A respectful while pointed message to Giants software and FS community.

PS4farmhand

Re: A respectful while pointed message to Giants software and FS community.

Post by PS4farmhand »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:50 pm Let's all calm the hell down...stop fighting over, I don't even know what anymore. The modders have been unbanned and life will move along. Enjoy the holiday people
👍👍
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:39 pm Kind of off-topic, but if you ONLY use American equipment and maps, you're ignorant.

There are so many cool brands from around the world and beautiful locations.

That's like paying for a full racing game with hundreds of cars but only using the one you own in real life.
YEAH *thumbsup*
Playing at PC via Origin
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Lygge wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:12 am
MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:39 pm Kind of off-topic, but if you ONLY use American equipment and maps, you're ignorant.

That's like paying for a full racing game with hundreds of cars but only using the one you own in real life.
YEAH *thumbsup*
Haha what? So I’m supposed to use equipment from other places and farm other locations even though I find them incredibly boring because it will some how culture me or what? I don’t get it, I will say once COVID is over I would highly recommend going to see places in real life because if someone not farming foreign lands makes them “ignorant” I think you have been hiding in the basement alone with your thoughts a bit to long.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Mwal wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:52 am

YEAH *thumbsup*
Haha what? So I’m supposed to use equipment from other places and farm other locations even though I find them incredibly boring because it will some how culture me or what? I don’t get it, I will say once COVID is over I would highly recommend going to see places in real life because if someone not farming foreign lands makes them “ignorant” I think you have been hiding in the basement alone with your thoughts a bit to long.
We all got diffrent "playstyles" and if you just want to play with "US stuffs" thats up to you. Most of us like to farm places that "feels like home" I guess. Even if german maps aint exactlly home for me, its close enough. (Hard to find good Swedish maps). For me, I stick with EU stuffs because its closer to home and familiar, then American equipments. That said, it doesnt make you ignorant, maybe none-versatile. :hi:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

YEAH *thumbsup*
Man... Imagine typing something like this out and then having the nerve to call other people ignorant.

If you want to compare this whole ordeal to a racing game, which is ridiculous I might add, I'll say this: If my car in real life were a Ford Mustang and the car options in the base racing game were from BMW, Volvo and Volkswagen, and the developers only offered options with EU license plates, but some modders came along with realistic versions of a Mustang, a Challenger and a Camaro and a modded map that looked just like US Interstate 94, guess which cars I'm going to spend most of my time driving?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:52 am

YEAH *thumbsup*
Just because you use American mods exclusively doesn't make you ignorant. I primarily play with American equipment on American maps, but that doesn't mean I have something against European or Australian or any other regional agriculture you can think of. Saying that people are ignorant for only playing one certain area is like calling them out for having no appreciation for other parties. If any of the long-time FS players here have a fondness for agriculture (which I would hope so :lol: ), then I doubt they would be against a certain region. Even RL farmers, as American farmers we don't have anything against the guys working in Europe or Australia or South America or any other place. No place is better than the other either because the equipment in each region is specifically designed for the conditions. American equipment is mainly large tractors and wide implements for the huge plains we have, Europe has tight roads and therefore compact equipment, you'll hardly see any duals there.

And so what if a FS player has a preference on which equipment they use? That's what they enjoy using. My point is, just because someone doesn't use equipment from a specific region doesn't mean they have no respect for it
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

What happened?
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Obviously we can not tolerate any illegal activities, which had to result in an immediate ban of the modders using illegaly obtained content. As we are interested in finding a solution that is best for everyone and act with some sense of proportion, we have unbanned these modders after being able to properly assess their reasoning.

As to how people play the game, we think that one of the strongest features of Farming Simulator is that everyone is able to play the game as he likes (and there are hundreds of different ways). So I do think it as "correct" to play the game purely with American style vehicles as it is "correct" to play the game with every single vehicle that comes with the game.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Stegei wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:17 pm As to how people play the game, we think that one of the strongest features of Farming Simulator is that everyone is able to play the game as he likes (and there are hundreds of different ways). So I do think it as "correct" to play the game purely with American style vehicles as it is "correct" to play the game with every single vehicle that comes with the game.
Amen.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Stegei wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:17 pm Obviously we can not tolerate any illegal activities, which had to result in an immediate ban of the modders using illegaly obtained content. As we are interested in finding a solution that is best for everyone and act with some sense of proportion, we have unbanned these modders after being able to properly assess their reasoning.
Nice to see an actual Giants person on here.

As I understand it, the issue was that people 'acquired' 3D tracks that were part of a DLC rather than building their own assets.

Wouldn't a solution to this be to create a pack/MOD that contains some of these 'odd' assets that could be used freely and be incorporated into the MODs that make this game what it is? A bit like the Global Company MOD that provides a backbone for others to hang their MODs off, if Giants did the same their DLC would be protected and the MODs would improve.

On the other hand, when it comes to MOD authors charging for their MODs, go after them with everything you have.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Stegei wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:17 pm Obviously we can not tolerate any illegal activities, which had to result in an immediate ban of the modders using illegaly obtained content. As we are interested in finding a solution that is best for everyone and act with some sense of proportion, we have unbanned these modders after being able to properly assess their reasoning.

As to how people play the game, we think that one of the strong features of Farming Simulator is that everyone is everyone is able to play the game as he likes (and there are hundreds of different ways). So I do think it as "correct" to play the game purely with American style vehicles as it is "correct" to play the game with every single vehicle that comes with the game.
I appreciate this message and appreciate that you all took the time to investigate and come to a resolution.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

GIANTS, can we please get a like button on this forum?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

Wow what an opening for dams. Now that we have had a good flow, I tell what is my dream. Put in their own sectors continents. Usa, UK, Europe and if there are other continents more they too. All players could visit any sectors, a one item at a time. For example i could another time play in all UK maps, other time all American maps.
But i don´t know is it possible about. :gamer:
Playing at PC via Origin
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

My opinion is that's it's a role-playing game in a sense. If I'm playing a German map, (my favorite) then I want to use German, or at least, European equipment. If I'm playing a UK map, I want to use equipment from the UK and so on.

Sometimes we let silly stuff divide us and we forget how fortunate we are that this game exists. This goes double for console players, where simulators are either abhorrent or nonexistent. I've seen some of the "competition" that giants has and I've played a few. They are atrocious really and they don't have any mods at all.

What happened here is that Giants heard what the community was saying and unbanned the modders. That's pretty incredible as some software developers would have just moved on without a word.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:50 pm GIANTS, can we please get a like button on this forum?
I’d never stop getting notifications.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----