Oxygendavid

FarmBoss

Re: Oxygendavid

Post by FarmBoss »

5. Don't expect a Quality Assured, Tested mod/update/patch/DLC/version from the Giants QA/Testing team.
6. It's not their fault.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:14 am ... so you might as well carry on talking about the weather. *thumbsup*
Ooo, yes, I was trying to get here. *thumbsup*

Well, today where I live, it's cloudy. High temperature will be 45 degrees Fahrenheit, then in the evening it will be a low of 28. Chance of rain around 4pm...
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Highs in the upper 20's F here. Sun is out for the first time in a week. In the Winter we go days without seeing the sun. I think we had a 2+ week period around Christmas with no sun. My wife lost both her parents to Covid over that time as well. Her father passed away alone Christmas morning. Her mom died 10 days later.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That’s *censored* Chedly...
I mean that *censored* like a flat tire iFor Williams trailer.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:39 pm Highs in the upper 20's F here. Sun is out for the first time in a week. In the Winter we go days without seeing the sun. I think we had a 2+ week period around Christmas with no sun. My wife lost both her parents to Covid over that time as well. Her father passed away alone Christmas morning. Her mom died 10 days later.
Sending my condolences Chedly to your family.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Guil

Post by Guil »

So sorry to hear that Chedly
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:39 pm Highs in the upper 20's F here. Sun is out for the first time in a week. In the Winter we go days without seeing the sun. I think we had a 2+ week period around Christmas with no sun. My wife lost both her parents to Covid over that time as well. Her father passed away alone Christmas morning. Her mom died 10 days later.
I'm sorry to hear that chedly. Prayers with your family.

This is a prime example of there are more important things in life than worrying who is modding what for a video game. Hug your loved ones closer.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sorry chedly
lawm

Post by lawm »

Wow that's a gut punch Chedly. Sorry to hear that. One of those things I can never seem to find words to Express how bad that makes me feel when someone shares that experience. I hope your wife and family is coping well and can find peace.
VMD100

Post by VMD100 »

I think all we have really learned from this thread is that GIANTS is an unsuccessful EA - they're happy to just milk the customer base with 0 regard for their opinion so long as the money keeps coming in

So if you're happy to pay for the same game again and again with different coloured tractors, soulless maps and a toxic community go ahead - but if you want an actual quality product that doesn't push away the modders that make it actually worth playing and worth coming back to then you're out of luck. The paid entities (whos mods are actually amazing just a shame they don't have the stones to actually call GIANTS out on their BS) will talk down to those speaking sense and their little gang of people who think GIANTS care will pile on - ultimately will just lead to an exodus of modders when a rival game comes out and see the franchise decline even moreso.

I think I'm done here.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

VMD100 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:55 pm I think all we have really learned from this thread is that GIANTS is an unsuccessful EA - they're happy to just milk the customer base with 0 regard for their opinion so long as the money keeps coming in

So if you're happy to pay for the same game again and again with different coloured tractors, soulless maps and a toxic community go ahead - but if you want an actual quality product that doesn't push away the modders that make it actually worth playing and worth coming back to then you're out of luck. The paid entities (whos mods are actually amazing just a shame they don't have the stones to actually call GIANTS out on their BS) will talk down to those speaking sense and their little gang of people who think GIANTS care will pile on - ultimately will just lead to an exodus of modders when a rival game comes out and see the franchise decline even moreso.

I think I'm done here.
Agree.
Hopefully C&C game will improve even more and more modders will start modding for that game, so Giants will have to close their company door in next few years.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Or the next game will come out and giants will add a bunch of the things modders have been adding so the base game will be better, make it easier for current and new modders so no one will care about the ones that quit anymore, the game will be a huge success and put the rest of the competition the tiny little bit out of business those dumpster fires have left in them. Then I will giggle at all you cattle and croppers enjoying playing a game that looks about as much fun as the mobile version of the mobile version.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Or we can just stop harassing GIANST over everything. And they’re FAR better than EA about taking care of their customers and in general ethics.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I'd just love them to fix the damn physics of bales and pallets.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Condolences to you and your family.