GRIMME Equipment Pack coming January 26th!

this_is_gav

Re: GRIMME Equipment Pack coming January 26th!

Post by this_is_gav »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:56 pm ^^^^^
What I find funny as an outsider to real farming, is you have a 12 row beet harvester, but all the potato equipment is very narrow, yet both machines do almost the same task. That is, they both have to literally dig the crop out of the ground. The only thing I can think of would be that maybe the potato harvester has to dig deeper, and therefore more of the available horsepower has to be translated in depth over width?
I've no experience of sugarbeet, but potatoes can vary massively in terms of season, so the vast majority of farmers will err towards buying machinery which is better suited to a variety of conditions (wet and sticky conditions through dry and light).

Obviously the heavier the soil, the harder it is to lift them, though I don't think its about power as such, more about using equipment and settings which lead to having more chance of an acceptable quality of the end product.

It wasn't that long ago (~25 years) that the better potato farms were checking and harvesting by hand. Thus far machinery still hasn't been able to catch up in terms of absolute quality.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That and the methods are different, beets are “lifted” out by wheels while taters are dug out.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

And isn't potatoes more fragile than beets?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That to, potatoes bruise and are eaten directly, while beets are processed into sugar and handled much rougher.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

I now do a potato harvest in real life. As a kid (45 years ago), i used to help my mother pick/harvest potatoes by hand. Each worker had about 30 yard cants , and the tractor used an implement called a spinner , which basically thrashed the spuds sideways out the rows(beds).. We used trugs to collect and place in to 56lb bags which were on a set of scales. Then wire tied and placed on a pallet of 40 bags (1 ton)
If we were not bagging them they were collected loose and stored in a barn covered in straw and graded through the winter.

Hate to think how much bruising was done then.
Now we have mechanical harvesters which place potatoes in a trailer via conveyor with minimal dropping to stop bruising. Then put over a grader and into 1 ton boxes via boxers that raise and lower via sensors to stop then dropping any distance.

Looking forward to this dlc hugely.
Romanko1974

Post by Romanko1974 »

Dobrý večer alebo už ráno chcel by som sa spýtať ohľadom stiahnutia na steamu mám season pass musím si kúpiť zvlášť DLC Grimme? alebo bude niekde k stiahnutiu zdarma teda gratis? Ďakujem za skorú odpoved.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Romanko1974 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:53 am Dobrý večer alebo už ráno chcel by som sa spýtať ohľadom stiahnutia na steamu mám season pass musím si kúpiť zvlášť DLC Grimme? alebo bude niekde k stiahnutiu zdarma teda gratis? Ďakujem za skorú odpoved.
English?
Romanko1974

Post by Romanko1974 »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:06 am
Romanko1974 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:53 am Dobrý večer alebo už ráno chcel by som sa spýtať ohľadom stiahnutia na steamu mám season pass musím si kúpiť zvlášť DLC Grimme? alebo bude niekde k stiahnutiu zdarma teda gratis? Ďakujem za skorú odpoved.
English?
Good evening or already in the morning I wanted to ask about the withdrawal on the stea I have a season pass do I have to buy a separate DLC Grimm? or will there be a free download somewhere for free? Thank you for your early reply.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Seasons pass covers this DLC.
Romanko1974

Post by Romanko1974 »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:32 am Seasons pass covers this DLC.
Thank you very much
Kc-Trouble

Post by Kc-Trouble »

Has anyone checked out the T4-40 root harvester triple wide headers?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Is anyone able to download the DLC on consoles? I still can't see it in the PS store and that usually doesn't happen to me. I always got the previous DLCs on schedule. But considering the fact that Giants didn't publish a schedule this time may be it will popup at a random time.
PS5 / FS22
Sigh_man

Post by Sigh_man »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:57 pm Probably a hit and run poster
Or actually someone who is passionate about the program, its future growth/development and has read in detail the DLC and then done research looking at the real world machines, quoting specifications off of Grimme's own website of their machines. OK my original comment of "width/capacity" may have been slightly misleading - I was referring to narrow planters AND low capacity harvesters. So stop trying to be defensive OR making accusations of "post and run" may be enter a debate using facts?
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:00 am Is anyone able to download the DLC on consoles? I still can't see it in the PS store and that usually doesn't happen to me. I always got the previous DLCs on schedule. But considering the fact that Giants didn't publish a schedule this time may be it will popup at a random time.
It’s live now
Ignorance is bliss
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Will it be available on Steam? Or should I just buy it from Farming Simulator page?
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi: