Precision Farming DLC

gilroy222

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by gilroy222 »

I think I experience this as well but with fertilizer (,haven't tried slurry yet). There is a spreadsheet floating around that has the default values by soil type that was found in the XML file. It seems as though the values in this XML file are not what actually get applied.

Like you, when I apply pre plant fertilizer, it shoots the value up to the maximum amount for that soil type. Seems broken.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Ekan wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:16 pm Does Variable Spray Usage mod mess things up?
cool avatar :biggrin2:
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
krateros

Post by krateros »

When i am driving across a field of alfalfa or clover with my solid fertilizer turned off i get the sign of kgN/ha right. But when i turn it on it doesn't recognize the crops, only the soil. It says "no crops were detected etc". Anyone else has this issue?
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Anybody know a console work around if the growth is stuck? Mine is stuck since autumn at 83 or 67% depends on the growth state. *censored*.

I play with seasons.
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

You might have activated 2 geos at the same time. This bug usually occurs for that reason on console.
PS5 / FS22
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:35 am You might have activated 2 geos at the same time. This bug usually occurs for that reason on console.
Ok thanks for the answer. Will check 😃
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

krateros wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 pm When i am driving across a field of alfalfa or clover with my solid fertilizer turned off i get the sign of kgN/ha right. But when i turn it on it doesn't recognize the crops, only the soil. It says "no crops were detected etc". Anyone else has this issue?
My understanding is that PF-dlc only has the default game crops listed, extra crop types aren't listed by default, so there is no way to determine the default nitrogen level requirement. Either you need to edit the files for your map to add the extra crops OR wait for the map maker to get around to it... and maybe add their own soil map too!! Though to get a new soil map you have to start a new game save :frown:
dziuch

Post by dziuch »

Oseh wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 pm My understanding is that PF-dlc only has the default game crops listed, extra crop types aren't listed by default, so there is no way to determine the default nitrogen level requirement. Either you need to edit the files for your map to add the extra crops OR wait for the map maker to get around to it... and maybe add their own soil map too!! Though to get a new soil map you have to start a new game save :frown:
Actually, PF has those extra crop types listed in the xml: alfalfa, clover, incarase_grass.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Ok, I haven't yet started using PF because i wanted to get this years harvest in before activating. I use a 3 crop rotation,(corn, soybeans wheat) and I also want to rotate my soil sampling to match. My question is, if the field isnt sampled what happens with fertilization? Does it give a basic level, automatic full level, or do nothing at all?
Playing on PC and PS4
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I had my field fertilized with Seasons, then I added PF when it released and the nitrogen levels reset. So don't apply any fertilizer or lime before adding PF, you'll lose it
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Has anyone figured out how the economy page works yet? I started on felsbrunn on new farmer and harvested the wheat from field start that it starts you off with and page says 6088$ total income from 18067 liters, working out to something like 336$/1k. Looked at the prices menu and added up the average is 709 with 606 being lowest and 816 being highest. Went back to figure out if it the mod is worth me keeping or not.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 am Has anyone figured out how the economy page works yet? I started on felsbrunn on new farmer and harvested the wheat from field start that it starts you off with and page says 6088$ total income from 18067 liters, working out to something like 336$/1k. Looked at the prices menu and added up the average is 709 with 606 being lowest and 816 being highest. Went back to figure out if it the mod is worth me keeping or not.
I believe it factors in your overhead expenses (fuel, seed, fertilizer, lime, etc) to give you a proper profit
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 am Has anyone figured out how the economy page works yet? I started on felsbrunn on new farmer and harvested the wheat from field start that it starts you off with and page says 6088$ total income from 18067 liters, working out to something like 336$/1k. Looked at the prices menu and added up the average is 709 with 606 being lowest and 816 being highest. Went back to figure out if it the mod is worth me keeping or not.
Interesting, I have following various fertilizer lots at filed blocks. Three fertilizing, it is sometimes a little dim. I know it is calculated automatically, but it has big difference.
in real life is useful that fertilized according to the plant. it could be ask, that what crops you want to seed. Then let´s see what is the fields lime and fertilize balance at the field block. After that operation will calculate do we need lime and how much fertilized will be disseminated per hectare.
Of course, different crops may have different requirements for NPK, even trace elements. But maybe not everything is part of the farming game. :gamer:
Playing at PC via Origin
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

If anyone wants to learn more about the Precision Farming DLC, this is a great series to follow along with. And since his numbers are so big, it's easy to tell how much each factor will make a difference in a field. He's also really helpful if you post a comment, and has a discord as well.

Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

ooh I must not have seen his whole series. Will have to go look for Mr Kederk.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs