Dear Giants, I want to feed my cows

Aggie24

Re: Dear Giants, I want to feed my cows

Post by Aggie24 »

I have fed cattle in feedlots and our ration didn’t include silage at all. A way to steam corn or just to mix corn and alfalfa for feed would be awesome. I’m not a huge fan of chopping corn for silage and a way to feed cattle without it would be great.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I would love for them to add a feed mill or grinder/mixers applies to Cattle, hogs and chicken. Mixing wagons were a step in right direction and it's gotten better.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

dapals51 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:09 pm I would love for them to add a feed mill or grinder/mixers applies to Cattle, hogs and chicken. Mixing wagons were a step in right direction and it's gotten better.
For sure, a New Holland grinder would be awesome to use in game, if we were given the ability to grind corn for feed. I would say Gehl as well, but there is no licensing yet for them.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Aggie24

Post by Aggie24 »

A tub grinder would really be neat.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

There’s a Hay Buster on PC but it doesn’t do anything other than unbale straw/hay.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:24 pm
dapals51 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:09 pm I would love for them to add a feed mill or grinder/mixers applies to Cattle, hogs and chicken. Mixing wagons were a step in right direction and it's gotten better.
For sure, a New Holland grinder would be awesome to use in game, if we were given the ability to grind corn for feed. I would say Gehl as well, but there is no licensing yet for them.
They could do a lot with regional feed rations with geographical seasons also,
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Aggie24 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:47 pm I have fed cattle in feedlots and our ration didn’t include silage at all. A way to steam corn or just to mix corn and alfalfa for feed would be awesome. I’m not a huge fan of chopping corn for silage and a way to feed cattle without it would be great.
What was your roughage portion then? Dry hay? Up here in a finishing ration it’s one or the other, but pretty much everyone feeding on a large scale is silage. Hay is usually used on small outfits, sometimes cow calf operations finishing some of their own, and is still a common cow feed. However silage is fed a lot to cows as well.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:06 pm
Aggie24 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:47 pm I have fed cattle in feedlots and our ration didn’t include silage at all. A way to steam corn or just to mix corn and alfalfa for feed would be awesome. I’m not a huge fan of chopping corn for silage and a way to feed cattle without it would be great.
What was your roughage portion then? Dry hay? Up here in a finishing ration it’s one or the other, but pretty much everyone feeding on a large scale is silage. Hay is usually used on small outfits, sometimes cow calf operations finishing some of their own, and is still a common cow feed. However silage is fed a lot to cows as well.
We used to feed cattle, rations would include at anytime silage, earlage/ rolled Corn, soy meal, Corn distillers, hay or cornstalks depending on size, and some liquid additives for minerals
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
wombles

Post by wombles »

I know this is no consolation too console player's, but this thread really has made me appreciate the maize plus mod. If asked earlier would it have been in my top ten mods, i'd have said no. Now it would be in the top five.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think there are so many things still on the maize plus I don't like but that's because it doesn't fit my area but European area which is completely different.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
wombles

Post by wombles »

There's a few things i don't like, but i have it modded mostly too suit. And what i can't mod out, i'm able too ignore.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's good. It is a good mod in the right direction. I like what diniz did too with feeding animals. I need more time to play around with mercer though.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yea, I never liked MaizePlus, but Diniz definitely got me into it with his Mercer Edit. The ration is adjusted more to what we feed on an American farm
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:43 pm There’s a Hay Buster on PC but it doesn’t do anything other than unbale straw/hay.
Some if us on console do that with the tmr mixers. As long as you don't put anything in that makes tmr (like just straw or straw/hay or straw/silage only) it will just spit it out. After just watching a Sonne Farms vid kind of itching for a bale processor, could replace the blowers.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Aggie24

Post by Aggie24 »

We fed rolled corn and chopped dry alfalfa. This was also for steers on feed and not milk cows. I find myself mostly feeding steers in this game when using seasons.