Grimme DLC Thoughts

Dairydeere

Re: Grimme DLC Thoughts

Post by Dairydeere »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:39 am My only wish would be for a 3 axle version of this trailer...

https://trinitytrailer.com/sales/new-tr ... glebridge/

That's what I used when I hauled potatoes for Lamb Weston about 5 years ago.
We get live bottom trailers coming to our dairy too, they drop off commodities for feeding cows
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:29 pm
Since you're here, can I bother you with a request? lol
Do you think you could make a no man's land Playlist on your youtube channel? I didn't see one and it would me quickly switch through the videos when I'm listening and playing...

Sry in advance :neutralnew: :lol:
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Vfarms wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:14 am
I can certainly do that. I must admit Playlist creation has not been one of my strong points, since YouTube removed the feature to automatically have playlists created and videos added to them, meaning for me with how I tend to bulk/batch upload videos there is no quick and easy way for me to manually indicate what playlist they should be added to. I'm hoping that maybe someone like Tubebuddy will add this kind of function or feature into their software at some point to pick up where YouTube have dropped the ball on this one.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:06 pm
Thx :hi: I understand..it sounds like a headache
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

For maps with fields small perfect, now search maps with fields small...
Aaf

Post by Aaf »

The Grimme DLC looks good, but I have some issues.

The harvesters look nice and are fast, but the pickup thing i really slow and can't carry a lot.
The ride on belt thing is what I thought I have been looking for, but if the end could be locked in place while the front can move around that would make it a lot better. Furthermore it would have been nice to be able to have it drop straight into a trailer, now it drops it way too low. Same with the conveyor thing, nice to drop from a trailer onto it but again too low to load another trailer with it.
I'm still looking for a conveyorthing that picks from the ground and can drop it in a trailer. But in one unit, so you do not have to awkwardly set up multiple conveyors just to elevate your stuff 5m off the ground.

I also have a question:
Does the DLC and perticularly the belt systems and the palletizer support washed / sorted potatoes?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I dont think Grimme makes them, they got alot of belt systems, have lokl on the website
Ravenblade86

Post by Ravenblade86 »

Aaf wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:13 pm I also have a question:
Does the DLC and perticularly the belt systems and the palletizer support washed / sorted potatoes?
I did a little test to try and get an answer to that myself. Didn't try it with sorted potatoes as the few times I've tried to use the potato sorter mod it's always been far to much hassle.

The PS 511 belt system which is the one you can drive about seems like it will pick up most things, that includes washed potatoes so it will definitely be a useful tool to have.

The Lizard Conveyor Loader and Grimme GBF (palletiser) though unfortunately didn't seem to want to work with washed potatoes, unless I was doing something wrong but I did have it working with standard potatoes so I'm not sure what the issue would have been if there was one. Hopefully we will get a mod or dlc update that will let them work in the future.
Aaf

Post by Aaf »

eric21 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:04 pm I dont think Grimme makes them, they got alot of belt systems, have lokl on the website
Yes of course, stupid of me.
The cleanloader looked nice though on their website. That thing can load straight into a trailer.
And the rider belt thing does have a stationary backside in real life. But I would guess that would be a pain to program in game.
Juls

Post by Juls »

My biggest frustration with the new grimme pack is that there isn’t a option on the SE75-55 to have a standard direct harvest intake (which in real life is included in 99% of machines sold) so we can directly harvest potatoes without first windrowing, additionally the SE harvesters (including the se260) in real life can remove haulm/tops themselves so no need to remove them first.

The windrowers are kinda pointless really, especially if you can’t combine rows to be harvested with the SE260 in between unharvested rows. https://youtu.be/pUDbpwNUn6w

The GH-4 has been completely stuffed up with its 2.5m working width, given its 4 row machine and rows are 75cm wide = 3m... even crazier when the GH-2 is 1.5m and GH-8 is 6m.....

The capacity’s of the 2 planters are mismatched and don’t realistically match the machines in real life.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Juls wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:31 pm My biggest frustration with the new grimme pack is that there isn’t a option on the SE75-55 to have a standard direct harvest intake (which in real life is included in 99% of machines sold) so we can directly harvest potatoes without first windrowing, additionally the SE harvesters (including the se260) in real life can remove haulm/tops themselves so no need to remove them first.

The windrowers are kinda pointless really, especially if you can’t combine rows to be harvested with the SE260 in between unharvested rows. https://youtu.be/pUDbpwNUn6w

The GH-4 has been completely stuffed up with its 2.5m working width, given its 4 row machine and rows are 75cm wide = 3m... even crazier when the GH-2 is 1.5m and GH-8 is 6m.....

The capacity’s of the 2 planters are mismatched and don’t realistically match the machines in real life.
In Fs17 were running our Grimme GT 170 harvesters with the ability to remove tops, windrow into the next two rows, they can also harvest both the crop and the windrowed material at the same time so this is very possible in Fs19 and does not need any custom scripts. We also adjusted the working width to work properly with the planted rows.

Maybe Peppe didn't know how to do this, or maybe with such a lot of equipment maybe he didn't have time.

We also introduced a script which depending on the amount of harvested and windrowed material the harvester is taking it will slow the working speed down accordingly.

I find it quite satisfying running 2 or more harvesters in a field, and if there aren't enough carters the harvester in front can windrow for the other harvester that does have a carter.

A very enjoyable co-op job, especially on multiplayer.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:23 pm
Juls wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:31 pm My biggest frustration with the new grimme pack is that there isn’t a option on the SE75-55 to have a standard direct harvest intake (which in real life is included in 99% of machines sold) so we can directly harvest potatoes without first windrowing, additionally the SE harvesters (including the se260) in real life can remove haulm/tops themselves so no need to remove them first.

In Fs17 were running our Grimme GT 170 harvesters with the ability to remove tops, windrow into the next two rows, they can also harvest both the crop and the windrowed material at the same time so this is very possible in Fs19 and does not need any custom scripts. We also adjusted the working width to work properly with the planted rows.

Maybe Peppe didn't know how to do this, or maybe with such a lot of equipment maybe he didn't have time.

We also introduced a script which depending on the amount of harvested and windrowed material the harvester is taking it will slow the working speed down accordingly.

I find it quite satisfying running 2 or more harvesters in a field, and if there aren't enough carters the harvester in front can windrow for the other harvester that does have a carter.

A very enjoyable co-op job, especially on multiplayer.
It works well up until the point Crumble is carting :lol: