FS 2019 GPS

abslayer

Re: FS 2019 GPS

Post by abslayer »

Well right now I have 2 harvesters and 2 seeders going at same time with H workers and i am running truck hauling grain
CAN GPS do this ?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You miss the entire point of the gps mod. Gps is the efficient way for you to do the work, no helpers. Just like you would control the tractor irl. Have you read any of the post above?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Glad I decided to check back in here today after my hiatus. Lol
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

For running AI absolutely the two mods you mention are the way I'd go however as pointed out several time previously GPS is not intended for that, when I'm doing fieldwork myself it's GPS all the way.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:59 pm Well right now I have 2 harvesters and 2 seeders going at same time with H workers and i am running truck hauling grain
CAN GPS do this ?
No it can't, because that's not what the mod is for. You seem to be expecting more from the mod and trying to say it's useless because it doesn't do what you think it should do.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:02 pm You miss the entire point of the gps mod. Gps is the efficient way for you to do the work, no helpers. Just like you would control the tractor irl. Have you read any of the post above?
Well aware of that has week I was helping my uncle out running a harvester
BIG change from when I was a kid on farm the set up alone before being to run harvest was nuts
But I must say was fun also until I stopped for a pi** the whole dam thing shut down the minute my ass left the seat had to get my uncle back to reset every thing I had screwed up trying to start up again LOL
Your right on real farming Gps is the efficient way but not in game with four helpers NOTHING but @#$$#$#
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 pm
abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:59 pm Well right now I have 2 harvesters and 2 seeders going at same time with H workers and i am running truck hauling grain
CAN GPS do this ?
No it can't, because that's not what the mod is for. You seem to be expecting more from the mod and trying to say it's useless because it doesn't do what you think it should do.
My mistake I should have been more clear works great for one farmer but not with 4 helpers going at it.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Then what’s the point of this madness if you know what it’s for and have used it in real life and in game?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:15 pm
Well aware of that has week I was helping my uncle out running a harvester
BIG change from when I was a kid on farm the set up alone before being to run harvest was nuts
But I must say was fun also until I stopped for a pi** the whole dam thing shut down the minute my ass left the seat had to get my uncle back to reset every thing I had screwed up trying to start up again LOL
Your right on real farming Gps is the efficient way but not in game with four helpers NOTHING but @#$$#$#
Yeah it is amazing. I have never had to reset it after I got up before though. We have a row finder on our combine so it adjusts as the rows adjust. It is essentially hands free. No it didn't help with helpers but it isn't designed for that.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@abslayer: if you want to automate as much of the work on your farm as possible then you should look at mods like Courseplay and AutoDrive.

As others have already mentioned the purpose of the Guidance Steering mod is to make sure you are driving straight when driving yourself.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

don_apple wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:46 pm @abslayer: if you want to automate as much of the work on your farm as possible then you should look at mods like Courseplay and AutoDrive.

As others have already mentioned the purpose of the Guidance Steering mod is to make sure you are driving straight when driving yourself.
Just had to comment on GSP every one goes on about,that is all this is about
Works great for real farming and each person on field is real with there own GSP help
And i must say on my uncle farm when I was there there were 3 harvesters going on one field with me screwing up as I said earlier LOL
But in game and the size of my farm I need help before it snows :biggrin2:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:19 pm But in game and the size of my farm I need help before it snows :biggrin2:
Sounds like you need to find some fellow farmers to play with in multiplayer.
JuanDiolosa

Post by JuanDiolosa »

abslayer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:38 pm AI Vehicle Extension for FS19
Yes Courseplay is good also
Not bashing the mod. It actually looks pretty sweet.
I will, however bash any site using Comic Sans, sans monocerotos and rhymes.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

JuanDiolosa wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 pm Not bashing the mod. It actually looks pretty sweet.
https://image.giants-software.com/1/rEwZfJZ4.jpg
My word, there's a site in 2021 which uses Comic Sans?! It's a cardinal sin for a school website... for any other site it's a hanging offence!

For the record, I worked in a school for 17 years. For all my job was creating and setting up networks and technically supporting staff and pupils, too much of my time was taking up in educating people that Comic Sans is the work of the devil.

I'm sure any parent can sympathise.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:26 pm
JuanDiolosa wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 pm Not bashing the mod. It actually looks pretty sweet.
https://image.giants-software.com/1/rEwZfJZ4.jpg
My word, there's a site in 2021 which uses Comic Sans?! It's a cardinal sin for a school website... for any other site it's a hanging offence!

For the record, I worked in a school for 17 years. For all my job was creating and setting up networks and technically supporting staff and pupils, too much of my time was taking up in educating people that Comic Sans is the work of the devil.

I'm sure any parent can sympathise.
There's worse ... Comic Sans in 72pt with every letter a different colour!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads