FS 2019 GPS

abslayer

FS 2019 GPS

Post by abslayer »

GPS
Just what good is this is this , way over the top more steps that just hiring workers.
By the time you get it set up I could be done with field with worker who doesn't need to be given over the top instructions over and over.

IMO A far much better mod is (( AI Vehicle Extension for FS19 ))
Mwal

Re: FS 2019 GPS

Post by Mwal »

🍿
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

10 out of 10. Would read again.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:25 pm GPS
Just what good is this is this , way over the top more steps that just hiring workers.
By the time you get it set up I could be done with field with worker who doesn't need to be given over the top instructions over and over.

IMO A far much better mod is (( AI Vehicle Extension for FS19 ))
Except you are doing the work not the a.i. it also stimulates how gps works irl. You have to set up an ab line or ab curve or adaptive ab curves irl as well. It is design for bigger maps.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

In all seriousness, think a little bit about what GPS actually is. It's not a mod, it's a take on how it is in reality. It's not intended as a replacement or improvement for a hired helpers, it's to help make field work as efficient as possible, and yes, it's only as good as the person operating it, just like it in real life.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I am guessing your referring to the Guidance Steering mod when you reference GPS.

To channel Apple if it takes you that long to set it up our holding it wrong... Or wait no that was the old iPhone.

Really it takes maybe 10-15 sec to setup. I wouldn't really compare Guidance Steering to any AI helper mod as they do totally different things. First off Guidance steering does not aid the native AI worker it aids you the player to keep the course. AI helper mods let you go off and do something else where as Guidance steering requires the player to be in in the vehicle at all times.

There are some basic key commands to get it working and the rest of its features can be totally ignored.

- Left Alt + C to enable/disable the Guidance steering functionality on any vehicle with it added from the shop
- Left Alt + S to bring up the GUI which can only show up if the mod has been enabled with the first step
With the GUI up click to auto detect working width with the implement attached and zero out the offset if needed then ESC to close.
- Left Alt + E to then clear out any existing course and once your lined up press it again to put a small A on the screen under the vehicle.
Drive forward working the field at least 15M and press Left Alt + E again to generate the course. then you will see a center white dotted line and two yellow dotted lines on the sides of the implement.
- Finally press Left Alt + X to lock the steering on the course. the center white line will change color when engaged. when you you get to the end of the run either disengage with the same Left Alt + X or just turn get lined up for your next pass and lock it in again.

Works great if use it to mow or windrow and then use the same tractor to then bale using the same working width as a windrowing mower or the windrower and you dont skip or miss parts of the pass. At the end of the field it might be easier to make a wide turn and work the field every other row across than to stop and do a 3 point turn to get lined up for the return pass. Then when you get at the end of the field you just come back skipping every other row again to cover the whole field in less time as you never stop and turn around at the end of the runs.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I wouldn't want it any different it gets 10 out of 10 from me.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mwal wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:28 pm🍿
lol
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Have you guys tried (( AI Vehicle Extension for FS19 ))
Please do and then come back and tell me this GSP mod is better
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I'm not sure why you're comparing apples and oranges. This mod you're talking about is for AI vehicles. The Guidance Steering mod is for users to manually complete tasks in the field. I for one would have no use for the AI Vehicle extension.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

All I am saying when using GPS mod I can do it myself faster and better.
So what is the point.
What a large farmer need is help on fields that do not need baby sitting and that is not GPS mod
So I guess it is comparing apples and oranges
I will sick with (( AI Vehicle Extension for FS19 ))
But to each his own
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 pm All I am saying when using GPS mod I can do it myself faster and better.
So what is the point.
What a large farmer need is help on fields that do not need baby sitting and that is not GPS mod
But to each his own
Do you mean this one?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

If you would have compared Guidance Steering with the GPS function from the Vehicle Control Addon Mod, that would have make sense. But compare a mod that improves the AI with a mod that helps you when you do the field work by your own sounds strange.
You can compare the AI Vehicle extension better with a mod like Courseplay, which also helps you to automate the field work. And from these two mods, I would always prefer Courseplay.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

AI Vehicle Extension for FS19 https://download-fs19.com/1939-ai-vehic ... -fs19.html
Yes Courseplay is good also
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:23 pm Have you guys tried (( AI Vehicle Extension for FS19 ))
Please do and then come back and tell me this GSP mod is better
Gps mod is way better imo.
abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 pm All I am saying when using GPS mod I can do it myself faster and better.
So what is the point.
But to each his own
I bet you have overlap or not using the whole equipment width. I would 100 percent guarantee you are not as efficient as the gps mod. Also gps isn't babysitting it is an efficient way to work your fields like irl. I think the reason you don't understand the mod and the uses because you don't deal with irl so it is odd to you.
Also please don't link 3rd party mods.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.