Precision Farming DLC

ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

xlisa1986x wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:23 pm On the normal map menu it used to show you in blue the fertilisation stage, obviously that is now classed as the ph value and doesn’t show the blue anymore. This is fine for your own fields but when you do a fertilising contact, you can’t see from the map the bits you have missed.. i always used that as it’s a lot easier to see than driving around trying to spot the missed parts.
I’m on a Sussex Farms so not sure if it’s a mod error
pH replaced Lime
Nitrogen replaced Fertilization.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Oh yeah so it is 🤦🏻‍♀️
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

xlisa1986x wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:23 pm On the normal map menu it used to show you in blue the fertilisation stage, obviously that is now classed as the ph value and doesn’t show the blue anymore. This is fine for your own fields but when you do a fertilising contact, you can’t see from the map the bits you have missed.. i always used that as it’s a lot easier to see than driving around trying to spot the missed parts.
Ya I’ve run into this problem too on new woodshire. Not so much of a problem on Woodshire because most of the fields are square but I can see where you’re coming from. Maybe they should show a “recently applied” fertilizer section where the old fert section was.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

redglasses wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:43 am
Ya I’ve run into this problem too on new woodshire. Not so much of a problem on Woodshire because most of the fields are square but I can see where you’re coming from. Maybe they should show a “recently applied” fertilizer section where the old fert section was.
that or add contract's so we can soil sample the AI/NPC fields then it should show up on the mini map like it does for owned fields.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Does Variable Spray Usage mod mess things up?
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
GBFarms

Post by GBFarms »

ace54858 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 am
that or add contract's so we can soil sample the AI/NPC fields then it should show up on the mini map like it does for owned fields.
When you start a contract does it allow you to sample land or can it tell you’re going against the plan?
Xbox one.
Instagram: GBFarms_FS19
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

GBFarms wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:48 pm
ace54858 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 am
When you start a contract does it allow you to sample land or can it tell you’re going against the plan?
it won't allow you to at all say's something like you don't have access to the land and you can't buy the land take the samples and sell it back either it clear's all of it out like you didn't even do it at all.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Does the fertilizer rate with seeders and planters change based on if you already applied fertilizer before planting as well?

And is there a way to set which crop you are going to plant in order to determine the correct final nitrogen level in the field? Every video I watch seems to always be shooting for 200kgs, but if some crops don't require this much, how do we adjust the automatic rate to be correct?

Depending on the nitrogen removal from each crop, being able to fertilize at planting would allow less work depending on crops as well.

Haven't had the chance to play it much yet to test myself...
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

gilroy222 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:41 am Does the fertilizer rate with seeders and planters change based on if you already applied fertilizer before planting as well?

And is there a way to set which crop you are going to plant in order to determine the correct final nitrogen level in the field? Every video I watch seems to always be shooting for 200kgs, but if some crops don't require this much, how do we adjust the automatic rate to be correct?

Depending on the nitrogen removal from each crop, being able to fertilize at planting would allow less work depending on crops as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

AFAIK autorate only works if you are spreading/spraying on ground with crop in/on it. You can manually adjust the rate using the spreadsheet linked above. I've also heard when you are seeding w/ fert it automatically sets it to the optimum amount.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:45 am
gilroy222 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:41 am Does the fertilizer rate with seeders and planters change based on if you already applied fertilizer before planting as well?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

AFAIK autorate only works if you are spreading/spraying on ground with crop in/on it. You can manually adjust the rate using the spreadsheet linked above. I've also heard when you are seeding w/ fert it automatically sets it to the optimum amount.
So if I go in and spread fertilizer before planting like we do in real life for corn for example, and then go to use fertilizer during planting, will the planter put down only fertilizer that is needed or will it over fertilize?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

It will put down only what is needed if its set on Automatic.
If its set on Manual, then it will put that manual amount you set.
aklein

Post by aklein »

We can not talk of fertilizer in the generic sense with precision farming. Organic (manure, slurry and digestate) all apply at a fixed rate based on soil type regardless of when they are applied.

Those rates are as follows: Loamy Sand: 40 kh/ha, Sandy Loam: 60kg/ha, Loam: 80hg/ha and Silty Clay: 60kg/ha

It is very possible to apply say manure then slurry then manure then slurry and keep repeating until you have maxed out the nitrogen and yes its very easy to over fertilize this way although it can take some time.

Now for your chemical fertilizer in solid fert or liquid fert. If you apply this BEFORE seeding/planting then it is also applied at a fixed rate based on soil type but if you apply it AFTER seeding/planting then its applied either in manual or automatic mode and the amount applied in automatic mode is based upon the crop in the ground. In this mode it is not possible to over fertilize unless you already did it by overdoing it before seeding.

Rates solid and liquid is applied before seeding are as follows: Loamy Sand: 60kg/ha, Sandy Loam: 80kg/ha, Loam 100kg/ha and Silty Clay: 80kg/ha

You can find more information specific to each crop type and the amount of nitrogen it needs per soil type the third part of my precision farming how to series.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

So then if a seeder has fertilizer in it, does the fertilization step count as BEFORE planting, or AFTER?
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Am I the only one that, after updating season + downloading the DLC, all my growth status stopped?

I was in early summer, most of my growth state were at stage 2 (mid-green) and none of them growth up after that.

I'm currently in winter, hopefully with a "reset" caused by winter will fix that...I really don't want to start a new savegame!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I had same problem with soybean fields, they were growing nicely and stuck at 83%. I had to wait additional year until they were 100% ready for harvest...wierd.