How many people that mocked you...

raran

How many people that mocked you...

Post by raran »

Ended up playing this game?

First up, ME! I was always puzzled why people would play this. My first encounter was actually the dumbed down phone version of the game and i somehow got hooked to the point where i actually got myself a new gaming rig to play this.

Then it all started. My brother in law laughed at me, as did my kids and my wife. But one by one they all fell for the soothing moments this game is able to give. So now my BiL and son play FS19 on PS4, two of my daughters have FS20 on Switch and my wife play FS20 on iOS. :mrgreen:

Anyone else have such experiences? It's kind of funny me thinks.
fenixguy

Re: How many people that mocked you...

Post by fenixguy »

None. They still mock me. I mean, I mock myself too. A conversation usually goes like this:

Friend: Have you played the new COD/Forza/other AAA game?

Me: I would, but I have a lot of hay down right now that has to be baled. Cows ain't gonna feed themselves.

I've had a couple friends buy the game after hearing me talk about it but the lack of cut scenes, glorified paintball, and pay-to-win DLC scares them away I guess.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

My friends don't mock me for playing Farming Simulator, because they know better and know if they ever tried to poke fun or ridicule the game I'm playing, I can quickly turn on them and question their gaming choice of the past year or two. Ultimately at the end of day everyone has different tastes and likes, and these can change over time. Certainly for me as I have gotten older in the last couple of years the games I used to play or the genres I used to play are far less appealing to me and I would now sooner spend my time playing a far more relaxed and slower paced game like this one.

My family however do make comments and jibes at the amount of time I spend playing and driving "Fake Tractors" and the whole "Harvesting Game", yet they are old and don't understand that playing this game has sort of been my career these last two years, with my YouTube and Twitch being taken over and dominated by this game. They don't seem to understand that playing games can actually be work in 2020.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I say "I have some harvesting to do", and it makes my wife laugh.

I used to play with toy tractors in the dirt when I was a kid. I wish I had a game like this as a kid.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm glad I didn't have a game like this as a kid. I would've never spent any time outside.

I will add that all the games I play now are simulators (using that term loosely). This, Spintires 3 (also known as Snowrunner :mrgreen: ), and Kerbal Space Program are pretty much it for me.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

My friends mock me but one of the few advantages of getting old is one runs out of .... anything .... to give in these cases. :)

I don't think anyone has taken it up. My youngest has FS17 and liked crashing the Lizard pickup through the neighbours' crops.
Last edited by blue_painted on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:36 pm I'm glad I didn't have a game like this as a kid. I would've never spent any time outside.

I will add that all the games I play now are simulators (using that term loosely). This, Spintires 3 (also known as Snowrunner :mrgreen: ), and Kerbal Space Program are pretty much it for me.
Same here !

I'm always shy talking about game i'm playing...ATS, FS, SimCity, Cities Skyline, Sims ( :blushnew: )

Am I the only one?

To answer the topic question, my wife don't understand how I can enjoy driving a virtual truck/tractor lol.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I find my family and friends find it amusing that I can get so much enjoyment from Farm Sim and Modding, but for me playing the game is relaxing and has no real pressure, and modding gives me satisfaction from creating new things.

As a hobby I feel it's a not a bad one at all, and perhaps the only downside is it is easy to lose so many hours at the expense of family time.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

My wife used to make fun of me, then she tried FS15 while I was at work and was hooked, she would play in her off time or when I was at the shop. Then when 17 came out she bought 2 copies and another Xbox One.

Now we have 2 4K 55" tv's, 2 xbox one x's both with TMX Pro wheels running FS19, with a 60" tv in between them with another xbox one playing Hulu in the background. We each have our own single player game and a multiplayer map we share.

My wife's mom and her wife seen me playing a few years back and now they have done the same thing, 2 xboxs, 2 tvs and 2 FS19s and they have Sundays set aside to play all day.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

I used to play Need for Speed and always wanted to get a steering wheel/pedal set but never did. Flash forward 15 years and I finally got one, for a FARMING game!! :lol:

Since I don't have people over much in my small apartment, no one really knows how my computer area is set up. but now that I end up doing a lot of stuff on Zoom, people see me sitting at my computer desk and see the top of the steering wheel in the picture. They all comment on it and ask what racing game I play. No one believes me when I tell them it's for a farming game... :blushnew: :mrgreen:

It's a secret chuckle of mine. :biggrin2:

No one else plays it, but the few that I mention it to are pretty impressed with the realism in it and how complicated/in-depth it is on the stuff you do and the machinery. It also doesn't hurt that I bought a Fendt, Case-IH and Caterpillar hat to show my fandom. *thumbsup*
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Get my share of busting from family and friends but all in good fun! My wife will stop and say that’s pretty neat then after a few minutes start telling me what to do ! Just like real life😂
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Pafarmer wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:33 pm Get my share of busting from family and friends but all in good fun! My wife will stop and say that’s pretty neat then after a few minutes start telling me what to do ! Just like real life😂
my wife and her mother used to do that to me when we all stayed together during the holidays lol
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Yeah, there is teasing, but all good natured (i think!) and i usually mock myself for it too. "Sorry, Ive... uh... got to get these bales under cover before the rain hits"

The wife likes it too, and has her own savegame, but only she can name every damn chicken... :lol:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Mainly my son and nephews, they're in their late teens/early 20's now, but I told them to watch out, I used to think my parents were kinda boring for playing Tetris on the old Nintendo, so one day, they will be the lame ones.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I cop ridicule from my mates, most of which are COD, GTA or racing gamers, all the time. They cannot understand the relaxing enjoyment that FS gives me. My kids love it, when I let them play. I have a map for them with millions of govt subsidy money and plenty of crops to destroy whilst doing donuts in a vehicle of their choosing.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420