Blanket not removing fully on silage bunker

gridpipefinn

Blanket not removing fully on silage bunker

Post by gridpipefinn »

Hi all. New to FS19 (playing on PS4) Absolutely love the game but i am having an issue. When i go to unblanket the silage, it only comes off a small portion of it and i cannot get another trigger to appear to unblanket the rest. Any ideas?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from 'Off-topic' to 'General Discussion' since it directly related to the game.
DEERE317

Re: Blanket not removing fully on silage bunker

Post by DEERE317 »

gridpipefinn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm Hi all. New to FS19 (playing on PS4) Absolutely love the game but i am having an issue. When i go to unblanket the silage, it only comes off a small portion of it and i cannot get another trigger to appear to unblanket the rest. Any ideas?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from 'Off-topic' to 'General Discussion' since it directly related to the game.
Start hauling it out with a loader or conveyor, as you work towards it it will remove.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
gridpipefinn

Post by gridpipefinn »

Thanks. I should have prefaced my inquiry with i am playing on Eureka farms and was using the modded loading wagon to retrieve the silage. I will try again using a loader.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I imagine that the loading wagon may work. The game attempts to replicate IRL where silo bunkers worked back as a face with as much of the top covered as possible to prevent spoilage.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Around here no one even covers a silage pit, but a lot of people like ourselves use silos still.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:42 pm Around here no one even covers a silage pit, but a lot of people like ourselves use silos still.
Are they mostly steel Harvestores or mostly the old concrete style?
Illinois Farmer

They are the blue harvestores. They are like glass lined steel.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:42 pm Around here no one even covers a silage pit, but a lot of people like ourselves use silos still.
Please bear in mind that everything I know about silage comes from this game! If you don't cover the silage I assume the lower layers will ferment but are you left with unfermented silage on top? Or is "fermenting" silage a game thing? Honestly, I have no idea.
Illinois Farmer

I don't think they cover because they feed it right away. The top layer must likely isn't as fermented as the bottom, but in reality when mixed in with everything it isn't a big deal.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

When I was growing up we had the bunker silo next to the barn and a feeder against the open end of the silo. The corn was covered, as it was opened fed after the first snow hit and the cows could only get what was behind the feeder. We also has a concrete round silo that we put silage in as well. The cows liked the bunker silo silage better than the round silo silage. The chickens liked the round silo silage better. Have you ever heard a drunk rooster?
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.