Modhub freezing (console)

j_maybury

Re: Modhub freezing (console)

Post by j_maybury »

livesea72 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 pm I was helping a friend get caught up on his mods to be able play with me and it could take up to 3-5 mins to back out of each mod after hitting install.there is still the problem on consoles of mods still saying that they are installed and need a update after removing them,I have 4 currently.
This is not just a console thing, it is affecting the PC's just the same, I had two mods that stayed the same needing updates one was the Global Company baling mod and the other was the Holmer mod.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Being on pc have you tried deleting the mods from you mod folder yourself? Not thru modhub but your actual mod folder.

The cursed deleted mods that always returned is a thing from 17 so its a different issue (never had problem on pc just s4) and have never heard of that issue on pc.
Also as being a pc player consider it may be your pc itself. Defrag and disk clean up amd all that. I know from back in ME/XP pc days that was almost always the 2nd or 3rd recommended thing to try. First was always shut down/restart system.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Yes I have done all that and more besides. The Holmer mod came good but the Global Company baling mod needs reworking as it has never loaded in game from day one, will load from the web page but not in game.
I found that tonight downloading was nearly back to normal with only the farmhouse section of the download page playing up.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:03 am Being on pc have you tried deleting the mods from you mod folder yourself? Not thru modhub but your actual mod folder.

The cursed deleted mods that always returned is a thing from 17 so its a different issue (never had problem on pc just s4) and have never heard of that issue on pc.
Also as being a pc player consider it may be your pc itself. Defrag and disk clean up amd all that. I know from back in ME/XP pc days that was almost always the 2nd or 3rd recommended thing to try. First was always shut down/restart system.
My computer is only a few months old and has a SSD so defraging isn't recommended from what I've read about it.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Still having the issue I guess I'm not alone in that.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Please for the love of science do not try to defrag your SSDs. The problem is not on your computer. The problem is in the game code for the mod hub.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

theSeb wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:57 pm Please for the love of science do not try to defrag your SSDs. The problem is not on your computer. The problem is in the game code for the mod hub.
Do you have any good communication with giants? I've tried everything on reaching them...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:09 am
theSeb wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:57 pm Please for the love of science do not try to defrag your SSDs. The problem is not on your computer. The problem is in the game code for the mod hub.
Do you have any good communication with giants? I've tried everything on reaching them...
Top quality customer service from them *thumbsdown*
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:56 am
I’m wondering if they care about their product anymore. I already know how they feel about customers: nuisance.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:05 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:56 am

I’m wondering if they care about their product anymore. I already know how they feel about customers: nuisance.
They seem too find time to come on here and promote the next DLC just fine.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

That's the way they works since many years. Support on their game is ugly...just look at the bug that still there since day 1...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Rico1978

Post by Rico1978 »

i reached them on discord, only by insulting them you get a answer, and literally they laughed in my face like im crazy wanting the game to work proper , thats their response, and i got an answer on when they fix server issues etc. this their answer : MrMarcel5dnes v 21:38
oh that issue :smile:
just restart it.
that ain't getting fixed soon

this is what they wrote me, but they have time for making dlcs, they know about the problem he even said its from the beggining of fs19 and they didnt bother on fixing it thats germany engineering at its best
Rico1978

Post by Rico1978 »

MrMarcels v 21:40
@Rico1978 yes, slow loading is probably getting fixed this week.
the server connection issue is since the release of FS19 and is unlikely to change until the next update of the server software.

thats the other answer i got no need to report anything if you dont wanna give the guys from giants a laugh....
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I’m done. There are too many games out there to spend, literally hours trying to do what’s supposed to be available. I apologize to at least a dozen people I got “hooked” on this game. I will be contacting them to let them know this isn’t going to get fixed any time soon. I used to be a pretty strong ambassador for this game.
Farmer 6644

Post by Farmer 6644 »

There is kind of a work around to this, use the online hub to browse mods when you find one you want to download make a note of the author, then use the ingame search function to bring up mods by that author, so much faster