Your Favorite Modder for Maps and Machinery

Dairydeere

Your Favorite Modder for Maps and Machinery

Post by Dairydeere »

So, it has been almost 23 months since FS19 came out, and a whole flood of amazing mods have come as a result. First of all, a big thank you to all the modders for getting so many wonderful maps and machines out to the community :hi: . Secondly, I would like to pose a question. Who is your favorite modder when it comes to maps, and who is your favorite modder when it comes to machines?

For my favorite map modder, I have just recently found the map Somewhere in Canada by DJ Modding. I have gotten hooked on the map, and I think it's the perfect balance of countryside, urban buildings, and a highway that diversifies the map (especially if you get hit by the 55mph oncoming traffic :lol: ). I also just found out that he is the converter of the Upper Mississippi River Valley map (UMRV), which is my number one map for Farming Simulator.

For my favorite machine modder, I am definitely going with Custom Modding. Not only do they have the newest and top-notch John Deere tractors, but they also have a few good combines and also a low loader that I have found is impossible to ignore using on my American farm. Just an overall great assortment of American mods that I put in my mod folder all the time.

Interested to hear what everyone else out there has to say *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Alcarin75

Re: Your Favorite Modder for Maps and Machinery

Post by Alcarin75 »

For a PS4 player

Vanquish081 / Maps Westbridge
Mappers Paradise / Welker
GBModdingg / Map Six Ashes
ALiEN JiM / All Maps
Shaba / Map The Old Farm Countryside

AAA modding and Custom Modding / Machine

Special mention:

GForce_ / Lone Oak Buildings (WOW, I need them all)
Kamilos0397 / Placeables
MISSYB / Miscellaneous objects
I like to learn from everyone.
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Probably gonna get rocks thrown at me for this but I use a lot of the Stevie mods and Iconik mods
PC
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Favorite mod map creator: Oxy, Greenbale, Lancyboi
Placeables creator: AlienJim
Machines: Custom modding, NMC
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I'd have to say Greenbale and GB modding for a map, Redcat modding and AAA modding for machinery and equipment and I'd say kamilos for the placeables / miscellaneous bits and pieces.
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

VertexDezign
Agrartechnik Nordeifel
BM Modding
Wopster
Ifko
Farmer Andy (Hof Bergmann Map)
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Crosscheck

Post by Crosscheck »

Maps:
OxygenDavid

Stuff:
Vertex Design and NMC (with honorable mention to Black Sheep)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I cannot answer this in a simple fashion. Because there are a lot of factors.

Maps usually come down to personal taste. So It's unfair to judge who's good based on personal taste.

Machinery on the other hand... Who doesn't love new toys to polute their maps?!? lol.

With that said, AAA Modding is Fantastic. However Matt26, 4D, Arm-Team, Blacksheep, Custom Modding, Siid, Karl's Farms, and I'm forgetting some really good ones, all are doing a bang up job. If you make a mod, you should be mentioned on the list, even map makers. Modders do a fantastic jobs.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

Maps: Bulletbill, with thanks to OxygenDavid. and I've only played ONE of his maps. It's the little details that he really gets right and makes the map feel like a real place. Honorable mention to epideath with Pacific Northwest, that map was pretty darn good(an actual useful train!)

Machinery: Yeah hard to argue with Custom Modding, boy, are they great at what they do. Honorable mentions for me would be NMC and SiiD.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 pm I cannot answer this in a simple fashion. Because there are a lot of factors.

Maps usually come down to personal taste. So It's unfair to judge who's good based on personal taste.

Machinery on the other hand... Who doesn't love new toys to polute their maps?!? lol.

With that said, AAA Modding is Fantastic. However Matt26, 4D, Arm-Team, Blacksheep, Custom Modding, Siid, Karl's Farms, and I'm forgetting some really good ones, all are doing a bang up job. If you make a mod, you should be mentioned on the list, even map makers. Modders do a fantastic jobs.
Not gonna lie, I knew someone would mention this. It's really hard to pick and choose lol. Each modder deserves a mention for an outstanding mod(s). Especially when I can cause more "pollution" from another John Deere :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

One of the points to good mods, is a personal connection with a certain mod. Like if a 4020 or 3020 Row Crop come out, I'd be all over that. But these kids on here would think those are stupid because they are sub 100 hp machines. Where as I don't have a personal connection to the 8100, so the mod better be fantastic and unique in my eyes. Every mod has a certain place on certain maps in my eyes.

Crosscheck

Post by Crosscheck »

I’m just the opposite; I hoard. I have every single JD mod, yet I hateJD and refuse to use them in any game, on any map, in any way...

*shrug*

The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

OxygenDavid and 4d modding
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Fendt was my go-to brand on 17. I also hoard everything they made on 19 for a while, and still do with most, but I have yet to use them.

FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:53 pm Fendt was my go-to brand on 17. I also hoard everything they made on 19 for a while, and still do with most, but I have yet to use them.
Are you still retired scarastic chedly?
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew: