A stupid question about seasons growth

Farmhohotree

A stupid question about seasons growth

Post by Farmhohotree »

When i go to bed and sleep 12 hours, does the crops stop growing during that time?.

I made it to 1st day of winter and my wheat had grown 1 inch, so i am just wondering what is stopping the growth.
fenixguy

Re: A stupid question about seasons growth

Post by fenixguy »

Crops changes occur at midnight. Sometimes it takes a minute or so for the game to "catch up" after a fast forward.

When did you plant the wheat?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Farmhohotree

Post by Farmhohotree »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:38 pm Crops changes occur at midnight. Sometimes it takes a minute or so for the game to "catch up" after a fast forward.

I planted it on the 3rd day of spring because i was waiting for the ground temp to be 5°c because thats what wheat needs,
but it never became 5°c so i just planted it and it never grew. I think it was 2°c when i planted.

I wanted to plant in 1st day of spring, but the ground temp was wrong. Is it ok to plant even tho the temperature is off?

Sorry for my messy text
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yes, its fine to plant even with temperatures off, its important that you are inside seeding window only.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

As mentioned above it does take sometimes several hours in game time for the transition growth to take effect, somewhat dependent upon how fast your time is running.

To explain growth using seasons in a relatively simple manner:

You have a single Geo mod that you are using with the save game (seasons has one built in so you don’t have to use a custom one, if you use a custom one it overrides the base seasons Geo)

Growth for each individual crop is governed by the Geo that you are using so if the geo doesn’t tell it to grow at a transition it will not grow.

Soil temperature doesn’t matter for your ability to plant, however the crop has to reach germination temperature before it will start to grow. So for example if you planted on the first day of early spring and it wasn’t warm enough to germinate by the last day of early spring it would grow even if the Geo would have growth at that point.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Farmhohotree wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:47 pm When i go to bed and sleep 12 hours, does the crops stop growing during that time?.

I made it to 1st day of winter and my wheat had grown 1 inch, so i am just wondering what is stopping the growth.
Fall seeded crops only go to the first growth stage until the next spring.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:38 pm Crops changes occur at midnight. Sometimes it takes a minute or so for the game to "catch up" after a fast forward.

The time of crop changes seems to vary on different maps, all the mod maps I have played the last few months the crops don't change until between noon and 1600.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There has been a fair amount of these questions lately, you could try asking some of the others who have asked about crop issues what geo or map they’re on, maybe a specific map or geo isn’t working after an update