Precision Farming DLC

xlisa1986x

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by xlisa1986x »

Ado239 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:00 pm If this has already been answered i apologise, How often do you have to take soil samples from a field?
I’m looking for the answer to this as well, also does do you have to lime after every harvest for the ph value to be correct?
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

If you want the ph to be perfect every time then yes, although I think you could probably get away with doing it every 3 harvests or something like that.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Stone75 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:07 pm To any on PC who think the sample size is too small. I edited the Isaria scout XML to double the size. The line is <soilSampler node="samplingNode" radius="32.5" I changed mine to 65 and im quite happy with that on a 4k Flint Hills map. I believe you can change the price per sample also but i have not tried. I believe this is in the PrecisionFarming XML I'd imagine this is the line to alter for both price and time per sample. <sampling name="$l10n_pa_sampledArea" sampledColor="0.1022 0.0168 0.0212" sampledColorBlind="0.0061 0.0061 0.0130" pricePerSample="50 100 150" analyseTimeSecPerSample="5"> The values 50 100 150 for the different economy settings. ALl the above are found in your Mods/FS19_PrecisionFarming Folder with the scout being in the vehicles folder.
300 is about the size of the mini map. :biggrin2:
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

redglasses wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:29 pm If you want the ph to be perfect every time then yes, although I think you could probably get away with doing it every 3 harvests or something like that.
That’s good to know, thanks for the info :-)
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

bojanh66 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:16 am Crash, if you are on PC, just edit the radius in XML file.
Search for number "32.5" and change it to 10000 or something like that, you should cover most of your map in just 1 click :)
Yea, its cheating, but if you want to finish fast taking samples, thats the real thing.
Will doing this make the DLC as showing it needs an update in the modhub? Bc that drives me crazy haha
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I think it does
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Maybe someone will submit a mod to increase it or just a different larger sampler. I hate when mods show needing an update haha I can't have that yellow dot showing
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Not sure if this has been posted on this thread yet or not, but if you don't want to adjust the radius, you can type paUncover Field __ or paUncoverAll to uncover the sampling on select fields or the whole map
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mwal wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:48 pm
eric21 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 pm Here in the UK they do ot multiple times in one area especially in construction and in agriculture, sometimes they last a few days over a certain area. The same in the US too
In construction, like how so? Drilling to see how deep to drive pilings or taking cores for things like landfills are a bit different than soil sampling in ag like the fact you probably are not going into the hundreds of feet deep to test the soil for crops.
You seem them for any building projects of any kind, roads, housing developments etc. True but the principle is the same, they move around on the same plot of land.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

I’m really enjoying the new DLC, it’ll take time to work it all out and understand it but I really like the amount of variables this now throws in.

I’d like to see next that now we know what type of soil we’re on top of, for that to affect the horsepower/speed that we’re able to work through the land. Eg pulling a cultivator through sandy loam as opposed to clay would be very different, with the tractor bogging down.

Also would it be a possibility to add the mini map into the cab view on the main side panel screen to make it again more realistic, similar to using the gps functions in a real cab??
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

For the people who want a simulator experience, this mod is top notch. Exactly what I've been wanting. I especially love the yield map after harvest. Anyone who farms real life knows that is how they actually look.
Like said before, its not for everyone. If its too time consuming don't use it. In real life an actual grid is sampled about every 2 acres. The size is just fine to me. If you just want to drive tractors, don't use it. If you just want $$$, put the cheat down and collect and don't use the mod. I'm very thankful for this, but I want the whole experience, not just driving tractors.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Simon738 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:54 pm I’d like to see next that now we know what type of soil we’re on top of, for that to affect the horsepower/speed that we’re able to work through the land. Eg pulling a cultivator through sandy loam as opposed to clay would be very different, with the tractor bogging down.
This would be really cool to have. I think giants said they were going to keep updating this dlc with more content so hopefully this happens.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
loonitun

Post by loonitun »

Now i have done a bit with the new DLC i really like it, but it has a few flaws or issues.

the biggest issue for me is the economic tab. it seams to take it by land plot and not field. that is a big issue when you spread a field over multiple landplots.
in the same kind of area, while playing multiplayer, you can not see the economic info on a plot owned by another farmer EVEN if you have shared farms.

the smaller issues is maybe due to other mods conflicting and not really a big deal.
but once in a while the hud overlay disapears ( the small bar showing how much of X application is needed ) but since i have done it with auto anyway it aint such big of a deal.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

redglasses wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:51 am
Inoque wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:17 pm
redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:27 am Is there a table which shows the perfect nitrogen level for each crop?
Check Farmer Klein.
https://youtu.be/zqydWXrvALg
I made one now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Thank you for this! I’ve used it a bunch this weekend 😁
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

On the normal map menu it used to show you in blue the fertilisation stage, obviously that is now classed as the ph value and doesn’t show the blue anymore. This is fine for your own fields but when you do a fertilising contact, you can’t see from the map the bits you have missed.. i always used that as it’s a lot easier to see than driving around trying to spot the missed parts.
I’m on a Sussex Farms so not sure if it’s a mod error
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22