Oxygendavid

Jimbob0704

Re: Oxygendavid

Post by Jimbob0704 »

It looks to me like Giants are hoping the longer they stay silent the more likely it'll all blow over but it seems to be having the opposite effect , I'm wondering if the testers when they see one of Oxys maps coming in for testing are filled with dread knowing the amount of testing required would be huge compared to other maps, all these extra amazing features he adds would require a lot of time to test and maybe now with the game being old they think it isn't worth the hassle as they wouldn't really get anything from it, every time he brings out a new map he pushes the boundaries even further which for us console players is exciting but must be a nightmare for testers, but giants need to start thinking about when they bring out their next Farm sim they'll need guys like Oxy to show what their game is capable of, take away mods like seasons and mod maps and I think most of us would still be playing FS17, they might end up with a bigger problem with people not playing their new FS and sticking with FS19 as even now there are still quite a few who still play FS17 only
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

It would be a shame if he does decide to stop a big loss to us
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Wolf Farming wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:46 pm [snip]
I honestly don’t think we will hear anything from giants as the issue is between the modder and giants not the community so it’s nothing to do with us and constantly demanding information and criticism of giants is only going to result in forum bans I think we have had our answer there’s nothing to resolve both parties have made there decisions clear as far as there concerned and the matter is closed that’s my opinion so no hate
I'm not sure if I've read this comment from Wolf Farming correctly, but if so then it's a point of view I hadn't considered: that GIANTS do not believe there is any issue to be resolved, and so they have nothing to say to Oxygen David, or indeed to the community. If that is the case -- and I am only theorising here -- then I would have to say that GIANTS are mistaken, as the multiple comments and threads on this forum demonstrate, and I believe it is worse in the wider world of social media.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

There sure is a lot of “hear say” on this whole thing. I stopped speculating last week. I’ve taken the stance of, “If it comes out on the modhub, then I’ll use it.” I’ll let the parties involved figure it out for themselves. This coming from someone who thinks Oxy’s Marwell Map is fantastic.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

I totally agree and that’s the point I was making in my earlier post if it comes out great but it’s upto the parties involved to decide where to go next but it looks like as far as both parties are concerned there not going to resolve it so they’ve going to go the separate ways or at least for now in time things will heal and maybe We may might see oxy back on modhub but let’s wait an see
Pc only
wombles

Post by wombles »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:36 pm There sure is a lot of “hear say” on this whole thing. I stopped speculating last week. I’ve taken the stance of, “If it comes out on the modhub, then I’ll use it.” I’ll let the parties involved figure it out for themselves. This coming from someone who thinks Oxy’s Marwell Map is fantastic.
Your right Chedly there is a lot of hear say, and to be honest Giants silence is deafening, and gives weight to what we know. That someone got uppity and we have for the time being lost one of the best UK/Irish modders out there.

Giants needs to put an end too this, either sort it out with Oxy, or come clean and put an end to it.

Loosing a modder has ever thing to do with this community, because the game depends heavily on them, never mind loosing one with Oxy's calibre.

Oh i forgot to mention, Chris is only out there putting the loaf on the table like the rest of us. Nobody should be taking it out on him, he probably has to toe the line.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Sup everyone, as noted several times in this thread, we tend to keep discussions with modders as something between us and the modder as past interactions have shown that this is a better way for everyone involved.

Speaking of discussions with modders, those are still ongoing in this particular case.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My two cents:

- Giants views modders as important, but individual modders are probably not as important because Giants thinks that for every modder that leaves, another one will replace them. This is the typical mentality of companies as they get bigger in that individuals don't matter because they can be replaced. Giants may even have a slight negative view of the best modders because they cut directly into Giants DLC (see 9RX on PC).

- Giants seems to have had a much larger issue with maintaining quality with FS19 than FS17. The FS19 was bug ridden and took a while to fix. There are still issues in the game that have not and will never be addressed. If the core game has issue, I have no confidence that the mod QA team is going to do any better and that has proven out.

- Giants seems to think their future for promoting the game is in the laughable Farm Sim league which is one of the most boring things I have ever watched on Twitch. All that money would probably have been better spent investing in the QA team and DLC features the community actually wants and selling it for a reasonable price.

- I suspect Giants has really moved on from FS19 to whatever their next iteration of the game is. They are probably using the same resources for FS19 modding as for testing the next game, so mods will fall to the back of the line.
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Chaki wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 pm Sup everyone, as noted several times in this thread, we tend to keep discussions with modders as something between us and the modder as past interactions have shown that this is a better way for everyone involved.

Speaking of discussions with modders, those are still ongoing in this particular case.
Thanks for keeping us informed and I’m glad to hear that both parties are trying to come up with an amicable solution 😃
Pc only
wombles

Post by wombles »

Chaki wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 pm Sup everyone, as noted several times in this thread, we tend to keep discussions with modders as something between us and the modder as past interactions have shown that this is a better way for everyone involved.

That's all we wanted to know Chris, thank you.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Thank you for this, it might have been useful a few days earlier but it's very welcome now.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
USAcummins

Post by USAcummins »

Chaki this isnt just about Oxy, he brought to light to the entire fanbase on what many modders been having struggling with. If it was 1 modder then yea let the 2 parties deal with it. It's much bigger though and Giants just doesnt care they continue to let toxic qc testers act the way they do. Multiple modders from different countries all say the same thing and have the same problem......hard not to chalk it up to Giants being the issue here, wish someone would recognize that cause the game is fun.....all this political stuff ruins it.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Thank you chaki for the information.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

If the two parties are communicating in an adult friendly manor, then that is a positive thing. Good of Chris to post an update on proceedings.

I would hate to miss out on the quality maps that OxyD makes, as majority of maps I've played on 17 &19 have been made by him, BB or AlienJim. But if he wants to go down a different avenue then all I can say is thanks for your great maps and good luck in the future.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

There's a Pulp Fiction quote that would fit this perfectly :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads