Farming Simulator 19 on Xbox Series X

FarmBoss

Re: Farming Simulator 19 on Xbox Series X

Post by FarmBoss »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:16 am
ValhallSN95 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:15 pm Me and My wife had been discussing if FS was gonna get an update or a rerelease on the Series X
She was looking into getting me a Series X for Christmas, mostly so she can have my One X instead of our original One she's on currently...but I popped the motor in my car so it looks like instead of Christmas we're doing a 4.6 for the holidays.
I will be waiting until either a new GTA, New farm sim, or if college football ever comes back before I even contemplate a new console. Still kicking the PC option around.

But the reason I quoted you was the popped 4.6. I'm not on top of foreign cars so I'm guessing ford lol.
If you are considering an XBox/PS/PC then I'd suggest a PC. A PC will get you more mileage and is about the same price.
keep playing FS on your console until the new FS drops, then get it on PC. My point is, if you're going to spend hundreds anyway, get a PC that is upgradable.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:53 am
If you are considering an XBox/PS/PC then I'd suggest a PC. A PC will get you more mileage and is about the same price.
keep playing FS on your console until the new FS drops, then get it on PC. My point is, if you're going to spend hundreds anyway, get a PC that is upgradable.
The mods on FS are the main reason I started pondering a PC. I haven't messed with PC games in over 10 yrs but I was sold a bill of goods when the console rumor years back was the mfgs wanted 10 year runs on consoles. Looks like they went about 6 yrs with ps3 and 4. I cant afford having both but the light is shining more on the PC as time goes. If I can hook to my big screen and sit on the couch like I can a console it's a done deal.....eventually
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I have more hook to the same TV as the Xbox one and sit on the couch.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:16 am
I will be waiting until either a new GTA, New farm sim, or if college football ever comes back before I even contemplate a new console. Still kicking the PC option around.

But the reason I quoted you was the popped 4.6. I'm not on top of foreign cars so I'm guessing ford lol.
That was kinda my thinking too, I wanted to wait and see what games come out for the series x before I get one.
And yes a good ol' Ford 4.6 2V, guess after almost 200 passes on a 175 shot of nitrous, it had finally had enough with me lol put 2 rods through the side of the block on the way to work last week...we knew it was coming but was hoping for it to make it to spring at least.

(Edit) I forgot the real kicker on the motor deal, 338K miles on the original motor.
Last edited by ValhallSN95 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:24 am I have more hook to the same TV as the Xbox one and sit on the couch.
Sounding better and better lol
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 am
And yes a good ol' Ford 4.6 2V, guess after almost 200 passes on a 175 shot of nitrous, it had finally had enough with me lol put 2 rods through the side of the block on the way to work last week...we knew it was coming but was hoping for it to make it to spring at least.
I'm not car prejudice....but always leaned more towards GM products. I should have stuck with my gut instead of getting a Mark LT with a 5.4 3v. Love the truck but feel like I'm on borrowed time even after the new transplant last year. Now the imrc is stuck open even tho I babied it. Seem to have less issues if I stop worrying about what next and just run the heck out of it and have fun.

In regards to topic.....nothing has caught my eye with a new system and frankly I'd be more happy getting a pc with current FS and having access to course play and ground response features along with the more enticing old school US mods available. But having 3.....soon 4 kids means waiting regardless. Was trying to use the kids being home 3 days for school as a reason to get a PC but the dang school provided the chromebooks lol
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:37 am
I'm not car prejudice....but always leaned more towards GM products. I should have stuck with my gut instead of getting a Mark LT with a 5.4 3v. Love the truck but feel like I'm on borrowed time even after the new transplant last year. Now the imrc is stuck open even tho I babied it. Seem to have less issues if I stop worrying about what next and just run the heck out of it and have fun.

In regards to topic.....nothing has caught my eye with a new system and frankly I'd be more happy getting a pc with current FS and having access to course play and ground response features along with the more enticing old school US mods available. But having 3.....soon 4 kids means waiting regardless. Was trying to use the kids being home 3 days for school as a reason to get a PC but the dang school provided the chromebooks lol
I'm not car prejudice either, out of 50 cars I've had a little bit of everything lol 10 Camaros, 3 Trans AMs, 2 Firebirds, 7 Mustangs, 4 Miatas, 2 Focus, an Esprit, a Discovery, just to name a few lol

I've looked at getting a pc for awhile now, especially since the laptop I have is ancient, I use it for looking up service manuals at work and some tuning on the side, had upgraded it some to run FS17 when I thought about making the switch before but was just never happy playing on PC and ended up going back to console (how we ended up with our first Xbox One) I've looked into PC a few times for FS19 but cant justify it for just FS, and nothing else is really that is PC specific has caught my eye. Everything we do play is on Xbox so we've just stuck with that.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

My Xbox still hasn’t arrived....eurgh. Anyway watched DJ Goham (and as much as I can’t stand him) - it doesn’t look massively different to me, faster loading yes but otherwise that’s about it even the frame rates didn’t seem to have a big jump....think I’ll be going to PC and selling my series X on.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:19 am
Sounding better and better lol
Lately I have been setting up courseplay, then change to video 2 to play Xbox while courseplay works my fields ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Simon738 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:28 pm My Xbox still hasn’t arrived....eurgh. Anyway watched DJ Goham (and as much as I can’t stand him) - it doesn’t look massively different to me, faster loading yes but otherwise that’s about it even the frame rates didn’t seem to have a big jump....think I’ll be going to PC and selling my series X on.
What made you think it would have better graphics? Load times yes. The game isn’t optimized for series x
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

My TV told me, FS19 on SSD is running in 4K UHD HDR and 60 FPS..

But I'm not sure... because the Series X could scale it up to 4K and there is Auto HDR on the X.

Would be nice, to get an info direct from Giants.

EDIT: I tried out the One X version and now I can say, on the One X it is stuttering and not so nice. Loadtimes are massive. The Serie X version is really so much better in my honest opinion.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Didn’t think it would improve graphics, after all it is the same game with no update, just wasn’t sure if the HDR would make it look a little different. Frame rate is a massive thing for me as the One X is rubbish on most maps.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

So, temptation got the better of me and I’ve unboxed my series X and loaded FS19 up, transferred the data across from my old One X and have installed all the mods (took a while) back on Marwell - what’s different, loading times are far far quicker, in terms of frame rates and smoothness it’s night and day I’ll say that! The lighting looks different too, can’t exactly put my finger in it but the metal textures look different. Certainly not in the same league as PC at all but it’s a step up from the old One X and I’m happy with that for now, I’m still going to make the move to PC but this has slowed that a little.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Would be nice if they did an update to increase the slot limits.