally is the issue complained about. Most modding groups will ban you flat out for posting a stuff like this (hence the warning I was attempting to give). So next time you think about being polite and question whether you want to “deal with” someone think about the fact that the other person might be having to “deal” with a lot of **** too. I guess to compare it to farm bosses analogy it’s not the one person suggesting you build the playground it’s every community in the state asking for one. Hey maybe you guys should start a non profit to ask for mods so at least these guys could get a tax write off.
Well that's why I said something about it here and not at one of those other place you mentioned as far as I can tell this is Giants forum and as long as I play by the rules I can post freely about any subject I wish. Thank you for your concern for my feeling and possible back lash form those folks who feel that way. I I am also not stupid I'm sure someone some where mite have said something about the subject at hand but it was either side tracked as this post has been or forgotten about as the fact still remains that I as a newer player on both console and pc noticed a lack of a type of equipment that I thought others may enjoy. And as you either didn't read everything or choose to ignore it I did say I was trying to learn to mod myself and even asked if anyone knew of a good place to find tutorials on it so I may learn quicker. So with all that said if you don't want to do it fine don't but also don't be telling people they shouldn't ask about or make a suggestions. Please have a nice day
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Good to see all of the excellent examples of "politeness" in this thread.