Console and Giants.

eric21

Re: Console and Giants.

Post by eric21 »

I disagree and especially with lots of young people playing, I don't think they will wait that long. If giants only focused on new gen I don't think they will get many sales aa some people think.

The question should be, is making a new game financially viable on new gen consoles during a crisis?, or is it viable to continue working on old gen consoles were most of the market is?
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Could an option just be add the PC version to the new gen? Surely they can support it now with that hardware?
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

They Caged Non wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:13 pm Could an option just be add the PC version to the new gen? Surely they can support it now with that hardware?
The problem isn't getting the game to run on new gen consoles, that'll be easy. The issue is the fact the game will be being made to run on the old gen consoles so it'll be defined by the limitations of those two older machines. Potentially the game will be just be FS-19 all over again. Potentially it'll be old before its even out.

At the end of the day though only Giants know the direction of the new game. We can only speculate on what we know.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:04 pm Just for the record, GIANTS have posted two polls for this, one on StrawPoll and one in their Youtube community section.

The Youtube one (which has more than twice as many votes than the StrawPoll one) is even more damning for those hoping last gen is left behind for FS2x.

As things stand the StrawPoll one has it at 55% vs 45% in favour of last gen consoles while Youtube has it at a whopping 68% vs 32% again in favour of last gen.
It’ll be a real shame for console gamers if they take this into account, as has already been pointed out - it’s maxed out as it is in the previous gen so in essence it won’t be a new game, which then begs the question - what’s the point? 2/3 years down the road when Giants come to do FS2023 it’ll be massively outdated....
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

They Caged Non wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:13 pm Could an option just be add the PC version to the new gen? Surely they can support it now with that hardware?
The Xbox’s already run Windows 10, but Microsoft and more so Sony disallow in licensed brands (easy to see why, legal litigation is expensive, and both are that way) and I’ve heard in terms of mods/scripts that Sony is the primary party pooper but Xbox does have some to do with it, I believe that both ban scripts (and seeing as the conflicts and crashes they can make it’s easy to see why, most aren’t going to have a clue what a mod conflict is) and I think Sony is the one that makes the 3rd party mod restrictions (why GIANTS has to test all of them)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:41 pm
The Xbox’s already run Windows 10, but Microsoft and more so Sony disallow in licensed brands (easy to see why, legal litigation is expensive, and both are that way) and I’ve heard in terms of mods/scripts that Sony is the primary party pooper but Xbox does have some to do with it, I believe that both ban scripts (and seeing as the conflicts and crashes they can make it’s easy to see why, most aren’t going to have a clue what a mod conflict is) and I think Sony is the one that makes the 3rd party mod restrictions (why GIANTS has to test all of them)
Sorry I meant more the graphics and performance side of things, if they can basically add the PC version with a locked down mod hub that’s still massive progress to what we have now. Watching YouTube videos makes you realise how different the maps look between platforms.

Even MrSealyP on the PS4 looks better than my Xbox I’ve found.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

A slight correction on scripts. Microsoft does allow scripts. Two examples- Skyrim also 3rd party scripts, this is one reason why there are so many mods on Xbox vs PS4. Anything that alters the code isn’t allowed on PS4 vs Xbox where 3rd party scripts are allowed. Game crashes are warned on Xbox and can cause issues (not system breaking). Another one is paradox is in the mod program with Xbox which is a program that allows scripts. It’s mainly Sony that does not allow any scripts on their systems. Now both companies have away to validate the scripts to ensure safety. Could be something GIANTS doesn’t have
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

MrSealyP is now running fs19 on ps5. There is a slight difference in terms of performance vs PS4.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

sittinhere wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:39 pm
A slight correction on scripts. Microsoft does allow scripts. Two examples- Skyrim also 3rd party scripts, this is one reason why there are so many mods on Xbox vs PS4. Anything that alters the code isn’t allowed on PS4 vs Xbox where 3rd party scripts are allowed. Game crashes are warned on Xbox and can cause issues (not system breaking). Another one is paradox is in the mod program with Xbox which is a program that allows scripts. It’s mainly Sony that does not allow any scripts on their systems. Now both companies have away to validate the scripts to ensure safety. Could be something GIANTS doesn’t have
Yes that’s right, I remember hearing that Sony was the big party pooper, but wasn’t sure on what.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

They Caged Non wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:10 pm
Sorry I meant more the graphics and performance side of things, if they can basically add the PC version with a locked down mod hub that’s still massive progress to what we have now. Watching YouTube videos makes you realise how different the maps look between platforms.

Even MrSealyP on the PS4 looks better than my Xbox I’ve found.
And hardware wise a One X matches my PC.
JamP

Post by JamP »

sittinhere wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:39 pm
Surviving Mars on Xbox also has a number of third-party scripts to download. Including one that unlocks all the game's achievements, lol.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Guil

Post by Guil »

Both want testing, both were in favour of restricting scripts, moreso Sony. Neither will allow unlicenced brands
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Which is essentially what I said.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:02 pm I disagree and especially with lots of young people playing, I don't think they will wait that long. If giants only focused on new gen I don't think they will get many sales aa some people think.

The question should be, is making a new game financially viable on new gen consoles during a crisis?, or is it viable to continue working on old gen consoles were most of the market is?
What makes you think most the market is on old gen? Pretty sure people are still clamoring to get a new gen console the prices of people gouging are close to 1000 dollars a unit on a ps5. If you google ps5 the first thing that comes up is a restocking news tracking thing. If you were to release a game for previous gen right now I would have to say your an *$#%§*.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Look at the polls, ps5 is hard to order one these days in the UK and also the current climate. Theres still big games being launched on ps4