Banning of popular Modders.

Guil

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by Guil »

Thedebe48 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:03 pm
Guil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:56 pm Sad that things have gone like this, punishment doesn't stand for wrongdoing because too many people are self entitled
This is a software company that has to provide customer service in order to continue their success.

No justice system is perfect. But that’s life. You’ve made your two comments now about how you think it’s ‘sad’. We heard you. Now let’s drop it.

Merry Christmas, Guil.
Sorry me ol pal, getting forgetful in me auld age. That and lack of sleep combined with food and shtuff.

Happy Christmas to you too friend.
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

So from what I gather is that in the end the modders and gaints have discussed the issue and things have been resolved to their liking. It does seem that there is alot of other stuff kinda rolled into this discussion that was pre-existing. I personally think that since the "OP issue" has been resolved by the people involved we should continue the conversation around those aspects and maybe not assume or speculate too much. As to the other disagreements I would encourage that those parties try their best to squash the beef and enjoy the holiday. With the new year on the horizon it would be great to just reset and let old disagreements go and try to enjoy our hobby/game.

Anyways.... whether you agree with what I'm trying to say or not I want to wish you all a great and safe holiday season.
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
mknudsen

Post by mknudsen »

Wow, such a shame :-(
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

ChiefContractor wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:47 pm Just saw this, I'm an Irish player who has nothing to do with America but I put in my input. I Totally disagree I've read all your posts here and I've seen from experience, they're biased because you work for the company aka GIANTS. Listen, think from a player's point of view, not a staff. You'd start to understand it then and slowly fit in.
For the record: Giants doesn't pay their moderators, which means I don't technically work for them.
Everything I write is my own opinion based on information I've gathered and the basic knowledge I have.
And I can understand why people are upset, that doesn't change the fact Giants wasn't treating these modders unfairly in any way.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:28 pm
But of course people donating to me is exactly the same as modders using illegal cracked DLC parts on there mods.

If your gonna do a personal attack at least make sense, your just making yourself look ridiculous with a post like that. *thumbsup*
Yeah sure, manipulative behavior is on the up and up. Think they call that a con and it’s about as grey as what these modders are accused of, or were accused of, they have all been allowed back on the hub from what I heard. Lastly I considered it personal because I don’t like to question others morals like you have been here and in a few other posts, hard to know that stuff from only what you read on the forums. Anyway, say whatever you have to say about everyone else, or delete as many months of facebook post as you have to look good or make yourself sleep at night👍🏻
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Mwal wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:01 pm
BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:28 pm
But of course people donating to me is exactly the same as modders using illegal cracked DLC parts on there mods.

If your gonna do a personal attack at least make sense, your just making yourself look ridiculous with a post like that. *thumbsup*
Yeah sure, manipulative behavior is on the up and up. Think they call that a con and it’s about as grey as what these modders are accused of, or were accused of, they have all been allowed back on the hub from what I heard. Lastly I considered it personal because I don’t like to question others morals like you have been here and in a few other posts, hard to know that stuff from only what you read on the forums. Anyway, say whatever you have to say about everyone else, or delete as many months of facebook post as you have to look good or make yourself sleep at night👍🏻
Leave Bill alone, he's just like you or me. We all get hyper sometimes we try our best to help. It's his opinion and his input, you cant change him and making comments back doesnt help. Of course it's what he wants so that's fine and if what you want it's fine too. So the simple part is leave him alone
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
TSM

Post by TSM »

so the tos for DLC's means nothing well done Giants these modders also use Patreon which you continue to do nothing about meh
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

TSM wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 am so the tos for DLC's means nothing well done Giants these modders also use Patreon which you continue to do nothing about meh
Patreon doesn't violate any TOS's though. Since all modders mentioned only use it for donations and "insider information" (video, photos, progress reports, etc. No mods.) Only using it as a pay wall for mods is in violation of TOS's. And then "Betas" are the gray area but almost every reputable (including these) modder has abandoned these practices.

Can we get back to bashing the millionth 1,000-1,500kg weight and 3m cultivator that looks identical to the last 999,999?

One lesson for all, no matter your opinion on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9UcgeuYhCo Around the 0:35 mark.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I love me a good Star Wars lesson from Maul. The guy just couldn't die :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:48 am I love me a good Star Wars lesson from Maul. The guy just couldn't die :lol: :lol: :lol:
True true, just like 3m cultivators :lol: :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

I love me some 3m cultivators. 😊😊🦄🦄🦄
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

So did we loose the mods that were removed from mod hub in our mod folders? I can't remember if I had the U.S. quadtrac or not. That would have been the only mod with the 'stolen' tracks on it that I can think of.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

No, no changes to the Modhub affect your mod folder, same reason that we have to go in and manually update mods.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:50 am
TSM wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 am so the tos for DLC's means nothing well done Giants these modders also use Patreon which you continue to do nothing about meh
Patreon doesn't violate any TOS's though. Since all modders mentioned only use it for donations and "insider information" (video, photos, progress reports, etc. No mods.) Only using it as a pay wall for mods is in violation of TOS's. And then "Betas" are the gray area but almost every reputable (including these) modder has abandoned these practices.

Can we get back to bashing the millionth 1,000-1,500kg weight and 3m cultivator that looks identical to the last 999,999?

One lesson for all, no matter your opinion on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9UcgeuYhCo Around the 0:35 mark.
Banks Modding Inc is doing just that showing pictures of wilmar hooded sprayer and john deere 12 row planter that he made himself and then keeping it on patreon as exclusive content for minimum of 20 dollars.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That violates the TOS, and he also said isn’t one of them modders affected by the events this discusses.