Virtual to Real integration for simulation.

Stickyplastered

Virtual to Real integration for simulation.

Post by Stickyplastered »

I’ll keep it simple. If you could grow a produce in a simulator game like FS, and then get some of the actual product that you made virtually, is this something people would be interested in?

Contemplating the overlap of people who play a game such as Farm Simulator with people who subscribe to meal delivery service such as Farmbox, Fresh Direct, Blue Apron, etc.

Brainstorming the Development of a platform that can possibly facilitate the Virtual-to-real connections out of various simulation softwares and games.

Checking here to start a discussion, gauge interest, contemplate cost feasibility, logistics, etc.
dapals51

Re: Virtual to Real integration for simulation.

Post by dapals51 »

So let's see if I understand what you are saying with an example:
If I would raise a cow on FS19 (just using it for sake of example) I could then butcher it in real life or get meat from a cow in real life?
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

What about delivering stuff in ETS2 and then you get an actual package? Brilliant. Have you got Crowdcube set up? I would like to invest.

What about growing wheat in the game? Then I get a discount on bread. The possibilities are endless.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:37 pm
What about growing wheat in the game? Then I get a discount on bread. The possibilities are endless.
I could see that, it would just be sponsoring
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

A colleague of mine suggested a fridge module. Fridge module detects beer is low, which triggers farming simulator to start growing barley. Then FS commands an autonomous agricultural vehicle to do the same thing in a field. Then this platform Sends me a case of beer
JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:12 pm A colleague of mine suggested a fridge module. Fridge module detects beer is low, which triggers farming simulator to start growing barley. Then FS commands an autonomous agricultural vehicle to do the same thing in a field. Then this platform Sends me a case of beer
👆 This right here👆 😁
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Sounds like WarGames meets FarmSim.
PS4
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:12 pm A colleague of mine suggested a fridge module. Fridge module detects beer is low, which triggers farming simulator to start growing barley. Then FS commands an autonomous agricultural vehicle to do the same thing in a field. Then this platform Sends me a case of beer
This is a great idea, I want a beer now.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Sounds like somebody has been growing weed, and reaping the benefits.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:17 am Sounds like somebody has been growing weed, and reaping the benefits.
But what if someone mods a Colorado map and puts in hemp as a multi-fruit, would I then recieve an odd smelling necklace and beads that say "1999"?
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:49 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:17 am Sounds like somebody has been growing weed, and reaping the benefits.
But what if someone mods a Colorado map and puts in hemp as a multi-fruit, would I then recieve an odd smelling necklace and beads that say "1999"?
You could put the taco stand in to cure the munchies.
PS4
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:27 pm
And a Government Subsidy, to pay for it all. We deserve it after 2020.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:27 pm
No I don't waste my slot count on nonsense.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're talking about basically setting up some kind of VR interface to control real equipment out in the field. (Kind of the way the military has pilots flying UAV's from a centralized location). The biggest challenge I can see right off the bat is visibility and real feel feedback from the tractor and controls. Of course, one could use multiple vehicle cameras to aid in visibility, and with some programming, I'm sure an algorithm could be made to run force feedback controls. So now the only problem is going to be the things that, to the best of my knowledge of farming, require a human around for. Like when a header builds up too much trash or a tiller gets plugged and either one has to be manually cleared. Or getting out of a combine to check the amounts of header and thresher loss. And while many new combines have software that automatically adjusts these settings, but I would think eyes on the ground to verify the machines performance is still necessary.

Something like that may have a place in the future of farming, but for now I think there's a lot of challenges that have to be figured out first.

Great idea on paper though.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

No. I don’t think he is. He specifically mentions delivery services. Basically he’s suggesting to change the UI and method of putting items into a shopping basket on a website to doing something in a game. Instead of gong to amazon or fresh-organic-foods.com you fire up the game and perform actions that somehow are mapped to ordering a product.

I can imagine the conversation;

‘Honey, I asked you to buy the vegetables and milk. Why are you playing that stupid game again?’

‘Huh? I am ordering. I need to own 20 cows at 100% efficiency to order a pint of milk!’