Anhydrous fertilizer and Precision Farming together? Is it possibel?

BarrelPlug

Anhydrous fertilizer and Precision Farming together? Is it possibel?

Post by BarrelPlug »

Hi and Moin!

I am very interested in the anhydrous technology and have also played around with the corresponding mods.

But with the combination of precision farming and anhydrous fertilizing I have a problem:

If I fertilize BEFORE sowing, with Anhydrous, it fertilizes too little because Precision Farming makes the fertilizer amount dependent on the sown plant, which is then not yet on the field.

If I fertilize AFTER sowing with anhydrous, I destroy my fresh seed with the way anhydrous works (working fertilizer into the soil).

How did you or how would you solve the problem if you want to use anhydrous fertilization together with precision farming?
FS19-Rookie / since 04-2020 played on PS4 console / since 11-2020 now played on PC
quintto

Re: Anhydrous fertilizer and Precision Farming together? Is it possibel?

Post by quintto »

well you can also set the application rate manually, so if you want to seed Corn for instance you would need to look up how mucht Nitrogen you need per hectare for corn on the given soil typ and apply that to the soil. just like a farmer in real life would do
BarrelPlug

Post by BarrelPlug »

Yes, I see. Simple, actually. But where do I get the data how much I have to fertilize for corn for example on this soil?

Sorry if I ask stupid, I'm still new to the game and still learning :-D
FS19-Rookie / since 04-2020 played on PS4 console / since 11-2020 now played on PC
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

In real life anhydrous is cultivated in before planting, primarily in the fall, atleast where I'm from in Minnesota.
Hope this helps.
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
quintto

Post by quintto »

BarrelPlug wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 am Yes, I see. Simple, actually. But where do I get the data how much I have to fertilize for corn for example on this soil?

Sorry if I ask stupid, I'm still new to the game and still learning :-D
there is this spreadsheet create by someone on this forum with all the data you need: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
hope this will help you
BarrelPlug

Post by BarrelPlug »

Whoohohooo yes that helps me a lot. Thank you very much for your answers.
Sure when I think about it it makes more sense to cultivate in the fall and fertilize at the same time for the next year. The idea didn't even occur to me because I was so focused on fertilizing before seeding that I disregarded the obvious. -facepalm-

Let's see how Seasons and Precision Farming react to this, but it should work the same way.

And thanks for the link to the document and of course thanks to the author. That helps me very much as a small handy overview. Worth gold. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

JS mapping added anhydrous to their Flint Hills map that works with precision farming
BarrelPlug

Post by BarrelPlug »

Yes, i saw this. But I'm stuck on County Line Seasons 2.0 at this time. Here is also an anhydrous point and it works with the anhydrous mods like a charm. Just for the Info for anyone who search for an "anhydous map".
Ah, and Midtown USA was also anhydrous ready. ;-)

Maybe there should be an icon or similar like "MaizePlus ready" or "Seasons ready", a "Anhydrous ready"
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:31 pm JS mapping added anhydrous to their Flint Hills map that works with precision farming
*Works with a modified version of Precision Farming
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

As mentioned before anhydrous is put on with a cultivator in season if it's used. Not very common in my area. Most use it at it's appropriate rate in late fall or early spring.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

44mfarmall wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 am In real life anhydrous is cultivated in before planting, primarily in the fall, atleast where I'm from in Minnesota.
Hope this helps.
You can also sidedress gas into standing corn also. There is a tool in game for this also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaYh1VQ5eT4
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:09 pm
44mfarmall wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 am In real life anhydrous is cultivated in before planting, primarily in the fall, atleast where I'm from in Minnesota.
Hope this helps.
You can also sidedress gas into standing corn also. There is a tool in game for this also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaYh1VQ5eT4
Thanks, i forgot about the side dresser,my brain was tired when i made this post.
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
Matt246

Post by Matt246 »

I would like to see a larger radius for the soil probe for xbox 1 let’s be honest here it doesn’t work great for larger maps with large fields it’s way too time consuming. I wish an update would happen to fix that or make an option for it at least. Maybe in fs2021 they can have the different kinds of fertilizer applications such as anhydrous ammonia, side dressing, and potash they need to dive deeper into the whole precision farming like seed rates make it more user friendly in the spraying rates for fertilizer and for Americans make it an option for bushels instead of liters and actually acres not HA’s for consols
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Idk what this is or the official download link...but I found this randomly doing a bored scroll through the interwebs....

http://www.fs19mods.com/dlc-precision-f ... 0-0-0-mod/
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.