Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

vondeylenfarms

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by vondeylenfarms »

It's beyond ridiculous... literally sounds like 3 maybe 4 of the best modders got banned for something so stupid that could have been handled differently! Not to mention, all the modders banned are the few that make mods for consoles! I don't expect to get support on here and frankly I don't care. If you cant see what giants is doing and how pathetic it is...then you're blind. This game, mostly console players is dead
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I think everyone needs to calm down, its all going to blow over next week
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I wouldn’t say for nothing, pirating digitally copyrighted data is a felony as anyone who’s ever watched a movie and read the warnings at the beginning can easily see. If anything was on patreon for profit this could be a pretty forgiving slap on the wrist. In the flip side it makes them look bad, they either knew and chose to wait until they wouldn’t be around to deal with any backlash or they keep people around over the holidays to monitor for things like this. The evidence points to the first and the best thing to remember is to stay cordial in our complaints because flaming rage tends to only make things worse.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

eric21 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:06 pm I think everyone needs to calm down, its all going to blow over next week
Blow over? Lol no it's not. They aren't suspended, they are banned. That's a huge blow to console players who already get shafted in mods due to limitations. Like I said, disagree with me I don't care. Tons of players even on PC are fuming over this act from them.

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:48 pm That's on tnt and tbs fur 24 hrs tomorrow, I think. I have actually never seen it all the way through.
Starting at the beginning of the month I DVR’d All the Christmas movies I could find, including Gremlins. So I got Bing Crosby, George C Scott, Spike, Will Ferrell, Ralphie, cousin Eddie,…
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

eric21 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:06 pm I think everyone needs to calm down, its all going to blow over next week
See, this is why I love Eric21...Sometimes is the voice of reason. It’s not gonna do anybody anything getting all angry. Put your pitchforks and torches away, it’s Christmas.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

There are still like 8 trillion mods on the modhub
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:29 pm There are still like 8 trillion mods on the modhub
I'm not knocking the mods already released bud..nthe future of it. These modders had several very good mods coming, for consoles!

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:25 pm
See, this is why I love Eric21...Sometimes is the voice of reason. It’s not gonna do anybody anything getting all angry. Put your pitchforks and torches away, it’s Christmas.
It normally blows over anyway lol
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Starting at the beginning of the month I DVR’d All the Christmas movies I could find, including Gremlins. So I got Bing Crosby, George C Scott, Spike, Will Ferrell, Ralphie, cousin Eddie,…
Ha we did that too. I like elf, home alone 1,2, Christmas vacation, how the grinch stole Christmas, and Christmas with the kranks. Bing is good in white Christmas too. Not really a fan of a Christmas story.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Blow over? Lol no it's not. They aren't suspended, they are banned. That's a huge blow to console players who already get shafted in mods due to limitations. Like I said, disagree with me I don't care. Tons of players even on PC are fuming over this act from them.
Well if you remember when jhhg got banned there was a massive outcry and people blamed giants and custom modding. It calmed down after like a week and jhhg has been unbanned and seems everyones forgotten about that.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think there's fault in both the parties. The modders for knowing that might be stolen content, but also Giants because they gave no warning and had admitted mods previously that had 3D tracks. Then out of nowhere they end up banning some modders because they now realize that. I feel like there needs to be a bit more communication between Giants and modders in this community, especially with cases like this and also where we've seen they don't specify what's wrong with a mod at first. I'm in no way trying to rant, but I think both sides of this have something to take away.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:13 pm I think there's fault in both the parties. The modders for knowing that might be stolen content, but also Giants because they gave no warning and had admitted mods previously that had 3D tracks. Then out of nowhere they end up banning some modders because they now realize that. I feel like there needs to be a bit more communication between Giants and modders in this community, especially with cases like this and also where we've seen they don't specify what's wrong with a mod at first. I'm in no way trying to rant, but I think both sides of this have something to take away.
I like this take. And I agree with it. For the betterment of the game's future and for future installments of the game, this needs to be fixed by both sides. I agree with what Eric21 said in that getting bent out of shape about it won't solve anything. However, I don't understand why Giants chose to handle it in this way. It just seems like common sense and decency were lacking on this...
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Agreed. Custom Modding got a message too that says they cracked a DLC, when as far as I'm aware they have no 3D tracks or anything in relation to DLCs that could be stolen. Makes me wonder if the modders will get the reasoning of the ban explained to them. Saying they cracked a DLC is an explanation, but not one thorough enough, and lacks justification
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Whats strange jhhg modding hasn't mentioned anything