Oxygendavid

njuska11

Re: Oxygendavid

Post by njuska11 »

VMD100 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:55 pm I think all we have really learned from this thread is that GIANTS is an unsuccessful EA - they're happy to just milk the customer base with 0 regard for their opinion so long as the money keeps coming in

So if you're happy to pay for the same game again and again with different coloured tractors, soulless maps and a toxic community go ahead - but if you want an actual quality product that doesn't push away the modders that make it actually worth playing and worth coming back to then you're out of luck. The paid entities (whos mods are actually amazing just a shame they don't have the stones to actually call GIANTS out on their BS) will talk down to those speaking sense and their little gang of people who think GIANTS care will pile on - ultimately will just lead to an exodus of modders when a rival game comes out and see the franchise decline even moreso.

I think I'm done here.
Very well said. If giants would adopt euro truck simulator or cities skylines model where instead of releasing same game every 2 years with minimal improvements they actualy stick to one game and improve it as much as possible with real expansions and not reskined dlc vehicle packs this game would be a quality product. Also the modders would not have to convert mods constantly and starting over each 2 years. Anyway i think its funny to see ppl think that giants would add many features that modders have been providing in the next game i dont think they will change their buisseness strategy now. They are making some real cash now going to selfpublish they have alot of sponsors they are the big boys now and big boys in gaming industry do not care about customers since they are going to sell alot of copies regardless of the product quality
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

“Re-skinned” can we please just stop with any of this, please go make a T7 into a 7R and get back to me.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:29 pm “Re-skinned” can we please just stop with any of this, please go make a T7 into a 7R and get back to me.
I'd rather the 7R was made into a T7 ... :D

... but here's an idea: all the people who dislike GIANTS, who dislike Farming Simulator ... why not play something else? Something you do like? If you prefer FS17 to FS19, play that instead. Some people already do. Or, failing that, why not go off and create your own farming simulator game, that way you can REALLY hurt GIANTS sales by out-performing and out-competing them on PC, Mac and consoles.

(and breathe)

I'd agree that GIANTS isn't a perfect company, with perfect communication, but then name me one that is.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wombles

Post by wombles »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:39 pm Highs in the upper 20's F here. Sun is out for the first time in a week. In the Winter we go days without seeing the sun. I think we had a 2+ week period around Christmas with no sun. My wife lost both her parents to Covid over that time as well. Her father passed away alone Christmas morning. Her mom died 10 days later.
My condolences too you and your wife Chedley, bad enough too loose one parent, then too loose the other in such a short time frame.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

The only thing I never understood about GIANTS is why they choose American maps that are based in crazy (imo) locations. Some of the biggest farming states aren't represented. The US is the largest corn producer in the world, with 96,000,000 acres of land reserved for corn production. The majority of that corn is grown in Iowa and Illinois.

The US is also the 3rd largest producer of wheat in the world. Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, and Colorado are where the majority of that is grown.

It would be nice to have a map based in one of those places on console, as they are vastly under represented.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
wombles

Post by wombles »

theSeb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:54 pm I am not a giants employee.
Yep this is true, he's the CEO :lol: :lol: :lol:.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mwal wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:09 pm Or the next game will come out and giants will add a bunch of the things modders have been adding so the base game will be better, make it easier for current and new modders so no one will care about the ones that quit anymore, the game will be a huge success and put the rest of the competition the tiny little bit out of business those dumpster fires have left in them. Then I will giggle at all you cattle and croppers enjoying playing a game that looks about as much fun as the mobile version of the mobile version.
It's more likely that version twenty-whatever will be released, untested and buggy/broken as usual. People will Bratwurst and complain about patches. People will complain that there are no mods. Everything will be partially completed, and there will be minimal changes.
If it's not the usual copy/paste, rinse repeat, I'll be happily shocked. *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:20 pm Or we can just stop harassing GIANST over everything. And they’re FAR better than EA about taking care of their customers and in general ethics.
There are so many incomplete gameplay functions that it's mind blowing. That is as EA as it gets.
wombles

Post by wombles »

gordon861 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:21 pm I'd just love them to fix the damn physics of bales and pallets.
Now that would be good.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

wombles wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:57 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:39 pm Highs in the upper 20's F here. Sun is out for the first time in a week. In the Winter we go days without seeing the sun. I think we had a 2+ week period around Christmas with no sun. My wife lost both her parents to Covid over that time as well. Her father passed away alone Christmas morning. Her mom died 10 days later.
My condolences too you and your wife Chedley, bad enough too loose one parent, then too loose the other in such a short time frame.
Thank You
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:09 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:20 pm Or we can just stop harassing GIANST over everything. And they’re FAR better than EA about taking care of their customers and in general ethics.
There are so many incomplete gameplay functions that it's mind blowing. That is as EA as it gets.
Does GIANTS intentionally give video games a bad rep for the entire industry to attempt to sell games?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Comparisons with other games studios not withstanding it seems like Giants need to employ an HR department thats sole duty to deal with the modding community so everyone is kept happy and on board.
Didn't Giants used to have a community manager who posted here quite regularly addressing various issues?

Its tempting to say all this recent stuff can be excused on the grounds that everyone has been having a tough old time of it lately so tempers are short and staff are under undue pressure but its pretty clear there's been similar problems to this that predate the current pandemic situation. I guess Giants need to really consider what they want from the modding community and how do they regard it? Do they see modders as a partner that they rely on that needs to be kept on board and managed properly or are they a bit of hinderance that causes them grief and that needs to be kept in check?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:33 pm
Does GIANTS intentionally give video games a bad rep for the entire industry to attempt to sell games?
Sorry, I misinterpreted EA as "Early Access", rather than the game studio Electronic Arts.
wombles

Post by wombles »

I agree Mobias. Though i do think they need to get some QA tester's, so they can process the mods correctly. It's no use having secretary's running the mods through a program to check for spelling mistakes, one mistake at a time. Go figure how that is productive.
wombles

Post by wombles »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:34 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:33 pm

Sorry, I misinterpreted EA as "Early Access", rather than the game studio Electronic Arts.
Funny that was mentioned i can remember a rumour of Chaki (Chris) infiltrating Ubisoft, just before the release of GRB. Look how that turned out. :lol: