Something I have noticed...

spincast1123

Something I have noticed...

Post by spincast1123 »

I have finally figured out a way to use the AI for field work... Keep a close eye on it and jump when you spot a dippy move.. but in doing so I have also found that when the AI is doing field work the machine and implement don't leave tire tracks. When I take over....tire tracks from the tractor and the implement... Is that because the AI is a lightweight and I am a lardb....? Just sayin...lol....

Has anyone else spotted an AI mystery... :lol:
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Dairydeere

Re: Something I have noticed...

Post by Dairydeere »

Yea, the AI seem to not have any trace of presence whenever performing their job. I noticed this when they are running a combine and reverse through the field. Even with crop destruction enabled, they don't destroy the crop they reverse over, but when I take the wheel, all of the sudden the crops start getting crushed. Not sure what the intent behind this design was, but it's a nice little quirk for helpers.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Maybe giants thought ahead knowing that AI does some wack stuff frequently. So instead of destroying your crops bc of AI, the AI just magically had no crop destruction
PC
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

spincast1123 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:37 pm I have finally figured out a way to use the AI for field work... Keep a close eye on it and jump when you spot a dippy move.. but in doing so I have also found that when the AI is doing field work the machine and implement don't leave tire tracks. When I take over....tire tracks from the tractor and the implement... Is that because the AI is a lightweight and I am a lardb....? Just sayin...lol....

Has anyone else spotted an AI mystery... :lol:
So, what you're saying is, do it yourself, because the AI can't be relied upon.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 am Yea, the AI seem to not have any trace of presence whenever performing their job. I noticed this when they are running a combine and reverse through the field. Even with crop destruction enabled, they don't destroy the crop they reverse over, but when I take the wheel, all of the sudden the crops start getting crushed. Not sure what the intent behind this design was, but it's a nice little quirk for helpers.
This is what happens when a developer is in the middle of working on some gameplay functionality, and then has a brain fart, and moves on to something else (never to return).
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

YWFMS2351 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:33 am Maybe giants thought ahead knowing that AI does some wack stuff frequently. So instead of destroying your crops bc of AI, the AI just magically had no crop destruction
So, you're saying Giants knew their AI is incomplete, and instead of finishing it, they design other functions to work around it.

I think the developer just got distracted with something else, and never returned to finish it. It pretty common.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

AI has not been completed since first edition...Giants know it, but ignore it. Well, they worked on it a little, it's better, but still far from what modder offer..

In fact, pretty sure they have no clue how to fix this...they should talk to CoursePlay creator to help...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Thinking about it, I think the crop destruction being non-existent on AI is on purpose as the AI is currently not the smartest and will drive over the crop if no route outside the field is found
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Ai no crop destruction is on purpose. Giants know their ai is terrible and did that to help them be less bad.
PC gamer.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

If AI did crop damage, they would destroy the ends of your crop.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
BigFarmerJohn

Post by BigFarmerJohn »

Ai will always be subpar in this game. They need to restructure it in such a way that compliments single player gameplay much better. Courseplay for PC works excellent but should be integrated into a patch for 19 or a later title at the very least. We should have "workers" that you can hire and pay them according to their skill level and execution of a task. For example: Tell Bob to get into the Harvester and harvest field 20; him crashing into things and running over crops cost YOU the owner of the Farm money on the completion of the task. *thumbsup* :hi:
FS17 and 19 on PS4
FS11,13,15 on PC