Precision Farming DLC

norfolk farmer

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:45 pm I was finally looking forward to a dlc, and I don't think I will use it since gps, additional field, and unit convert doesn't with it.

I'm still seeing what will work and what won't before I decide, gps still worked on vehicles I had it fitted to it just didn't show on the gator which still seemed to functio
Svdbrg

Post by Svdbrg »

I wanna see "seed/ha" for different soil types for higher yields.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well thundr updated unit lite converter mod that messed up buying fields with the precision dlc.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I appreciate the hard work that was put into this and was looking forward to it. TBH just to much baloney to use it right now.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

Farmer BarleyMow wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:44 pm
High Cotton wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:11 pm To those who have enabled this on an existing save game. Did this add on reset your field fertilization and lime states when you enabled it? I’m just finishing up planting and fertilization about to being herbicide application. I don’t want to have to start over with only a few growth stages left.
Just tried it on my Six Ashes save & yes it does reset field state. Did not remove crops though. Going to have to wait till crops are harvested before enabling.
Thank you.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Whatta great addition this DLC is! I have to say Giants did great job, real game changer.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

On console this is an awesome addition. Each crop requires different amounts of fertilizer, like it should be. I noticed soybeans don't require any additional after planting. And with seasons, it will only be 1 pass required after planting, not multiple.
Just curious how many seasons will the soil sample be good for?
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Deereslayer wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 pm On console this is an awesome addition. Each crop requires different amounts of fertilizer, like it should be. I noticed soybeans don't require any additional after planting. And with seasons, it will only be 1 pass required after planting, not multiple.
Just curious how many seasons will the soil sample be good for?
I was wondering the same thing irl ours usually go 3 so hoping it last that. So noticed it shows a tab on the map for sample out of date?
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I saw FSClubs video and while he was taking samples of the field, dark red circles appeared around his vehicle on the mini-map.
So, easy to see where he’s been.

When I tried taking samples on PS4 though, no dark red circle appeared around my vehicle.
I had to jump back into the big map to see where I’ve been. Not so handy.

Is there an option somewhere where you can change what you see in the mini-map?
Cause it does show yields atm.
Ignorance is bliss
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Top content *thumbsup*
Looking forward to seeing what else gets added by Giants in the (hopefully) near future. Thanks Giants :-)
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
kyleu65

Post by kyleu65 »

So this DLC has totally screwed up the map being able to see where you have fertilized or weeded for contracts. This is very counterproductive to what this is supposed to be doing. When i'm doing a contract I should be able to see the area change to the light blue or dark blue on the map. If not getting a automatic adjustment for the fertilizer is fine since i don't own the land. But, it should still work as it did for contracts.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:37 pm I saw FSClubs video and while he was taking samples of the field, dark red circles appeared around his vehicle on the mini-map.

When I tried taking samples on PS4 though, no dark red circle appeared around my vehicle.

try in the tab that the dlc added there is an option to show/hide just like there is for showing crop's but not sure if it would effect mini map as it showed up on it fine when i did it on xb.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:37 pm I saw FSClubs video and while he was taking samples of the field, dark red circles appeared around his vehicle on the mini-map.

Mine came up on overlay mini map when the sampler is activated
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

dapals51 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:02 am

Mine came up on overlay mini map when the sampler is activated
Weird. Maybe a bug?
Mine shows yield. Probably because I started harvesting the field next to it
Ignorance is bliss
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I find this interesting. Especially all the little quirks with machinery. May give this a go on an American map.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----