Dragline for FS...?

Dairydeere

Dragline for FS...?

Post by Dairydeere »

So, I started putting a few thoughts together yesterday, thinking how it would be nice to have draglines in FS (even though I've never used them), and it got me thinking what if there was a way to use the Manure system mod to connect a line from the lagoon and it could be dragged over a field to send manure to a toolbar. Any thoughts on what people think about this? This is me just thinking out loud in a forum post lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Re: Dragline for FS...?

Post by Mwal »

Ohhhh, haha I thought you meant the old dragline excavators. Clicked cause I was curious why you would want one, then got really confused for a few seconds, then went oh duh. Yeah that would be really cool. I haven’t saw anything like that for the game I wonder how it would handle a ton of those hoses being dragged around.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

I support this idea... Its something I see done allot in the fields where I live and it looks like an extra challenge in game
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Earlier this week I saw someone using the manure system, and a lot of hoses, and a modded dripple bar? to spread slurry.
If I remember correctly they had a bit of a problem with the hoses disconnecting.

We would probably need hose drums with longer lengths of hose on them.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I have definitely used an umbilical slurry system mod before in FS. I cannot remember if it was 15 or 17 though.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

It might have been 15.
Either way, it's time for it to return I think 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Mwal wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:40 am Ohhhh, haha I thought you meant the old dragline excavators. Clicked cause I was curious why you would want one, then got really confused for a few seconds, then went oh duh. Yeah that would be really cool. I haven’t saw anything like that for the game I wonder how it would handle a ton of those hoses being dragged around.
Was going to say the same thing, was not thinking umbilical spreaders. Some one had a somewhat working mod of this on 17. Since I swapped to console I don't pay attention to pc only mods anymore so didn't even notice it didn't come to 19. Kind of surprised now.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yea, my thinking was there could be long hoses, say 50m and 100m lengths. And then you just have the toolbar and also maybe a reel to pull the hose around. I don’t have much experience with dragline, this idea was based purely off of what I can gather about it lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I have kind of made a dragline. Using one of the slurry incorporaters, just attach to a 3pt and hire worker. No hose but it works and looks similar to a dragline. Biggest issue is you have to use a worker
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Resultwrap

Post by Resultwrap »

I do custom drag lining irl so I would love to see this in the game wether it be a mod or included in fs22