Soybean yield problem with Precision Farming

Thedebe48

Re: Soybean yield problem with Precision Farming

Post by Thedebe48 »

I had to start over without using PF. Just got to be too frustrating - especially after all of the time spent on soil testing. I'd rather just play on regular seasons until someone fixes it... which hopefully happens decently soon.
TB9Durkee

Post by TB9Durkee »

Is it possible that the yield isn't 65% of potential for soybeans, but is only 65% of what the field (and it's associated soil type(s)) is capable of producing?

In other words, I'm getting 100% of the soybeans I could possibly get, but only getting 65% (in terms of liters per hectare) of what wheat/barley/oat/canola/etc. would produce given the same conditions (perfect Ph and perfect Nitrogen)?

Considering I planted soybeans after canola, and didn't spend more money on lime or fertilizer, any amount of soybeans were produced with less expense, so my ROI is still high.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

If you buy a field with soybean on it ready to harvest, the yield percentage will always be in the 60% range, but buying a field with any other ready to harvest crop will have a higher yield percentage. Hopefully this will be corrected. I would think if they play tested this DLC, most or all of the issues would have been noticed immediately and fixed before release.
Jambalaya676

Post by Jambalaya676 »

Thank GOD I'm not the only one. I was losing my mind thinking how my fields that I left in fallow for 2 in game years could possibly only yield 65% with perfect pH and nG levels. This is truly very disappointing for me as I love using Precision DLC with Seasons, its honestly the only way I can play the game happily. It has spoiled me rotten, as I try to play as realistically as possible!!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Yesterday i started a savegame with PF as i'd been holding off using it, tonight when i get home PF is getting removed again I'd hoped by now it would have been functioning.
Hyperion_Rail

Post by Hyperion_Rail »

At this point I'm confused. I just started potatoes and same problem. It just feels like some crops are always 125% and others are 50%, and there's no in between no matter if I over fertilize, forget to lime, it all feels arbitrary to the yield amount.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

For canola, on the same land type with the same ph and same prior crops, about 100 kg of nitrogen per hectacre difference in fertilizer, the yield difference is 25% based on the yield map.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

So, I just got told the bug only happens if you planted soybeans BEFORE the update. It should work if you try and plant them after you update a current savegame. Which makes sense with what happened on my Mercer County savegame. Still confused a little, but maybe it's fixed :confusednew:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I planted soybeans after the update an still only getting 65% yield.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:00 pm I planted soybeans after the update an still only getting 65% yield.
Same
Hyperion_Rail

Post by Hyperion_Rail »

TB9Durkee wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 pm Is it possible that the yield isn't 65% of potential for soybeans, but is only 65% of what the field (and it's associated soil type(s)) is capable of producing?

In other words, I'm getting 100% of the soybeans I could possibly get, but only getting 65% (in terms of liters per hectare) of what wheat/barley/oat/canola/etc. would produce given the same conditions (perfect Ph and perfect Nitrogen)?

Considering I planted soybeans after canola, and didn't spend more money on lime or fertilizer, any amount of soybeans were produced with less expense, so my ROI is still high.

I mean I've been harvesting soybeans like mad since day one of playing this game as it's an easy early cash crop and the amounts I'm pulling. I mean I got the 18000L Claa1 harvester running the massive fields and only having to stop to refill twice. Any other crop and it stops 6 to 8 times. I wouldn't mind if they just said THAT was the 125% amount as it is an expensive crop and could use some balancing, but that cursed red field screaming 50% yield just drives me bonkers. Like telling me I'm doing something wrong.

I still like scanning the fields and it's encouraged me to finally work more with digestate and other fertilizers instead of just buying a sprayer as soon as I can and leaving it at that. I just wish I knew if/how/when it works as intended.
Last edited by Hyperion_Rail on Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Just plant something else meanwhile, its not that crucial crop. The obsession with soybeans :confusednew:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

Accept the fact that soy is in an " as is" condition for awhile. Have a pleasant day!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
lawm

Post by lawm »

TB9Durkee wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 pm Is it possible that the yield isn't 65% of potential for soybeans, but is only 65% of what the field (and it's associated soil type(s)) is capable of producing?

Well if the ROI can still be high....
Now we are getting somewhere lol. Thanks for the helpful info. I was getting close to setting up my fields and was still in the fence with this mod, but now I think I will proceed as planned
Morfius

Post by Morfius »

Same with Sugarcane.

I even created a fresh field, put lime on it, planted with fertilizer and had everything on a perfect state across 3 different soil types.

That gave me a 65% yield across all 3 soil types.

(No Seasons or other stuff)