Post by Noraf »

Just got to love the Fellsburn grain mill sales point 👌

Beautiful touch that
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
FarmingBucket

Re: Alpine DLC initial impressions

Post by FarmingBucket »

Absolutely love the map! However I feel like they missed an opportunity to add a transportation contract or 2 involving the Hotel on the hill. I'm sure they need chocolate :)
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Has anybody else noticed there are no transport contracts? Sort of defeats the purpose of all the amazing locations around the map, no?
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

soccerhate wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:32 pm Has anybody else noticed there are no transport contracts? Sort of defeats the purpose of all the amazing locations around the map, no?
Yes that was my point in the post above. Don't understand why Giants did not add transport contracts.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

FarmingBucket wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:01 pm
soccerhate wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:32 pm Has anybody else noticed there are no transport contracts? Sort of defeats the purpose of all the amazing locations around the map, no?
Yes that was my point in the post above. Don't understand why Giants did not add transport contracts.
Sorry! My bad! I have heard so much of how sellpoints could be cool all around that I started assuming too much. But yeah, it struck me as extremely odd, considered the proverbial missing sellpoints on top of that)
roggek

Post by roggek »

I play Alpine DLC on XBox One S, and I must say that I'm very impressed of the beautiful landscape and the details.
No FPS drops that suffer from gameplay.

The only thing i miss is a slurry tanker from the beginning.

And I'm sure that transport contracts could be in a future update/patch?

GIANTS has made a masterpiece in my opinion.
Last edited by roggek on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

If you get harvest contracts, you'll get a transport contract as part of it. technically
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:10 pm If you get harvest contracts, you'll get a transport contract as part of it. technically
Doesn't cut it for me, though) All contract arables are in the valley, all sellpoints downtown - still no use for the hotels, the restaurant etc. on the mountain side.
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

I'm loving the map at the moment, started out on new farmer so go the farm, cows and equipment. The detail and scenery on the map is just amazing, way better than they other two standard Giants maps.

However, there is an issue that bugs me slightly. The farm area is nice and flat, lots of open spaces for which you think you would be able to expand. I tried placing a hay loft on the area just behind the bunker silo. Nope.
I tried adding a multifruit extension to the silo. Nope.
It doesn't seem to want to let me place anything in the open areas on the farm.

So instead, after a lot of head scratching, I bought a field down by the railway line, can't remember what number, but it has some grass area next to it, between the field and the railway line so I'll add my placeables there.

Love the train going off to Felsbrunn but it would be better if there was a pause between the train leaving the map and being paid, just to add a little bit of realism, rather than being paid instantly.
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
TomazKo96

Post by TomazKo96 »

JusGSi wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 am
The only sollution is if you are on PC that you use/enable place anywhere function in GC mod. If you are on console its sadly problem that Giants did not solve, yet.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

I only played for a few minutes, I think is very good but... What geo mod is better in this map? I'd like to use seasons.
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
tonymif

Post by tonymif »

Beautiful map. One issue I have is that when you do a contract that transports to the Felsbrunn grain mill, you don't get the overage on crops you normally get. You need to manually hold back what would be extra(math involved).

Also, the placement of the parked cars in the shop lot can cause some space issues.

Lastly, while the new equipment is interesting, in my opinion it is still a bit underpowered for some of the terrain.
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

tonymif wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:27 pm Beautiful map. One issue I have is that when you do a contract that transports to the Felsbrunn grain mill, you don't get the overage on crops you normally get. You need to manually hold back what would be extra(math involved).

Also, the placement of the parked cars in the shop lot can cause some space issues.

Lastly, while the new equipment is interesting, in my opinion it is still a bit underpowered for some of the terrain.
Yeah the cars parked at the shop are a real pain, especially when you get big equipment!

I haven't done a contract yet where the crop goes off the Felsbrunn but that's really worth knowing!! Thank you
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

TomazKo96 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:32 pm
JusGSi wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 am
The only sollution is if you are on PC that you use/enable place anywhere function in GC mod. If you are on console its sadly problem that Giants did not solve, yet.
Unfortunately I'm on console. I've found I can replace the silo with a multifruit of exactly the same size, which could be useful but I still can't place extensions next to it :sadnew: