Precision DLC Nitrogen Issue

DMZ Commander

Precision DLC Nitrogen Issue

Post by DMZ Commander »

So I surveyed the field, got all my data. Put down lime to get the proper pH. Fertilized to get the proper nitrogen levels. Ended up with a phenomenal yield. Awesome. That was the first time the field was worked.

Since then a vast majority of the field on both the menu map and the pda show the vast majority of the field as blank on the nitrogen levels. No color coded nothing. Some spots around the edges show some green/yellow areas which is cool but there's nothing in about 80% of the field.

Any idea why a large area of the field is showing up basically as vanilla on the map and pda?

I'm on the alpine map, modhub mods only, no noticeable conflicts anywhere else. And as I said before, the first working if the field was flawless, now on my 4th seeding.

Edit: field 4 on alpine map, 4th seeding, all soybeans
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
redglasses

Re: Precision DLC Nitrogen Issue

Post by redglasses »

Soybeans have a bug where they want a 0 nitrogen level for optimum yield and leave behind 0 nitrogen after harvest.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Interesting....glad to know it's not some wack mod conflict.

Highly recommend watching Farmer Klein's 3 part tutorial on the DLC. He did a great job breaking everything down and explaining it.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Eische

Post by Eische »

redglasses wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:18 am Soybeans have a bug where they want a 0 nitrogen level for optimum yield and leave behind 0 nitrogen after harvest.
I already wrote a bug report and got a reply.
This is as intended. Soybeans do not need additional nitrogen in reality as they grab is out of the air.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Eische wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:35 am
redglasses wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:18 am Soybeans have a bug where they want a 0 nitrogen level for optimum yield and leave behind 0 nitrogen after harvest.
I already wrote a bug report and got a reply.
This is as intended. Soybeans do not need additional nitrogen in reality as they grab is out of the air.
Thats great to know. Thanks
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

So keep flipping soybeans with seed only for ridiculous profits lol sounds good to me
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:33 am So I surveyed the field, got all my data. Put down lime to get the proper pH. Fertilized to get the proper nitrogen levels. Ended up with a phenomenal yield. Awesome. That was the first time the field was worked.

Since then a vast majority of the field on both the menu map and the pda show the vast majority of the field as blank on the nitrogen levels. No color coded nothing. Some spots around the edges show some green/yellow areas which is cool but there's nothing in about 80% of the field.

Any idea why a large area of the field is showing up basically as vanilla on the map and pda?

I'm on the alpine map, modhub mods only, no noticeable conflicts anywhere else. And as I said before, the first working if the field was flawless, now on my 4th seeding.

Edit: field 4 on alpine map, 4th seeding, all soybeans
Hold on. Isn't it the 3d harvest that makes data obsolete, and you're back on to your Isaria scouting?

Also, as mentioned above, soybeans don't need additional fertilizer, they actually should enrich the soil with it after harvest a bit.
aklein

Post by aklein »

In part 3 of my series I demonstrate that soybeans add 40 kg/ha back into the field post harvest which is accurate. Not sure about the accuracy of the amount they put back but the fact they do is accurate. This is one reason farmers in the US will plant them directly behind a Wheat/Barley harvest with out fertilizer as soybeans dont really need it and when they are done harvest they have enriched the soil so that the following crop, usually corn, requires less nitrogen application to the soil because the beans enriched the soil somewhat.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes that's correct. That's also why you only put anhydrous (nh3) down on corn ground. Corn needs the nitrogen. Corn crop is better where beans were before vs corn on corn. Plus it helps hauling a lot of manure on bean ground after harvest. That's already why you rotate crops because didn't ones use different nutrients and put back different nutrients into the ground.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It’s complicated and I will start with saying I learned this from an agronomist but I’m not nearly as smart as him and will do my best to explain it. Soybeans create there own nitrogen this is correct but they don’t really leave much if anything behind. They just contain it in a higher level in the plant so organisms that eat it don’t eat it from the soil the get what the need from the plant. Some people get confused when the see people putting starter fertilizer on but it’s things like phosphorus that help with beans in starter fertilizer. As far as putting nitrogen onto beans places with high yielding beans (further south than us) have been putting it on when the soybean plant is making pods and have seen increased yields but I can’t speak to this as we were told when people with lower yielding beans like us because of how far north we are and the different type we have to grow don’t see a profitable yield increase when applying nitrogen at the same stage. Maybe Illinoisfarmer or farmercaseih can speak more to this than me since they grow further south.
Illinois Farmer

I have never done, seen, or heard of anyone around here putting nitrogen on their beans when the pods are forming. We get usually 65 to 90 bushels/ acre of beans. Channel is always happy when we report our yields back for them. I don't think it would cost effective to try and add it back. What I have seen a growing trend in is spraying cobra on the beans. Cobra kills weeds but also burns down the bean plant. Supposedly when it grows back it will give you a better yield. It looks terrible after they get burned down.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Only thing we spray on in beans is for weeds... nitrogen/fertilizer is for corn
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

https://extension.sdstate.edu/late-seas ... en-soybean
There’s an article that explains it better
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:35 pm Yes that's correct. That's also why you only put anhydrous (nh3) down on corn ground. Corn needs the nitrogen. Corn crop is better where beans were before vs corn on corn. Plus it helps hauling a lot of manure on bean ground after harvest. That's already why you rotate crops because didn't ones use different nutrients and put back different nutrients into the ground.
When you say "anhydrous" do you mean anhydrous lime? NH3 is ammonia.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Illinois Farmer

Anhydrous is actually Anhydrous ammonia. Says it on the tanks ha.