Consoles players poll.Would you buy upgraded FS19 if offered?

Would you buy upgraded FS19 if offered on next gen consoles?

Yes
53%
No
30%
On the fence
7%
Aint gonna happen
11%

Total votes: 91

theSeb

Re: Consoles players poll.Would you buy upgraded FS19 if offered?

Post by theSeb »

Nah, I am fairly sure that they are hardcoded. But that's not the end of the world. Giants will just add

Code: Select all

if CONSOLE_VERSION_XBOX_LEGACY then numSlots = currentSlots 
elseif CONSOLE_VERSION_XBOX_MEGA then numSlots = 6 bazillion + currentSlots
end
Idahofarmkid

Post by Idahofarmkid »

That makes sense and would probably be my biggest factor in buying a new console early on. All the awesome new mods coming out are pretty big slot hogs, which I totally understand why, and it's not a bad thing. But having the extra slots to take advantage of having a big line up of a certain color equipment would be awsome. I try not to get within 150- 200 slots of max to leave room for bales and pallets. Plus it seems like even having one hired worker when you use a lot of slot space lags the console and game down quite a bit.
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Idahofarmkid wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 pm That makes sense and would probably be my biggest factor in buying a new console early on. All the awesome new mods coming out are pretty big slot hogs, which I totally understand why, and it's not a bad thing. But having the extra slots to take advantage of having a big line up of a certain color equipment would be awsome. I try not to get within 150- 200 slots of max to leave room for bales and pallets. Plus it seems like even having one hired worker when you use a lot of slot space lags the console and game down quite a bit.
I'm the same but if the graphics are going to improve on the next fs and slot count stays the same I can see many mods not coming to console as would require to many slots. Remember when old stream farm came out? Almost a 1000 slots with base equipment and selling all it still sat at almost 900 untill they tweaked it. Because I can't afford a decent pc anytime soon I sometimes feel stuck with what is available, also i would of waited longer for fs19 to come out of the giants mods where already in game as they take a large amount of mod storage space up which is also another console gripe. I understand the reasons but I don't know why the storage limit on mods is there? For instance I can have a 100gb base game then almost another 100gb of dlc content( warzone for instance) and that's ok? Would be nice to have a map storage area and mod storage area but pretty sure I'm asking too much there.
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Also I already have the game and all dlc, and ps5 will have backwards compatibility with ps4 games (so I've heard). Not going out to buy a new tv just because I could play fs19 on ps5 in native 4k, but only if I bought the rehashed version.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Idahofarmkid

Post by Idahofarmkid »

Jimbomodder wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:42 am I'm the same but if the graphics are going to improve on the next fs and slot count stays the same I can see many mods not coming to console as would require to many slots. Remember when old stream farm came out? Almost a 1000 slots with base equipment and selling all it still sat at almost 900 untill they tweaked it. Because I can't afford a decent pc anytime soon I sometimes feel stuck with what is available, also i would of waited longer for fs19 to come out of the giants mods where already in game as they take a large amount of mod storage space up which is also another console gripe. I understand the reasons but I don't know why the storage limit on mods is there? For instance I can have a 100gb base game then almost another 100gb of dlc content( warzone for instance) and that's ok? Would be nice to have a map storage area and mod storage area but pretty sure I'm asking too much there.
If I remember right I think MS and Sony are actually the ones who made Giants set the storage amount so low. Because the manufacturer would rather our hard drives be full of paid content that they could take a cut of. I love my console but the hoops that Giants has to jump through to please them is irritating.
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Idahofarmkid wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:09 pm
If I remember right I think MS and Sony are actually the ones who made Giants set the storage amount so low. Because the manufacturer would rather our hard drives be full of paid content that they could take a cut of. I love my console but the hoops that Giants has to jump through to please them is irritating.
I see where you coming from on that one, shame really. Ms and Sony should allow this as we can buy Extra storage fairly cheap anyways.
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
aklein

Post by aklein »

The amount of disk space on the console has nothing to do with slots. Its all about system memory which is different than storage. The amount of memory available to the OS and the graphics system is going to have a factor on how much 'stuff' can be rendered by the game. more memory = more stuff before things start to lag like crazy but there is a limit even for the 'almighty' PC. Plenty of PC players overload their saves with vehicles and implements and cause their games to lag and then blame giants for having a porrly optimized game while using mods that are highly unoptimized themselves and the game engine is trying to render out a dozens tractors, and trucks and such.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I voted no for a couple of reasons:
First even though I play console primarily, and do enjoy FS19, I never rush out to get a new console. I tend to wait at least a year or so, at which time FS21 or whatever the new one will be called will hopefully be out.

Second, I don’t know how much of an improvement could be made to the game to make that transition worthwhile to me. Honestly, I would prefer Giants spend their time not on revamping FS19, but developing and testing the next game. I liked a lot of the changes in FS19, but there are definitely things that were a step backwards as well. My hope is that they will be able to launch a great new game with new graphics, sky, lighting, maybe even physics, particularly with traffic.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Before anybody gets their hopes to high with regards to FS19 on the new consoles due to this poll, over on the german section of the forum Stegei, the GIANTS CTO, yesterday stated the there will be no update of FS19 for the release of the new consoles: viewtopic.php?f=955&t=171780&p=1324888#p1324888

(Here is the translation of the german post:
'There will be no update of FS19 for the release of the new consoles. In general FS19 should benefit from improved loading times, more stable frame rates etc. without an update being offered (if its worth investing in a new console for that is obviously another question). There is no information yet with regards to what might follow later. The next version of FS will most likely have specific improvements on the new consoles, but this [new version] won't be available the launch of the new consoles.')

So anybody who choose 'Aint gonna happen' had the correct answer :wink3:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Thanks for sharing that.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

don_apple wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:21 pm Before anybody gets their hopes to high with regards to FS19 on the new consoles due to this poll, over on the german section of the forum Stegei, the GIANTS CTO, yesterday stated the there will be no update of FS19 for the release of the new consoles: viewtopic.php?f=955&t=171780&p=1324888#p1324888

(Here is the translation of the german post:
'There will be no update of FS19 for the release of the new consoles. In general FS19 should benefit from improved loading times, more stable frame rates etc. without an update being offered (if its worth investing in a new console for that is obviously another question). There is no information yet with regards to what might follow later. The next version of FS will most likely have specific improvements on the new consoles, but this [new version] won't be available the launch of the new consoles.')

So anybody who choose 'Aint gonna happen' had the correct answer :wink3:
Didn't think anyone was taking this that seriously but still all good to know
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

aklein wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:31 pm The amount of disk space on the console has nothing to do with slots. Its all about system memory which is different than storage. The amount of memory available to the OS and the graphics system is going to have a factor on how much 'stuff' can be rendered by the game. more memory = more stuff before things start to lag like crazy but there is a limit even for the 'almighty' PC. Plenty of PC players overload their saves with vehicles and implements and cause their games to lag and then blame giants for having a porrly optimized game while using mods that are highly unoptimized themselves and the game engine is trying to render out a dozens tractors, and trucks and such.
I did that on 17 for PC, had so many vehicles strewn across a highly detailed 4x map which caused a terribly low frame rate that it eventually was unplayable.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

If the update was $15/£15 I’d buy it in a heart beat - the frame rate on Xbox *censored* on newer maps, I’d buy it just for better performance!

(Oh I’m and if they could tie in course play and to have the saitek panel - winner!)
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:57 pm 100% speculation.

You got a new shiny console for Christmas.
GIANTS offer upgraded FS19 for 15$
Improved graphics,performance,more slots,higher bale count etc etc etc.
All FS19 mods are compatible.
Are you buying or not?

I will.
If slots were increased then yes
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

Since there is no new game this year, we've seen alot of mods we normally wouldn't get with the two year window between games. If anything, I think Giants should push back their release schedule and just do updates so we have more time getting new mods to console. I mean unless they have some new game engine or groundbreaking features do we really need a new game every couple years?