Petition for Giants to add GPS, Courseplay, and Autodrive to Console for FS21

this_is_gav

Re: Petition for Giants to add GPS, Courseplay, and Autodrive to Console for FS21

Post by this_is_gav »

raran wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 pm I

Giants could, but Sony and MS will never let them.

That said i'm rooting for you guys.
A form of GPS is likely to be added as part of the Precision Farming project eventually, which will probably be carried over into FS21 (as a mod for all platforms or as part of the base game).

Courseplay is never, ever going to happen as part of the base game though. It's a hugely complex mod to use well, especially for beginners. The game is crying out for some of the ideas behind Courseplay to come in another form (eg a more intelligent and flexible AI), but Courseplay itself will never be part of the base game and dare I say it, even if there was top cooperation with the developers, it will never be on console.
FarmBoss

Re: Petition for Giants to add GPS, Courseplay, and Autodrive to Console for FS21

Post by FarmBoss »

If the code was added to the base game for 21, Sony and MS wouldn't care.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Please tell me more
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:11 pm

A form of GPS is likely to be added as part of the Precision Farming project eventually, which will probably be carried over into FS21 (as a mod for all platforms or as part of the base game).

Courseplay is never, ever going to happen as part of the base game though. It's a hugely complex mod to use well, especially for beginners. The game is crying out for some of the ideas behind Courseplay to come in another form (eg a more intelligent and flexible AI), but Courseplay itself will never be part of the base game and dare I say it, even if there was top cooperation with the developers, it will never be on console.
I agree. Plus, there's never a finished version, it's consrantly being developed in beta, which means the scripts are always changing. That's going to make it extremely difficult to get it on console
Playing on PC and PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I think op just wants Giants to add something similar to the base game, not necessarily the mods themselves. If some of the attitudes about innovation here were more prevalent amongst history’s great innovators we would still be smashing small rocks with big rocks to make arrowheads and painting cave walls for fun.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

😂
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:52 amQ
Anon?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

I prefer real machinery sounds not just for tractors but different tools etc. GPS and Courseplay many dont even want for the game.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

JWE75 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 am I prefer real machinery sounds not just for tractors but different tools etc. GPS and Courseplay many dont even want for the game.
You should start your own petition then.
Unknownerr

Post by Unknownerr »

I
But FS21 will not happen maybe FS22 next year.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

GPS should definitely be a base game feature of future Farming Simulator games, since pretty much all real life farmers use it and auto steer in their vehicles today, it makes no sense that in the game the vehicles don't have it. The fact that GPS is one of the most downloaded mods in FS17 & FS19 must show Giants that players want and need this feature in their game.

As for Autodrive and Courseplay, I don't see them being added to the base game, because like a couple have commented how complicated they are and the complexity of the interface needed to operate them in game, imagine how tough that would be for Console players with no keyboad and mouse support?

What I would however like to see is a re-work of the AI system in the game and AI Workers and without wanting to swear or curse here on the forums but maybe take a look at how the AI Workers in Professional Farmer: C a t t le & C r o p s Work because having played a bit of that game in the last two weeks it blows my mind how useful they are in that game. You pick a worker in the menu, you assign him vehicles and tools, you tell what you want them to do, you tell them which field they are to do it and when you hit start, the worker will go collect the vehicle, attach the correct tool, drive themself to the field, do the work, and then drive back to the farm and put everything away. That's how the workers should be in Farming Simulator.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

It’s honestly ridiculous how long the game has gone on without adding things like follow me, and gps.

I
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Beanbrother wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:29 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Please tell me more
I'm not sure what info you're looking for.

To expand on what I said. Giants can add whatever code/script they want to the base game. If they want certain scripts in the game, they can just add it to a game update. I believe that is why there was an update prior to the seasons mod, to incorporate scripts that wouldn't normally be allowed if they were only part of the mod.