Potato Farrmmmmm

DMZ Commander

Potato Farrmmmmm

Post by DMZ Commander »

In anticipation of the new DLC, I'm looking for map recommendations to set up a potato farm (from scratch)....kind of having map ADD lately so I'm not sure where to go....definitely none of those backwards driving on the left side of the road maps though *thumbsup*
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Patton_M47

Re: Potato Farrmmmmm

Post by Patton_M47 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:11 am In anticipation of the new DLC, I'm looking for map recommendations to set up a potato farm (from scratch)....kind of having map ADD lately so I'm not sure where to go....definitely none of those backwards driving on the left side of the road maps though *thumbsup*
LOL id say a Russian or Polish map
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Pacific Northwest, almost Idaho.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Was considering some sort of polish map possibly bc of those silly long narrow fields lol

Ohh yeah pacific northwest is a good one
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Can farm or royalton
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 am Can farm
Uhh... Since when are potato's common in Canada and also since when does potato's on a 4x map sound fun? :shock: :search: :hmm: :geeknew:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Can farm is pretty similar to the red River valley where they grow lots of taters all the way up into Manitoba eh. You just need more lifters der bud
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I can't imagine the torture of that many CP workers...
That or Stone Valley 4x or 2x.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:14 am Can farm is pretty similar to the red River valley where they grow lots of taters all the way up into Manitoba eh. You just need more lifters der bud
Or that triple wide harvester going at mach 6
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:14 am Can farm is pretty similar to the red River valley where they grow lots of taters all the way up into Manitoba eh. You just need more lifters der bud
Last edited by Bryan83 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:06 am
Uhh... Since when are potato's common in Canada and also since when does potato's on a 4x map sound fun? :shock: :search: :hmm: :geeknew:
Lots of potatoes grown in southern Alberta, on huge open fields similar to the layout in Canfarm.
Also quite a few potatoes grown in the Atlantic provinces of Canada. They are the main crop for the entire (although small) province of Prince Edward Island.

To the OP, I would still recommend any British map - to me the English country side has a real vibe of smaller-scale potato farming. I have a potato farm going on Marwell Manor. Since you don't like driving on the left I'd suggest turning traffic off :lol:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I guess I forgot Saskatchewan is a continuation of the plains and that Alberta is above the corn belt... sigh. So I stand corrected.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:15 am
Lots of potatoes grown in southern Alberta, on huge open fields similar to the layout in Canfarm.
Also quite a few potatoes grown in the Atlantic provinces of Canada. They are the main crop for the entire (although small) province of Prince Edward Island.

To the OP, I would still recommend any British map - to me the English country side has a real vibe of smaller-scale potato farming. I have a potato farm going on Marwell Manor. Since you don't like driving on the left I'd suggest turning traffic off :lol:

Yeah I can't operate on a map effectively if traffic doesn't drive on the right/correct side of the road :lol:
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:15 am

+1 for that ... also West Newton is a perfect potato farm map (you just have to plough the 90% of fields from dairy grazing into arable).

Edit to add ... every potato farm will need a special mod not included in the upcoming potato DLC - a local high school with ready supply of 16-18 year olds looking for school vacation work picking spuds in the fields.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'd give a mention to Snetterton's Farm by Stevie. Lots of nice fields of different sizes you could use for Potato harvesting. Plus map has support for placeable areas where you could install factories/productions that use those potatoes. The map also supports washing potatoes and steaming potatoes, so again options for players to earn more money from their harvested potatoes by giving them a bit more treatment once off the field before selling them for a higher premium.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*