New Cotton DLC (playing on console)

RogsR35UK

New Cotton DLC (playing on console)

Post by RogsR35UK »

I thought I would give this a try on the new Alpine DLC map as there were two cotton fields.

I used the Fiat 682 for the bale trailer (semi/artic) as a lot of power wasn’t required.

It is a lot more labour intensive, but satisfying. The Harvester with a 4000 capacity just about keeps up with the unloading trailer (hired worker harvesting). Transfer the cotton to the trailer that makes the bales and back to pick up the next load from the harvester.

Anyone else tried it out?
garyst

Re: New Cotton DLC (playing on console)

Post by garyst »

I have. Takes a bit longer to pick a field than the cp690 or the case ih module picker but to me it is so much more fun picking cotton this way.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm wondering if any players have had some issues with the Cotton Bale Press part of the mod? I've been playing with this Pack and I enjoy the pack very much and the more involved nature this pack gives players to do cotton, with the need to unload the harvester, then load the baler separately. However I'm finding a couple of small little issues with the baler that I wonder if others have experienced or have found work arounds for. The first thing I notice is that sometimes when filling the baler, no bale is visible in the baler until it's full and unloaded from the baler, then the bale turns from invisible to visible. Another slight issue I've found when unloading the cotton bale, sometimes it seems to get stuck or collides with the door and then I'm driving round and round with the baler trying to shake the thing loose and get it out of there, when I would expect I should just be able to drive forward and the bale be left behind very easily. The worst issue I'm finding is that unless the bale is 100% full, there doesn't seem anyway to unload a bale. So if you only have a partial bale there is no way to get it out of the baler. This gave me a problem when I made the mistake of using this equipment to do a contract on a map and couldn't eject the bale, to sell to complete the contract. Does anyone know a workaround to empty the baler if the bale isn't full?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Seems to me it likes to hook the back left corner. I pull away at a slight right seems to help. You could buy some cotton to finish out a bale that’s what I was gonna try.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I didn't even think of using a mod buy point to buy some loose cotton to fill the bale press. I could do that if a bale is close to being full like in the 90%+ region, but if I'm at 18% it's probably not going to be cost effective to do that. I could use one of those buy points where everything is free, but that does feel a bit like cheating.

One thing I'm going to test first though is a small edit I've made to xml of the press to put the cotton bale size back to the default size of the cotton bale made by the Case, to see if that fixes the problem of the bales getting stuck when unloading them. If they are smaller they should pass through the door easier is my thinking behind that, and also I can hopefully use the many autoloading trailers to transport the bales to sellpoints, as that one in the mod pack currently I have problems trying to reverse and pickup the bales as it swings and slides all over the place.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah it’s meant to be backed into position then tipped