Chellington Valley

Mooro

Re: Chellington Valley

Post by Mooro »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 am First of to clear up a few misunderstandings some people have mentioned.

Real life brands on a PC mod are not in violation of any brand licensing as the laws on PC are different to those on Console. In Fs17 many PC maps on the Modhub including my own have real life brands on them and this was no issue for GIANTS. Many Fs19 maps on Modhub also have RL brands.

The reason Oxygendavid felt annoyed was this was the very first test report he had received back from GIANTS on the console version, and the message was if you submit it a 2nd time and have a single issue (not even brand related) we will no longer test your maps.
Now this is incredibly harsh, considering before they have said they will test a mod 3 times before giving up, in lots of modders cases they test even more times than that. So why now it's 1 flaw and thats it your out is ridiculous.
Given the fact that GIANTS testers can't even iron out bugs with any of there paid DLCs yet expect perfection from people doing it as an unpaid hobby.

David sent a message back asking why he was not being given more than 1 chance. Myself and many have seen that message including a GIANTS representative and it was not deemed abusive in any way. The reply to that message was the tester had deleted Chellington Valley for PC off the Modhub and told David this was because he had sent an abusive message and all of sudden that he was using objects on his map that someone else was claiming he had no permission to use.

When David asked what the object was he had no reply.
At first even the GIANTS representative who stepped in to help David couldn't get a response other than some vague comments from the tester.
Eventually through the GIANTS rep David was told the object in question. What is ironic about that object is it has been used on many Modhub maps for over a year. So why all of a sudden David can't use it just seems odd.

To date the GIANTS tester has still not replied to David at all.

Quite honestly if a company had a customer service employee dealing with other people in that manner they would risk losing there job for being so unprofessional.

In the end the excuse given for the actions of the tester was he is overworked.
From reading the above, it sounds like someone at Giants has a bit of an inferiority complex with Oxy? Giants perhaps need to recognise this communication breakdown and step in for the benefit of all parties. As others have alluded to here, it's modders like Oxy that actually make the game what it is and as a paying customer I am not convinced I will be all that interested in the game with just base maps.
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

I let the map removed by Giants. Oxygendavid used the hot air balloons which were specially made for my first map Minibrunn. Perhaps he wasnt aware of that and therefore didnt asked for permission. Its the same with the recently released map "Wartburgkreis", its also removed from modhub. So this is nothing to blame Giants for. Its all about communication. He can contact me via the forum and things can get solved personally.
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 am the excuse given for the actions of the tester was he is overworked.
Would probably help GIANTS to get either a dedicated ModHub Tester or just another tester in general.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Oxygendavid got the permission to use the hot air balloons. The map should be online again soon.
Last edited by TopAce888 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meine LS22-Mods

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

TopAce888 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 pm Oxygendavid got the permission to use the hot air balloons. The map should be online soon.
*thumbsup*
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

He wasnt aware, that these balloons were special made for my maps. Nothing big and everything is fine now.
Meine LS22-Mods

Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks for the explanation TopAce888
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Excellent TopAce and hats off to you for Minibrunn , you were the first on console to add paintable bushes and for me that is a big thing considering I have a YouTube channel all about FS19 landscaping using paintable bushes a lot , they are excellent for hiding my not so tidy looking gateways to fields are great for boundaries 👍👍
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Thanks to TopAce communication hopefully things can be resolved.
At present though the GIANTS QA test team have still not replied to Oxygendavid, despite TopAce contacting them.

Hopefully we will hear something at some point later this week.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Glad we got a lot more communication on that. Hopefully the dilemma can be resolved *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

It's hard to know for sure what someone's motives are or if they have there own agenda.

It could well be the tester was having a bad day and took it out on any modder that happened to cross his path.
Then again when the same treatment keeps happening to some and not to others that adds weight to the argument that the testers are not impartial but are biased towards some over others.

With all the modders who I've spoken with myself and my own experience you have the issue with not enough QA testers for Modhub which leads to not enough time being allowed to test a mod properly, also they do not fully understand the game let alone the Modding community, add to that poor communication and it just compounds the issue.

GIANTS aren't going to want to pay lots of money out on hiring experienced capable testers as they would rather put the resources into other things.

For myself I feel like the testers are too detached from everything there is no way for them to work with modders and vice versa.

When I first uploaded to the Modhub in Fs17 the individuals then were far more capable and had a vested interest in helping modders get there mods onto the Modhub and out for console. The communication was 10x better and there was far more patience.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I still think that Giants should have reached out to the team at YesMods to help with the MOD testing (assuming they'd be interested). I'm not sure what the cost would have been to hire their services to help lessen the pressure on the in house team. In house could have concentrated on the compliance side of things and they could have farmed out the checking that it actually does what it says.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

There was only one person (and the last few mod tests were done by someone else I believe) behind YesMods.com and that site has been un-updated since August 16th, 2020 so the testing process would be even more abysmally slow/broken.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

TopAce888 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:26 pm
I don't usually do this and I'm sure I'll sound really stupid, but you made the best map I ever played so thank you.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Thank you! I've heard that more than once and the only stupid thing is, I really cant believe it. :lol:
Meine LS22-Mods