Stone valley seasons console

Deereslayer

Stone valley seasons console

Post by Deereslayer »

I have started a new game on Stone Valley with seasons and the ground temperatures never move above 39F. I have the updated map and stone Valley geo and it never moves. Have tried it with the Geo removed and same thing. What is the problem? Anyone else have this?
AgPro Farms

Re: Stone valley seasons console

Post by AgPro Farms »

How many days in? I'm on 12 day seasons, and I think it may have been day 4 at least before mine made it up to 41 degrees. I think I'm on 5 or 6 now and still not up to temp for corn or beans.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

I literally ran at 120x speed for a full year on 2 different starts and it never moved. Decided to try one more new start again the exact same as the others and it worked right away on day 2. I have no idea why that worked and the others didn't. All the exact same mods. Will see if it continues.
JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

Deereslayer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm I literally ran at 120x speed for a full year on 2 different starts and it never moved. Decided to try one more new start again the exact same as the others and it worked right away on day 2. I have no idea why that worked and the others didn't. All the exact same mods. Will see if it continues.
Try running some days without any mods loaded to see if it is a conflict of some sort
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

I run 9 day seasons with the Stone Valley geo and have never had an issue. I don't think my ground temps have ever got below 45 degrees.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I just started this map as well. The ground temps and weather all seem to be working fine. However, the map screen is all kinds of messed up. The growth stages and field states are not showing up correctly. I think the Rye and Alfalfa are throwing it off.

Other than that small issue, wow what a great map! Absolutely beautiful. I'm going 100% soybeans and corn on this one. Maybe some wheat just so I can pull out the big air drills. I've not done a big farm in a long time.

One other minor complaint is the 10mph traffic...
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Deereslayer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:59 pm I have started a new game on Stone Valley with seasons and the ground temperatures never move above 39F. I have the updated map and stone Valley geo and it never moves. Have tried it with the Geo removed and same thing. What is the problem? Anyone else have this?
Hmmm sounds like a weird anomaly. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the feedback! Are you sure you don't have another GEO in your mod folder? Sometimes that will cause strange behavior, even if it's not selected in the map.
Deereslayer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm I literally ran at 120x speed for a full year on 2 different starts and it never moved. Decided to try one more new start again the exact same as the others and it worked right away on day 2. I have no idea why that worked and the others didn't. All the exact same mods. Will see if it continues.
When running at high speed did you allow time on each new day for the temperatures and growths to catch up? Sometimes this can take up to 5 minutes depending on the map you're playing.

If you'd be interested in joining my Discord, I have a channel for feedback on my GEOs.
https://discord.gg/rQuqHe6
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

AgPro Farms wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:09 pm How many days in? I'm on 12 day seasons, and I think it may have been day 4 at least before mine made it up to 41 degrees. I think I'm on 5 or 6 now and still not up to temp for corn or beans.
Running 12 day seasons, especially in your first year, you probably won't be up to temperature until around day 8 going into late spring. The GEO is locked in with a set air and ground temperature on the first day no matter what, so until you have a warmer winter you won't be planting beans and corn early.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Dumb question about this map and I don't want to start another thread about it. But what can I do with rye? Is it harvested with a combine or do you mow it and bale it?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Harvested with a combine, just like all the cereal crops

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Thanks!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Irl lots of guys mow it for silage and plant double crop beans on it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

@Illinois Farmer; does the rye silage provide the same nutrient quality as corn silage or grass silage?
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It is just another type of nutrient. I don't know the exact details of the nutrients. It is needed sometimes, so you don't run out of food for the animals. Like our blue harvester silo, we fill it up with corn silage. Well when you feed 200 cows, they eat a lot. We grow wheat (some do rye) chop it, put it onto of whatever corn silage is left and we haul manure like crazy and plant double crop beans. By the time we chop corn silage again we would be feeding our the wheatilage or rye for some. Both are mowed and chopped when green. We pretty much grow the wheat so we can haul manure in the summer time, otherwise the slurrystore would be overfilling.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Oddly enough, when I re-loaded the game, the map screen fixed itself. Happy for that! I was going to have to drive to each field to see what they needed (more realistic, I guess).

Anyway, I'm running 9 day seasons at 5x and I'm really hoping the ground temps come up soon. I need to get corn and beans planted bad!

Also, I love this map. :lol: