Stone valley seasons console

Kamoore65536

Re: Stone valley seasons console

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Considering that the last I worked on a farm was 1968 I have lost the knowledge of silage in any form. The Navy and a career as an over the road truck driver has left me sadly lacking in my farm knowledge if I can't read to get it.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

The only issue I have had is that you can only mow and use Alfalfa once per season. I also had to tend it in order for it to dry unlike where grass I can get 3 cuttings and it dries with the time passed. In real life we get only about 1-2 cuttings of grass per year and up to 4 possibly 5 cuttings of alfalfa. On the Rye subject almost everyone around here plants Rye as a cover crop for cattle to graze on before they get moved to corn fields to clean up stalks from corn harvest. See a lot of farmers planting rye right now and will graze it off in the spring before turning it over to soybean or corn. Otherwise I love the map and Geo for Stone Valley.
Thank you and keep farming on!
Kurtis Burden
Located central Nebraska
Dirtykurti08, Xbox 1, FS13,FS15,FS17,FS19
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Thanks for the feedback Heartland. I based the grass off of some interviews with farmers in central Illinois. As for the alfalfa regrowing, unfortunately that's a map problem in the xmls that would have to be fixed with an update or by editing the xml yourself.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:53 pm Oddly enough, when I re-loaded the game, the map screen fixed itself. Happy for that! I was going to have to drive to each field to see what they needed (more realistic, I guess).

Anyway, I'm running 9 day seasons at 5x and I'm really hoping the ground temps come up soon. I need to get corn and beans planted bad!

Also, I love this map. :lol:

Yea this has been an known issue with the map. You have to restart it all the time to get the map screen to work properly
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

I have a question im doing seasons on console(ps4) with the Illinois geo on.I wanted to sell field 1 that has the extera farm home but i cant because i cant sell the silo any ideas whats up is this an issuse with the map?
Tranceformer81

Post by Tranceformer81 »

NitroJ-300 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:20 pm I have a question im doing seasons on console(ps4) with the Illinois geo on.I wanted to sell field 1 that has the extera farm home but i cant because i cant sell the silo any ideas whats up is this an issuse with the map?

It is sellable, its just a bit finicky. You have to move the cursor round slowly until you hit the sweet spot that brings up the prompt to sell in the help window.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I almost positive I sold all of the silos from the garage inventory window
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

Ok I'll check it again next time I get on thanks
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

Thanks for the information Catjenkins! Unfortunately I am not part of the PC masters. Not going to argue over any system. I would love to play on pc with the unlimited slot counts, bale counts and amazing mods. I feel I would just too much tinkering if I were on pc. I just personally love being on console since I have been able to see how much this game has grow and improved since the 1st edition of FS13 on consoles.