THANK YOU

Sinclaircool

THANK YOU

Post by Sinclaircool »

Can I just say a massive thank you to giants software for keeping going during the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping us informed and excited with new DLCs mods and Facebook Instagram and Twitter posts. *thumbsup* keep up with you enthusiasm giants and sending love from the UK
Don't leak mods
SergejMTZ

Re: THANK YOU

Post by SergejMTZ »

Well they get paid and without mod, I really doubt there would be a so large community
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

People buy the game, Giants make money. Some people play the game and never use modhub. I barely did on 15 or 17. Deere wasnt in it, so I didn't mess with it, other than a map or two.

Mods dont make Giants money. Theyre for people whove ALREADY bought the game, and they generate no additional revenue. At the end of the day, its an expense.

So yes, thank you for keeping them on in difficult times.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

No one used the console mod hub on 15
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:34 pm No one used the console mod hub on 15
Exactly. The only thing I think used the modhub for on any previous version was Westbridge on 17. I didn't buy 19 even intending to use it much, Deere was already in it.

But I have enjoyed it immensely(seasons, Lone Oak, 40 series).
eric21

Post by eric21 »

RunlikeaDeere wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:28 pm People buy the game, Giants make money. Some people play the game and never use modhub. I barely did on 15 or 17. Deere wasnt in it, so I didn't mess with it, other than a map or two.

Mods dont make Giants money. Theyre for people whove ALREADY bought the game, and they generate no additional revenue. At the end of the day, its an expense.

So yes, thank you for keeping them on in difficult times.
believe it or not mods actually do. Brands have joined the FS series because of mods, ill let you work out whos who
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Which brands joined because of mods?
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

I'm not saying it makes no sense to have mods. I'm saying Giants didn't have to keep people on, paying them money, paying money for servers, etc, to handle mods the same schedule as before. Especially with a new game being delayed. They could've done a lesser amount, or stopped doing it entirely until the next version, and blame it on COVID. A lot of companies have used it to 'cut costs'. I worked for one.

There isnt many major brands left to court, and who really is their competition? Professional Farmer 2017? Have you SEEN that game lol? The OP was just making a grateful post, and they're not wrong.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Well, that got derailed fast....

Yes, thanks Giants for the best games I've ever played. Keep up the good work and make FS21, 22, 23 or whatever into something more than the dumpster fire FS19 was at release and I may just buy it. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

RunlikeaDeere wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm
Exactly. The only thing I think used the modhub for on any previous version was Westbridge on 17. I didn't buy 19 even intending to use it much, Deere was already in it.

Because it didn’t exist
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm
RunlikeaDeere wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Because it didn’t exist
Was Westbridge DLC? Maybe it was?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

RunlikeaDeere wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm There isnt many major brands left to court, and who really is their competition? Professional Farmer 2017? Have you SEEN that game lol? The OP was just making a grateful post, and they're not wrong.
Good timing. Just yesterday a game, which I won't mention (and can't anyway because the forum blocks it, which is quite telling) finally had it's full release. It's not as rounded as either FS17 or FS19 overall, but it does do a lot of good stuff which the GIANTS devs haven't yet been able to add to FS.
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

The fix is in!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 pm
RunlikeaDeere wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm There isnt many major brands left to court, and who really is their competition? Professional Farmer 2017? Have you SEEN that game lol? The OP was just making a grateful post, and they're not wrong.
Good timing. Just yesterday a game, which I won't mention (and can't anyway because the forum blocks it, which is quite telling) finally had it's full release. It's not as rounded as either FS17 or FS19 overall, but it does do a lot of good stuff which the GIANTS devs haven't yet been able to add to FS.
Is that also a European based game? I foresee problems!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:51 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 pm
Is that also a European based game? I foresee problems!
Maybe in another 4 years time this will shape up into some competition. In its current state? It's a curious alternative at best that's not quite ready for prime time yet.