Early mod previews

eric21

Early mod previews

Post by eric21 »

Do you think youtuber's should not post early previews on certain mods? Because there's people think that its out or assume that its out. Wouldnt that atop people asking modders that I've seen it or heard the news from this source.
Last edited by eric21 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
blue_painted

Re: Early mod reviews

Post by blue_painted »

I know what you mean, but I don't think the Youtubers would go along with it, because they want to drive views and interactions on their channel, and I suppose the modders like to get the feedback and popularity.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
gmoody79

Re: Early mod reviews

Post by gmoody79 »

I see it both ways. Yes if YouTubers preview the mod, then people think its out and ask where can they find it. But if its not previewed, maybe there won't be as much hype for said mod. What drives me nuts is when people watch a video and the YouTuber says no one know when a mod is to be released and then 30 people ask if its out or when is it coming out. Or if they see a mod on Facebook and badger the modder when "x" mod is coming out, when the picture they saw was still in the modeling phase.
DMZ Commander

Re: Early mod previews

Post by DMZ Commander »

Every preview of a mod that I've watched on YouTube has always stated that it's a preview and that the mod is not yet completed. If that confuses someone making them think the mod is out then uhh yeah
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah, it clearly states early preview or not out yet. It is the people that struggle to read that assume it is out and if they do it is their own fault.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I would tend to think if it’s more trouble for the modder than it’s worth they would just stop giving said you tubers early access because I don’t think the people asking release? or console? or my personal favorite council? Are going away anytime soon.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah, or be like 82 and mrg and YouTube themselves building something. In mrg's steam it says building Cortland 4x map and right away people were asking is this coming to console and where can I find this map or is this out yet? Like, watch he is building it right now it didn't have like anything on it yet and it says 4x in the title.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

People that don't understand "Early Preview" or "Not out yet" are the same people who cause the warning "Do not eat" on battery packaging.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:03 pm People that don't understand "Early Preview" or "Not out yet" are the same people who cause the warning "Do not eat" on battery packaging.
Or the commercial where they are driving on the moon and they jump into a crater and a message comes up and says do not attempt haha
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Or the guys asking repeatedly on DJ’s news videos about updates on stuff when he says that if it’s not covered there’s no updates.
Or the guys who need warnings to not use loader buckets for bales...
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

OR the 85% of Americans who think that chocolate milk comes from brown cows... :confusednew: :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:21 pm OR the 85% of Americans who think that chocolate milk comes from brown cows... :confusednew: :lol:
Wait....it doesn't?!
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Illinois Farmer

How have I been getting chocolate milk all these years? Can I go out and eat the field corn?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

On a series note though I expect many of those were joke responses, I mean who wouldn’t put that to be funny?
I forget the “statistic” of the population that believes that the US government is controlled by giant lizards... that or they misinterpreted the question and thought that was describing politicians...
Technically chocolate milk does come from brown cows though. Just it can also come from other colors so technically correct.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

I have had many city people ask if they could go eat the corn out in the field. I say sure, but it is pretty starchy.