Banning of popular Modders.

eric21

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by eric21 »

lawm wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 pm If Giants has time to block and remove modders on Christmas break why cant they release an official statement to remove all of the speculation on what happened.
There is no speculation
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

11 pages and still nobody has explained why they only use american equipment
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:36 pm 11 pages and still nobody has explained why they only use american equipment
People want to play similar to how farming is done in their area.

The same question could be asked why people want to use european equipment.
lawm

Post by lawm »

eric21 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:34 pm
lawm wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 pm If Giants has time to block and remove modders on Christmas break why cant they release an official statement to remove all of the speculation on what happened.
There is no speculation
spec·u·la·tion

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
Usage :"there has been widespread speculation that Siid modding is permanently banned"
eric21

Post by eric21 »

So? They've been known to steal from each other
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:36 pm 11 pages and still nobody has explained why they only use american equipment
Once again...the attack..🤦 I'll answer your question! I use mostly US mods because I try to fill my fictional farm with what I have in real life! Is that really an issue??! I have some EU stuff..just depends on the map or mood I'm in.

Time to move on and stop fighting about stuff! The modders have been unbanned and things will move on...enjoy the holiday people
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Question to all the ones in this topic who are supporting the banned modders:

If those modders didn't make US style mods would you still be up in arms about it? I seriously doubt it.
When a few Brazilian modders ripped another modders tractor model off and after hacking it about and making it 10x worse uploaded it to Modhub to financially gain from it, where were you all then?

What is worrying to me is your continual condoning of the actions by these modders and your motives seem to be purely "because we want there US style mods still."
How can you possibly reason that is a morally correct attitude.

The fact that GIANTS testing team is inadequate and failed to notice this is a factor, but the reason things don't get tested properly is because the team is nowhere near big enough and is made up of ones who have very little knowledge about the game and virtually no knowledge of modding.

However that still does not condone the actions of these modders.

Even as an amateur 3D modeller I know full well if I am using model parts or textures that belong to me or belong to someone else.
To say they didn't realise is not a valid excuse. Not as experienced as these modders are. They knew full well what they were doing. They just hoped to get away with it.

The fact they didn't get found out until now is not relevant. They committed a crime and got punished for it.

A good modder does not need to steal off others to make good mods.

To say these ones are good modders is insulting to the rest of us modders who don't go stealing other peoples stuff.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

There is a lot of speculation due to Giants not saying much and many modders ripping each other or Giants apart after hearing the equivalent of one sentence.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 pm What is worrying to me is your continual condoning of the actions by these modders and your motives seem to be purely "because we want there US style mods still."
How can you possibly reason that is a morally correct attitude.
Many of us aren't condoning cracking DLC's for modification. My blood boils at the care free cracking/modifying I've seen on the Claas DLC.
What many of us are mad about is that it seems that Giants has perma banned (not suspended temporarily) somewhere around 1/2 dozen modders over allegations of DLC content usage/cracking. We are mad because Giants wiped out essentially every console modder who does US equipment permentally. We aren't mad at them enforcing their rules, just their method of doing it.

As for all the other events you mentioned, most of don't use them so it doesn't effect us.

For "Even as an amateur 3D modeller I know full well if I am using model parts or textures that belong to me or belong to someone else.
To say they didn't realise is not a valid excuse. Not as experienced as these modders are. They knew full well what they were doing. They just hoped to get away with it." They knew full well it wasn't made by them, what the didn't know was that it supposedly came out of a DLC.
The last 3 sentences you posted are only based on accusations, nothing has been proven yet.

Most of us are concerned over the fact Giants responded with the force they did, freezing the modhub accounts, removing download links, a few emails and a video call and this wouldn't have many people boiling mad. But know we get to wait until January for any official response on this fiasco.

I've dealt with an organization before (One of the larger ones) who pulled almost an identical stunt closing our church, open up with the most extreme measure, and then ignore emails and bully us around at the one meeting that occurred, and then be done with us.
To overlay,
Tell us were being closed, ban modders
Ignore us, go on Holiday
Who knows what the outcome will be though.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
garyst

Post by garyst »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 pm Question to all the ones in this topic who are supporting the banned modders:

If those modders didn't make US style mods would you still be up in arms about it?

To be honest no I probably wouldn't care as much. But if it weren't for these modders and their US equipment mods I would of stopped playing this game a very long time ago. I cannot bare the thought of going back to playing this game using all euro style equipment. There is nothing that ruins game immersion and the fun of the game more to me than playing with odd ball looking equipment that doesn't look like anything I will see in real life. I also enjoy some of the Brazilian mods as some of them are very similar to North American spec, so if those modders would be banned for any reason I would be just as upset.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:00 pm They test thousands of mods and the people who test the mods probably are not the same ones who made the tracks for the DLC so how are they going to know they are the same
Forgive me, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but when updates are submitted, does not the change log go with it? Because as I recall, specifically Steenkamp's Quadtrac got the 3d tracks after its initial upload. My point being that when the change log reads something to the effect of "3d tracks added" and they know that's part of an encrypted DLC, would that not raise a red flag and warrant further investigation/research?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:09 pm
Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:51 pm Well the modders have no one but themselves to blame and tbh it is the right decision. Bad enough that they all have mods behind a paywall on patreon but to upload a mod to Giants modhub and receive payment from giants for said mods using stolen parts from locked DLC is just taking the maggot.
I know you are biased beacuse you were a moderator for giants before but please for once can we all look objectively at this situation.
So someone who's been a moderator is biased because his objective opinion is different from yours?
And does this mean you're biased as well, because you haven't been a moderator?
:confusednew:

Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:21 pm That's a ridiculous statement tbh, if someone stole from you would you be happy with them getting a warning?
I know right?!

GIANTS be like: "Yeah you stole from us, but still we'll let your stolen mod on our ModHub and pay you for it as well."
Last edited by iwan073 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ignorance is bliss
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

They’ve been unbanned. Those of us that sent emails to Giants received a reply this morning stating the following:

Hello,

thank you for contacting us with this issue.
we have investigated and reviewed the case once again. We had an internal talk with the responsibles and came to the conclusion, that we've UNBANNED those modders from the ModHub.
However, we have informed them that they still have hurt our terms and conditions for uploading a mod to the ModHub.
They've used official DLC content from GIANTS Software when creating their mod. Normally, that's a reason to completely exclude them from uploading their mods to the ModHub.
Since we at GIANTS Software have a close connection to the community, we hope that things come back together in the end.

Best regards,
Niklas Schumacher
GIANTS Software Support Team

Thank you Giants for actively listening to input from your community. Hope everyone on here has a Merry Christmas and can be at peace.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sad thing is if the shoe was on the other foot no one would care.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Thedebe48 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:41 pm They’ve been unbanned. Those of us that sent emails to Giants received a reply this morning stating the following:

Hello,

thank you for contacting us with this issue.
we have investigated and reviewed the case once again. We had an internal talk with the responsibles and came to the conclusion, that we've UNBANNED those modders from the ModHub.
However, we have informed them that they still have hurt our terms and conditions for uploading a mod to the ModHub.
They've used official DLC content from GIANTS Software when creating their mod. Normally, that's a reason to completely exclude them from uploading their mods to the ModHub.
Since we at GIANTS Software have a close connection to the community, we hope that things come back together in the end.

Best regards,
Niklas Schumacher
GIANTS Software Support Team

Thank you Giants for actively listening to input from your community. Hope everyone on here has a Merry Christmas and can be at peace.
Very good news. Lets hope that in future things like that do not happen again.