New user account PS4

Barrcott

New user account PS4

Post by Barrcott »

My main account mod file is full of mods that I use onnregular save games so decided to create a nother user account on my PS4 , now I know my installed DLC's are available to me but once up & running I find my mod file is full of my other accounts mods ?
So I deleted one mod & logged into my original account to find it had gone from there too ? Surely a new user account should have an empty mod file shouldn't it ?

Any ideas anyone ? Or anyone prepared to open a new user account to see if the same happens ?
Thanks in advance
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Mwal

Re: New user account PS4

Post by Mwal »

I’m pretty sure they run off the same game data file and the only thing unique to the user on the same PlayStation is the save files. That’s where mods and dlc are. You should be able to verify this by whether or not you needed to re-download game updates for this new user.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:18 am I’m pretty sure they run off the same game data file and the only thing unique to the user on the same PlayStation is the save files. That’s where mods and dlc are. You should be able to verify this by whether or not you needed to re-download game updates for this new user.
inless it is differnt for ps4 then it is on xbox the only thing that should even share between account's would be the game and exp pack's and dlc's saved game's wouldn't be linked to the console at least there not on xbox as i have more then 1 xbox acct on same console they don't share the same saved map's i would think ps4 would be the same.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

ace54858 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:31 am
inless it is differnt for ps4 then it is on xbox the only thing that should even share between account's would be the game and exp pack's and dlc's saved game's wouldn't be linked to the console at least there not on xbox as i have more then 1 xbox acct on same console they don't share the same saved map's i would think ps4 would be the same.
That’s what I’m saying, the only unique thing is save data. Mods would be with the game data and therefore shared across all users on that machine like dlcs.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Thanks guys will go & have another look see later

Play time > Ford TW20
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I have multiple accounts set up on my ps4, the only advantage is I get 10 save games per account, all mods are the same. I set this all up back on fs17, hoping to have multiple mod folders so I could prep small farm vs large farm etc. but it doesn't work.

If you used 2 different consoles each with different accounts then you could have different mod folders
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Right, the saves are empty on the new user as they should be, but my installed mods from user 1 are there, if I delete a tractor from the installed mods list on user 2 then go back to user 1 the tractor has gone from there also .

The whole point was if my nephew's come around to stay they could use user 2 & install what they wanted without fear of any of my installed mods from being deleted 'accidentally' but it seems not to be the case😕

Play time > Ford TW20
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Crazof wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:56 pm I have multiple accounts set up on my ps4, the only advantage is I get 10 save games per account, all mods are the same. I set this all up back on fs17, hoping to have multiple mod folders so I could prep small farm vs large farm etc. but it doesn't work.

If you used 2 different consoles each with different accounts then you could have different mod folders
Bugger, so the only way around it is to have 2 consoles 😑

Play time > Ford TW20