Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

fenixguy

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by fenixguy »

@ Dairydeere, I have no idea how to adjust that but it reminded me of FS2011. See, back in those days there were no semis in the base game. For whatever reason, 99% of the modded ones were just how you described; they couldn't pull anything without the front wheels coming off the ground. I finally found one truck that worked but it only did because it was extremely heavy compared to all other vehicles in the game. It was quite fun to try to load that truck on a trailer and watch as both truck and trailer sailed off into the heavens. :lol: Good times.

Also, related to that (and sort of this topic), if you guys want to experience the ultimate spaz-out in FS19, try to put the Horsch seed tender that attaches to a 5th wheel onto a dolly. I tried that yesterday (I could've sworn I had done that before successfully) and dolly, tender, and tractor wound up in the top of a tree.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

I'm pumped for Millennial map today. Is everyone else excited?

****cue audience laughter****

Thank you all. You've been a great audience. Good night!

****cue Seinfeld music and credits****
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The strip till with the”anhydrous” tanks dropped today. That’s pretty cool.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yep, good looking rig. I'll be giving that a try today more than likely, it's FSN winter right now :D
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:43 pm The strip till with the”anhydrous” tanks dropped today. That’s pretty cool.
It's a nice mod! I'm confused why it's not liquid fertilizer but oh well. My biggest issue with it is that it does nothing to the ground state (plow or cultivated) I was hoping it would do something like that and put down fertilizer as it does in real life.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:56 pm It's a nice mod! I'm confused why it's not liquid fertilizer but oh well. My biggest issue with it is that it does nothing to the ground state (plow or cultivated) I was hoping it would do something like that and put down fertilizer as it does in real life.
Taken from JD's website:

2510H with Dry
High-Speed Application with Dry Nutrient Attachment

Low soil disturbance allows sidedressing right after planting to 30-inch tall corn
Eische

Post by Eische »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 pm Is there a way to adjust how heavy each end of the truck is? I found a nicely done Kenworth T600 Day cab, only thing is that it's so light on the front end, it can't pull a load without pulling a wheelie too lol
Its quite easy:
1. unpack the mod and open the i3d file in GE (only needed if you want to do it more precisely)
a. in the left tree you see those blue boxes. each of those is a component
b. trucks typically have only one main component. Tractors usually have two (additional one for the front axle)
c. mark the main component to check the position of the coordinate system (aka transform group). in most cases it is located in the center of the vehicle.
d. this is your origin with blue arrow pointing in the z direction

2. open the mods xml file
a. in the top area you find the <components section>
b. each component has its own line and the order is the same as in the GE tree (only the main components matter)
c. the centerOfMass parameter has 3 values for the coordinates. If it shows "0 0 0" the mass is located in the center of the transform group of that component
d. if you want to have more weight on the front axle, just move the mass in z direction: "0 0 0.5" for example
e. this will move the mass 0.5m (the standard grid shown in GE is 1m) to the positiv z direction (typically the front)
f. negativ values will move it to the back
g. same applies to the other directions as well.
h. you can also adjust the mass. If you want to use real values please note that the wheel mass should not be included here as the will add their own weight.

3. save the xml, close GE without saving, repack the mod, have fun.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
eric21

Post by eric21 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:56 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:43 pm The strip till with the”anhydrous” tanks dropped today. That’s pretty cool.
It's a nice mod! I'm confused why it's not liquid fertilizer but oh well. My biggest issue with it is that it does nothing to the ground state (plow or cultivated) I was hoping it would do something like that and put down fertilizer as it does in real life.
Because they are not cultivators, have a closer look at the equipment :)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Eische wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:16 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 pm Is there a way to adjust how heavy each end of the truck is? I found a nicely done Kenworth T600 Day cab, only thing is that it's so light on the front end, it can't pull a load without pulling a wheelie too lol
Its quite easy:
1. unpack the mod and open the i3d file in GE (only needed if you want to do it more precisely)
a. in the left tree you see those blue boxes. each of those is a component
b. trucks typically have only one main component. Tractors usually have two (additional one for the front axle)
c. mark the main component to check the position of the coordinate system (aka transform group). in most cases it is located in the center of the vehicle.
d. this is your origin with blue arrow pointing in the z direction

2. open the mods xml file
a. in the top area you find the <components section>
b. each component has its own line and the order is the same as in the GE tree (only the main components matter)
c. the centerOfMass parameter has 3 values for the coordinates. If it shows "0 0 0" the mass is located in the center of the transform group of that component
d. if you want to have more weight on the front axle, just move the mass in z direction: "0 0 0.5" for example
e. this will move the mass 0.5m (the standard grid shown in GE is 1m) to the positiv z direction (typically the front)
f. negativ values will move it to the back
g. same applies to the other directions as well.
h. you can also adjust the mass. If you want to use real values please note that the wheel mass should not be included here as the will add their own weight.

3. save the xml, close GE without saving, repack the mod, have fun.
Easy... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Thank you, I will be sure to try this later today :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

eric21 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:23 pm
I'm well aware... thanks for the "take a closer look" considering we own one and I use it. Sometimes I wonder why even post on here where everyone is smarter than the next person (so they think). It makes marks in the ground, decent trails which is where we usually line up the seeder in the spring. I was asking for a different ground state as on console we have either cultivated or plowed.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:37 pm I was asking for a different ground state as on console we have either cultivated or plowed.
For that, we'd either need an update to the entire game from Giants or an update for every map we use it on. It's a fertilizer, for the purposes of the game. Nothing more. Maybe this is something that can (and should) be incorporated into the next game. And if you want to get technical, it does change the ground state.... from dirt to slightly darker dirt. :lol:
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:37 pm
eric21 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:23 pm

I'm well aware... thanks for the "take a closer look" considering we own one and I use it. Sometimes I wonder why even post on here where everyone is smarter than the next person (so they think). It makes marks in the ground, decent trails which is where we usually line up the seeder in the spring. I was asking for a different ground state as on console we have either cultivated or plowed.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Any idea what happened to the Transtar? I was going to download that one this weekend.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:47 am Any idea what happened to the Transtar? I was going to download that one this weekend.
Here you go Bryan

https://www.facebook.com/97522316599090 ... 015002783/
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

JeffFarmer1029 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:03 am
Bryan83 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:47 am Any idea what happened to the Transtar? I was going to download that one this weekend.
Here you go Bryan

https://www.facebook.com/97522316599090 ... 015002783/
If it was falsely reported, then that's a bunch of bollocks.

If there were stolen elements, then I hope raulycristi1 corrects the mistake or seeks the proper permissions.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)