Unfinished Bales Mod

farmer_bell

Unfinished Bales Mod

Post by farmer_bell »

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I am looking for some help with the Unfinished Bales mod for FS19.

I have V1 of the mod, does anyone know if there was ever a v2 released?

I really like the mod, and I have never understood why Giants did not allow you to unload part of a bale from the baler.

I have 2 issues with the mod.

I have noticed that it does not seem to work with the baler wrapper machines. Works perfectly with normal balers, but any baler with an attached wrapper does not work.
Secondly if using a square baler, it will not unload the bale and you cannot then use the baler again, without restarting the game.
I do not remember the FS17 version having these issues.

I have tried it as the only mod (other than giants own DLC) in a new clean mod folder in case it was a mod conflict, but no joy.
It works perfectly with the NH round baler, both cotton harvesters and the Anderson Bio Baler. Part bales can be unloaded.
The square balers (Kuhn LSB and Claas Quadrant) both will give the option to unload but will not actually unload and the baler becomes unresponsive.

None of the baler wrappers give the option to unload the part bale.

Looking at the log, no errors are generated and I can see the mod is loaded and has attached itself to the balers
2020-10-23 17:46 Load mod: FS19_UnfinishedBales
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_kvernelandPack.extendedBalerWrapper'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'cottonHarvester'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'balerWrapper'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_johnDeereCottonPack.extendedCottonHarvester'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'baler'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_andersonPack.cuttingBaler'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_claasPack.extendedBalerWrapper'
I am not sure if Mogli still visits these forums, or if anyone has any fixes or workarounds they would like to share, as I would love to get this mod working properly.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers
theSeb

Re: Unfinished Bales Mod

Post by theSeb »

Latest version does seem to be 1

https://github.com/Mogli12/UnfinishedBales

Looks like the code has not been touched for a long time. You could create an issue on there, but I don’t know if he is actively monitoring That repository.
blackiecat

Re: Unfinished Bales Mod

Post by blackiecat »

farmer_bell wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:56 pm Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I am looking for some help with the Unfinished Bales mod for FS19.

I have V1 of the mod, does anyone know if there was ever a v2 released?

I really like the mod, and I have never understood why Giants did not allow you to unload part of a bale from the baler.

I have 2 issues with the mod.

I have noticed that it does not seem to work with the baler wrapper machines. Works perfectly with normal balers, but any baler with an attached wrapper does not work.
Secondly if using a square baler, it will not unload the bale and you cannot then use the baler again, without restarting the game.
I do not remember the FS17 version having these issues.

I have tried it as the only mod (other than giants own DLC) in a new clean mod folder in case it was a mod conflict, but no joy.
It works perfectly with the NH round baler, both cotton harvesters and the Anderson Bio Baler. Part bales can be unloaded.
The square balers (Kuhn LSB and Claas Quadrant) both will give the option to unload but will not actually unload and the baler becomes unresponsive.

None of the baler wrappers give the option to unload the part bale.

Looking at the log, no errors are generated and I can see the mod is loaded and has attached itself to the balers
2020-10-23 17:46 Load mod: FS19_UnfinishedBales
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_kvernelandPack.extendedBalerWrapper'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'cottonHarvester'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'balerWrapper'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_johnDeereCottonPack.extendedCottonHarvester'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'baler'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_andersonPack.cuttingBaler'
2020-10-23 17:46 adding unfinishedBales to vehicleType 'pdlc_claasPack.extendedBalerWrapper'
I am not sure if Mogli still visits these forums, or if anyone has any fixes or workarounds they would like to share, as I would love to get this mod working properly.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Don't know if this helps but I use the auto stacker mod square bale in the shop, and if there is a bale or part bale left in the baler you just drive the auto stacker collector arm right up to the back of the baler it extracts the bale out.