Farming simulator 21 release?

Bryan83

Re: Farming simulator 21 release?

Post by Bryan83 »

Just spit balling an idea here, but I'm wondering if they're skipping this installment. I mean when I think about it, the precision farming DLC is going to take 2 years to complete, and Giants has been reluctant to announce much about it. And with the new consoles comes new capabilities to learn and program for.

So yeah, I'm kinda thinking our next FS might just be 23.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I would be perfectly fine with that if they keep bringing paid or free content that’s worthwhile
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

I think next fs is coming in 2021 beacuse only reason why they delayed the next fs was beacuse of the next gen consoles thats it that is the ONLY reason. And covid also has nothing to do with it since they announced the delayment before the pandemic in china started.
Minecraftchest1

Post by Minecraftchest1 »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:11 am Just spit balling an idea here, but I'm wondering if they're skipping this installment. I mean when I think about it, the precision farming DLC is going to take 2 years to complete, and Giants has been reluctant to announce much about it.
The precision farming DLC is out on steam already.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It is on the modhub as well. What Bryan is talking about is giants said this precision farming will grow and develop.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I was also commenting about the release date for the next iteration of FS when I said they have been relatively silent.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Yeah that too ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I hope they wait another couple years for the next release. I feel like FS19 is really getting good now with maps and game changing mods such as Precision Farming, Seasons, UnitConvert, Global Company, etc. I'm excited to see how modders keep building on this current version.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Illinois Farmer

Same. I'm fine with update now and again. It will stink for modders to convert everything again.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I suspect they are hard at work on the next version right now. The new consoles are out, and I'm sure they finally got their hands on them.
It's too late to get it out for Christmas 2020, but I am willing to bet the farm they'll release FS21 in 2021.
I expect the hype train to begin before spring.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I kind of hope they take a page from SCS Software's book and keep one iteration of the game and just push out paid and free content for the game constantly. Would save the modding community a headache of conversions every two years, and keeps everyone on the same page. I have ATS now, and for a 4 year old game with just constant small updates, it looks really good.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Minecraftchest1

Post by Minecraftchest1 »

[quote=FarmBoss post_id=1345460 time=1608146834 user_id=139283]
I suspect they are hard at work on the next version right now. The new consoles are out, and I'm sure they finally got their hands on them.
[/quote]

Just as long as the game can still run on older consoles (read original xbox one).
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Minecraftchest1 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:15 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 pm I suspect they are hard at work on the next version right now. The new consoles are out, and I'm sure they finally got their hands on them.
Just as long as the game can still run on older consoles (read original xbox one).
Doubt it as the PS4 and Xbox One are still current Gen, and they’re getting to be pretty anemic in performance, now if there was a way to only release on the PS4 Pro and One S/X maybe.

I would like to see a new game though without backwards mod compatibility, (but like 15 to 17 and not 17 to 19 so that conversion is easier) and then have some of the scripts like Global Company and others base game, mainly to help with game stability. And for many of the realism features I would like to see them base game but disabled/set with best values and then have “activation key” type mods to enable them on the Modhub, would help keep from confusing/losing the casual non realistic players in game mechanics and option menus while allowing the realism community to play with features they want that previously would require numerous conflicting mods (like Precision Farming and Seasons weirdness) as the scripts would be base game and always running (meaning modders would have to make compatibility).

One thing to keep in mind for those wanting stuff like seasons is that for new player who isn’t going to get invested in 500 hour saves it’s a large layer of confusing mechanics. And on top of that Seasons is something poorly suited to being turned off and on in an option menu at a whim. (Which is where I thought of the “activation key” mods)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I only want one thing for consoles: CAN YOU PLEASE LIGHTEN UP ON THE RESTRICTIONS ON WHERE I CAN PLACE THINGS??! Ahem sry I didn't realize I was shouting. Seriously though it gets really aggravating!
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

if giants didn't add seasons in base game even after all the rumors and hearsay, doubtful something like global company would be deciphered and and integrated for all platforms. considering most console players probably don't even know what the h e 2 sticks it is. I'm friends with and watch pc tubers and I couldn't even tall ya. please don't explain it, i'm on console by choice, i don't care :lol:
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs