Millennial farms

redglasses

Re: Millennial farms

Post by redglasses »

Didn't the map pass for consoles at one point and then was taken down? Giants really need to fix their testing system. All this hate being directed towards mappers paradise needs to be sent to giants, they seem to have really poor and unreliable testing procedures.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

redglasses wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:44 pm Didn't the map pass for consoles at one point and then was taken down? Giants really need to fix their testing system. All this hate being directed towards mappers paradise needs to be sent to giants, they seem to have really poor and unreliable testing procedures.
The initial release was. A couple of weeks ago though it had passed test for console (pending release, screenshot of that on their Facebook page) but was waiting for pc to pass before getting released. If something has changed since then I do not know and I do not think the new consoles change anything because the game code hasn’t changed one bit for them.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Their first issue was key binding for consoles, basically not enough buttons to push on a controller, although ps4 does support keyboard so it makes you wonder if that could have been a loop hole. But still, even as big and popular as Zach and his channel is, they decided best to toss the project away like garbage instead of just go with something that works. You Mapper fans are already standing high on your stool trying to defend them, which is fine that's just what fans do, but as quiet as it is on the front I don't think it's common news yet the map is scrapped. I imagine once it does there will be hoards more having nothing good to say about mappers. I do sympathize with them and hope they are ready for, and can deal with the coming backlash.

And as for a couple of you commenting "its just a game", I have seen you arguing in other forum posts before where you seem to have forgotten your own advice that it's "just a game".
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Wow some crazy post here! I don't see why MP just does not release the best version they have for PC as someone said on google or something and call it a beta. Its not like if its not on Giants modhub its the end of the world!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

redglasses wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:44 pm Didn't the map pass for consoles at one point and then was taken down? Giants really need to fix their testing system. All this hate being directed towards mappers paradise needs to be sent to giants, they seem to have really poor and unreliable testing procedures.
It was passed for console but MP wanted to be out with the PC version but which had problems. I'm assuming they were trying to convert to the next gen consoles but there was something wrong.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

It would be nice if everybody stopped sniping at each otherand certain members stop posting conjecture regarding the state of the map.

If you must have a go at someone I'm here, all donations/comments accepted however childish.

The map was passed for release on Consoles, so Blooby Farmer posted this on the Facebook page to try and stop all the "When is and Why hasn't" questions some people love to post repeatedly.

The only difference between the Console and PC versions is that the PC has Multi Terrain Angle so we naturally expected that there would be no problem in the testing, but the PC version then failed on translations which was corrected and resubmitted, it then failed on,

"Shop and a few fields are outside the border"

Which confused us as fields require terrain and there is no terrain under the border, the shop problem everybody was aware of and as the Console version had passed we assumed that it was not an issue, but apparently it now is a major issue with the testers who have said that everything else regarding the map seems to be OK.

As you can imagine with this sort of situation with conflicting testing it was decided to step back and try and get concrete information regarding the testing procedure from Giants, so that is the state of things at the moment.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:59 am
It would be nice if everybody stopped sniping at each otherand certain members stop posting conjecture regarding the state of the map.

If you must have a go at someone I'm here, all donations/comments accepted however childish.

The map was passed for release on Consoles, so Blooby Farmer posted this on the Facebook page to try and stop all the "When is and Why hasn't" questions some people love to post repeatedly.

The only difference between the Console and PC versions is that the PC has Multi Terrain Angle so we naturally expected that there would be no problem in the testing, but the PC version then failed on translations which was corrected and resubmitted, it then failed on,

Which confused us as fields require terrain and there is no terrain under the border, the shop problem everybody was aware of and as the Console version had passed we assumed that it was not an issue, but apparently it now is a major issue with the testers who have said that everything else regarding the map seems to be OK.

As you can imagine with this sort of situation with conflicting testing it was decided to step back and try and get concrete information regarding the testing procedure from Giants, so that is the state of things at the moment.
I, for one, appreciate your candor and thank you for taking the time to explain this. It's nice that you break things down for us and I wish you luck getting it all sorted out.

Until then, I'll continue to enjoy the Welker Farms map. Thank you.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:43 pm
Honkyfarmer wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:44 pm Maybe next time they should refrain from posting release dates

Edit: I'm not saying that as a rub. I'm serious....modders need to stick to the " this is what I'm working on and this is where I'm at". That's it. Clean and simple no promises.
I would even add to this stop posting pictures and teaser images every five minutes on your facebooks and instagrams as well. As much as you want to show off what your working on this just leads to players getting impatient and wanting to play it as soon as. Also whilst your taking all this time to post these pictures and write your cute little status updates and progress reports you're taking time away from the editor and actually working on the mod as well as testing and bug fixing it. Honestly I'd prefer modders work in silence, and then release their mods when they are finished and fully tested and we can be pleasantly surprised and excited when these mods drop from out of nowhere into our games. Surely modders taking pressure off themselves to deliver a product in a certain time must be better then the situation many get themselves into now.
I don't think the mods in testing list on here helps matters either.
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

TheSuBBie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:59 am It would be nice if everybody stopped sniping at each otherand certain members stop posting conjecture regarding the state of the map.

Thanks for the update. Is there any chance the console version can be released while the pc version is getting fixed?
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

^^ I second that.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
GBFarms

Post by GBFarms »

Saying Modders shouldn’t post screenshots and status updates on mods so that the rotten eggs of the world don’t pipe up is a silly point. Release dates don’t count, as there’s no guaranteed way to make that happen.

All in all I think it’s like saying movies shouldn’t have trailers or car manufacturers shouldn’t show concept cars.

People need to learn to hold their tongues, yes if someone says “release date -enter here-” multiple times and delays consistently, there’s justified animosity expected, but it should be voiced correctly. To take away the platform simply because some people don’t know how to use their voices is counter productive for the rest of us.

If you haven’t modded any game before, go mod one. When your first attempt repetitively fails for no clear reason; you’ll understand things differently I think.
Xbox one.
Instagram: GBFarms_FS19
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm was not saying Modders should cease posting all screenshots and updates when they are making and releasing a mod, but maybe just tone it down and back a fraction. Show us a nice picture to announce what mod you are working on next and then maybe refrain from posting anything else until it's actually in the game working and you are testing and bug fixing then show us some pictures of it in action to remind everyone it's coming along okay, and then finally when you can actually post "The mod is finished, here is the download link" then include some more pictures and that to me would be enough. The biggest thing is to stop hinting or suggesting at a release date/time when they have no control over that, unless they are releasing the mod themselves via their own site or download options.

I follow enough mod groups and sometimes my facebook timeline becomes so annoying when I see yet another bunch of pictures of a mod that, I've been seeing pictures of for three months, I click on the post expecting to find good news and a download button only to find it's yet another progress report, where they are excited they have just added new hi-resolution 3D bolts to a small part of it, or are asking for the page to get 5000 likes or something before they'll announce their next mod (The one after this one we're waiting for them to finish). The natural reaction for anyone here is to start to wonder if the mod will ever be released.
GBFarms wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:56 pm All in all I think it’s like saying movies shouldn’t have trailers or car manufacturers shouldn’t show concept cars.
I don't mind movies having teaser trailers, to announce films releasing in a few months/a years time. I do object to the constant stream of trailers which ultimately end up showing the whole film before it's released. As for car manufacturers with Concept Cars again I would liken this to a Mod Author who makes a mod for their own private use but then wants to go posting pictures of it everywhere to taunt players with a "Look what I have and you'll never have it." approach. I think Private Mods or Concept Mods should remain just exactly that, Private. Why advertise something you are never going to release to the public or the entire player base?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

eric21 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:02 am
It was passed for console but MP wanted to be out with the PC version but which had problems. I'm assuming they were trying to convert to the next gen consoles but there was something wrong.
Next gen 19 is just a (maybe optimized) backwards compatible game, not a whole new one.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

redglasses wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:35 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:02 am
Next gen 19 is just a (maybe optimized) backwards compatible game, not a whole new one.
I was watching mr sealyp the other day who was using the new PlayStation he wasn't sure if the graphics had improved or not.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

I was realy looking forward to this map. Mappers Paradise you created something realy good and you have come so far if you read this please dont let it all go to waste and try to relase this map one way or another it would be a such a shame.