Precision DLC Nitrogen Issue

bcdeadalus

Re: Precision DLC Nitrogen Issue

Post by bcdeadalus »

having read through this i still beleave theres a bug with it i planted wheat onto my soybean fields where most of it was showing no nitrogen after harvest yet i still can not apply fertalizer automaticly to the field at any stage of the growing stages on any field i have replanted after soybeans
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Haha facts ha. Like we were all chiseling at this point last year.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

And before someone says something about no-till...I have grown 300 bushel corn after tillage...
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make, 0 kg/ha is an unrealistic amount for ground to have, therefore 0 kg/ha shouldn't happen in the game, so why list that as the optimum level for soybeans, especially for every ground type. It's a bug on giants' part.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

This was my first full cycle of Beans on corn stubble
The beans used 0 fertilizer when seeding.

So nobody can say I was cheating...
Harvesting:

Beans:

soil types:

pH:

Yeild: (90-125 which is predictable for the soil types)

N values are increasing from 60 to 100 So a gain of 40kg/ha

So it looks like there is no penalty for N being too high (on beans) and they add 40kg of "free" N after using 0kg.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

redglasses wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:51 pm I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make, 0 kg/ha is an unrealistic amount for ground to have, therefore 0 kg/ha shouldn't happen in the game, so why list that as the optimum level for soybeans, especially for every ground type. It's a bug on giants' part.
I will say it again they don't need nitrogen to grow. That's why you go beans, corn rotation. I think you are missing the point of 0 kg/ha. It is their optimum level because they don't need it. It won't hurt them to have some. They will add some themselves. Corn you can put too much nitrogen on the ground.

Canadienfarmer, yes beans add nitrogen to the ground. Those findings are correct. They take it fun the air and add it truth their roots.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Yeah, that's what we know happens in real life with all legumes but nobody could decide if that's what Giants did in the game, if you were penalized for too much, or if they did add, how much.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

So if I may stray from game mechanics for a moment and ask a real world question, if you sampled soil and found that the nitrogen was too high, how would you go about reducing the amount? (If there is such a thing as too much nitrogen, that is.)
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

When we get soil tests, they are mainly to see if we need to put lime on. Too much nitrogen isn't really an issue, especially for corn. Sometimes too much nitrogen will burn the plants (why you don't apply anhydrous and plant right away). If nitrogen had to be removed, I think time is the only way.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It will naturally run off or be used up plants and organisms that can consume it. The run off creates all sorts of environmental issues and it’s part of the reason precision farming is really important. The only situation I’ve ever been in where nitrogen was so high over a large area nothing grows is when we clean lagoons at work and the following spring they plant things in the field we spread it in because they are required to. Use to be my job to try and dry them out and make them farmable and nothing ever grew, haha hardly even weeds. That was a contained environment where all runoff was captured, kept, reused or cleaned.
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

KCHARRO wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:47 pm Hi guys, something similar happened to me because I use a GEO that allows me to collect twice a year with seasons, In FS17 it was called Aichi, I took the data from the Crops.xml and put it in seasons, in summer I plant corn and soybeans them which I collect in autumn, then I can sow Wheat, Barley, Oats and the rest, and collect the following year in Summer, and so it repeats. I started using Precision Farming in the middle of the year, I sowed in autumn, the following summer I obtained an excellent yield, even in some areas of the fields it was at 132%, then when planting soybeans I noticed that it did not fertilize, leaving the Nitrogen at 40- 80Kg / H, I thought it was a problem with the DLC, but I went to investigate here and saw this thread and doubts have already been clarified ...

Last night I planted the fields with soybeans, today after work I will start collecting and I will see the issue of nitrogen, if it rises or falls.

I have not tried with corn, but soybeans are not fertilized, (use in automatic) and it says it does not need it ...

Otherwise, the DLC is great, and easy to integrate into users' maps.
I spent the weekend, in Perestroika (Original from FS15), which I am converting to FS19 (it is already playable, but at the same time I learn with it, I have taken a long time, and there is still a long way to go), I picked the soybeans that I had planted in fields 21 and 22, the yield was variable, reaching the maximum yield according to the type of soil, and it did not need nitrogen, nor does it leave once harvested, at first I thought it was a bug, but it is not. It seems that it generates its own nitrogen as explained in previous post, also depending on the level of lime (ph) that the field has, it influences the final yield.

The DLC is perfect and so far I have had no problems with it.

I have harvested about 4 times and I have not needed to resample the fields (until now) I do not know if it will be necessary to do it later.

Cheers...
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Resample must be done after 6 harvests.

viewtopic.php?f=874&t=173601&p=1343159#p1343159

Translated for the non-german speakers:

Samples must be taken every 6 harvests / "years". The soil type does not change, of course, but follow-up samples are necessary to maintain the current pH and nitrogen values. Similar to how you take samples every year in reality to find out the nitrogen content in the soil.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

If its only needed after 6 years or harvests, that's awesome