For me, this is the one game changing feature that I miss the most in Farming Simulator

Alves

For me, this is the one game changing feature that I miss the most in Farming Simulator

Post by Alves »

Seriously, this feature would change it all in the game.

Imagine being able to create your own open range cow pasture by placing the fences on whatever area you want. I feel that the current animal system is so limiting, because you can only place a "placeable" shed/space and your cows will be limited to that space, even in current mod options. You can't choose an open range like you do in real life, where you have these big meadows on the side of a country highway, encircled by white fences, and within it there's a huge meadow with cows circulating freely. Just imagine how awesome and game changing it would be for farming simulator! Imagine being able to even place a farm house in the middle of a huge meadow in a plain area, and make a pasture surrounding your farm like it is in real life. Let's dream even further: imagine a plain straight country American highway, in the fields, having a huge plain meadow with cows in an open encircled range on one side of the highway, with a red barn in the middle of this meadow, and a huge field of corn on the other side, and you listening to country music in your truck on this highway. How awesome would that be? That is the Farming Simulator playstyle that I've been waiting since FS17 went out. I thought that they'd have this option of placing your own custom pasture fences by FS19, because it seems like such an obvious feature, but when it came out, I didn't see that option! :/

An idea of how this would work would be something simple, like this: You'd have a system where you have to place fences on an area that you own, and you'd have to be sure to connect the beginning and the end of the fence (for this area to be fully enclosed), the cows would wander within this area freely and randomly, just like in real life. Then you can choose where the gate/gates will be. After designing the area of this pasture (the fences), you'd have to place the objects that cows need, like place the water drinkers (water fountains?), place the feeding thingy, choose where the places for interactions will be on the fence (like the spot where you drop and pick up the animals, the spot to pick up the milk, etc). I believe this wouldn't be a hard feature to add, and it is the best way to deal with animals in my opinion!!

ALSO: It'd be awesome to also be able to put your horses in an open pasture as well!!

An additional feature that I just thought of and would be so cool (although just an extra): being able to fulfill the water drinker of the animals with a bucket. Also: Imagine being able to stock cow food in a barn, where you'd bring a load of animal food in a wagon and place it in the barn, and use it as you need. It would give a whole other meaning to logistics. But this last idea is just a silly extra thing (maybe?), the point of this post is to share the idea of open range customized cow pasture!

I hope that I got it right with the farm vocabulary, since it's a specific kind of vocabulary of a language and English is not my first language (nor have I lived in American farms to know about these terms lmao. I know these terms in Brazilian Portuguese but when I try to translate, they all come with different meanings), so I don't know if I got the terms right, like "cow pasture" (by it, I mean a big open field encircled by fences with cows inside, I think I got this one right), and "meadow" (by it, I mean an open field too, a large plain field).

I like this feature so much that I created an account in the FS forum specifically to publish this as an idea to the developers, I really wish they're considering this feature to the next game! It's a really big change (but simple, I guess) for the game, and I think it would really give a fresh feeling of innovation that a new game needs to have...

Feel free to criticize this idea or give feedbacks or say what you think, maybe it'll be of a nice help for the developers to consider adding this to Farming Simulator in the future.

Oh, and if you know of a mod that allows this open range cow pasture to be done, could you please share it? I'd kill (not really) for this feature!!!
AndOnTheDrums

Re: For me, this is the one game changing feature that I miss the most in Farming Simulator

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Just place a few of the open pastures from the ModHub and fence them where you want.
FarmerDan72

Re: For me, this is the one game changing feature that I miss the most in Farming Simulator

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I've wanted this as well. I don't know why we can't make a grass field into a cow pasture. It can be done apparently by map makers like on Shamrock Valley. Even the large cow pasture seems more like cows in a back yard than in a pasture.
PS4
nelsonrm

Post by nelsonrm »

I like this idea.
A single light dispels darkness
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

👍
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

You can stock cow food in a barn now if you like. Once the silage is ready, you can take it and store it in a barn.
The farmers in my area appear to take it directly from the silage pit, to the feeding stations on a daily basis. I think it's best to keep it as covered as possible until it's about to be delivered to the feeding station. That's just a guess though since I'm only a digital farmer.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Some keep it cover. We use a harvester. A big feeder operation near me leaves their pit uncovered all the time. In game you have to cover to create silage, but you necessarily don't have to irl.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

We cover all of our silage IRL, then we uncover it and a few feet ahead on the day of feeding it. The farmers next door don't put any cover over there's, but they have a good layer of moldy silage on top at the end, and I thought the point of silage was to get all the air out, hence the compacting :confusednew:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I’m not a modder so this might look a bit rich coming from me but there is a mod that you can place open pasture anywhere and it takes into account the ground type, if you could just place these in the fields then when the grass is eaten move them to where there is more grass , it’s pretty close to this already but I don’t even know if it could be possible or not
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Would be cool to take it one step further even:

A lot of guys that feed cattle in the upper Midwest will graze them on corn stalks in the late fall and winter. It helps clean up the field a bit and its a great source of substance for livestock. I think it would be great to set up a fence around a harvested corn field and have 'x' amount of feed available there for livestock to graze for a short period of time.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

Alves wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:44 pm Seriously, this feature would change it all in the game.

Imagine being able to create your own open range cow pasture by placing the fences on whatever area you want. I feel that the current animal system is so limiting, because you can only place a "placeable" shed/space and your cows will be limited to that space, even in current mod options. You can't choose an open range like you do in real life, where you have these big meadows on the side of a country highway, encircled by white fences, and within it there's a huge meadow with cows circulating freely. Just imagine how awesome and game changing it would be for farming simulator! Imagine being able to even place a farm house in the middle of a huge meadow in a plain area, and make a pasture surrounding your farm like it is in real life. Let's dream even further: imagine a plain straight country American highway, in the fields, having a huge plain meadow with cows in an open encircled range on one side of the highway, with a red barn in the middle of this meadow, and a huge field of corn on the other side, and you listening to country music in your truck on this highway. How awesome would that be? That is the Farming Simulator playstyle that I've been waiting since FS17 went out. I thought that they'd have this option of placing your own custom pasture fences by FS19, because it seems like such an obvious feature, but when it came out, I didn't see that option! :/

An idea of how this would work would be something simple, like this: You'd have a system where you have to place fences on an area that you own, and you'd have to be sure to connect the beginning and the end of the fence (for this area to be fully enclosed), the cows would wander within this area freely and randomly, just like in real life. Then you can choose where the gate/gates will be. After designing the area of this pasture (the fences), you'd have to place the objects that cows need, like place the water drinkers (water fountains?), place the feeding thingy, choose where the places for interactions will be on the fence (like the spot where you drop and pick up the animals, the spot to pick up the milk, etc). I believe this wouldn't be a hard feature to add, and it is the best way to deal with animals in my opinion!!

ALSO: It'd be awesome to also be able to put your horses in an open pasture as well!!

An additional feature that I just thought of and would be so cool (although just an extra): being able to fulfill the water drinker of the animals with a bucket. Also: Imagine being able to stock cow food in a barn, where you'd bring a load of animal food in a wagon and place it in the barn, and use it as you need. It would give a whole other meaning to logistics. But this last idea is just a silly extra thing (maybe?), the point of this post is to share the idea of open range customized cow pasture!

I hope that I got it right with the farm vocabulary, since it's a specific kind of vocabulary of a language and English is not my first language (nor have I lived in American farms to know about these terms lmao. I know these terms in Brazilian Portuguese but when I try to translate, they all come with different meanings), so I don't know if I got the terms right, like "cow pasture" (by it, I mean a big open field encircled by fences with cows inside, I think I got this one right), and "meadow" (by it, I mean an open field too, a large plain field).

I like this feature so much that I created an account in the FS forum specifically to publish this as an idea to the developers, I really wish they're considering this feature to the next game! It's a really big change (but simple, I guess) for the game, and I think it would really give a fresh feeling of innovation that a new game needs to have...

Feel free to criticize this idea or give feedbacks or say what you think, maybe it'll be of a nice help for the developers to consider adding this to Farming Simulator in the future.

Oh, and if you know of a mod that allows this open range cow pasture to be done, could you please share it? I'd kill (not really) for this feature!!!
Have you tried to understand what is a navmesh which need to be used for each animalhusbandry??? and it' s not related to only circle some fences somewhere.... :lol: :lol: *thumbsdown*
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

BernardC wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:12 pm
Have you tried to understand what is a navmesh which need to be used for each animalhusbandry??? and it' s not related to only circle some fences somewhere.... :lol: :lol: *thumbsdown*
Are you trying to say it's not possible to make a field into a pasture in the game, or that it's too hard to implement a feature like that?
PS4
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

What do you call a pasture in the game ??
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

You can do that very easy.
Use the open Pasture (there are a few of them on the Modhub) and build any of the available fences around it. I always use the old fence pack, which looks pretty nice.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=180335
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=175939
Last edited by TobiHH on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I'm saying take any field- say field 5 on whatever map, and designate that entire field as a pasture for animals to graze rather than for arable crop farming or mowing.
PS4