Map Object Hider Is now my official number one mod!

Noraf

Re: Map Object Hider Is now my official number one mod!

Post by Noraf »

In these environmental times, you really shouldn't just use a dozer...
But, 'hiering' a contractor to do it would be nice, like the animal pen extension does with pens that supports it fully.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:56 pm I think DjGoHam also removed a waterpipe at his farm or something and it removed the ocean from Sandy Bay lol
🤣😂🤣
REN56

Re: Map Object Hider Is now my official number one mod

Post by REN56 »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:03 pm This mod is what I have been waiting for, No more messing about in the editor to get rid of all the junk that stops you placing things where you want them to be. It is hassle-free, now I can clear a space where ever I like as quick as a flash and still keep playing the game.
As Tina Turner would say "It's simply the best"
I sure do wish this extremely helpful/useful mod was available for console. From what I saw of this mod on the PC with FS19 - and used it - it’s most definitely a fantastic mod indeed!
Then again, I could say that about a boat load of good, helpful/useful, practical, game enhancing FS19 mods that are unfortunately PC-only mods.
Even a simple editor of some sort would sure be nice to have on console. (I guess that’s too risky and too much to ask for, though... although it’s interesting that various other console games *do* have “tools” included in the console games, such as, just for one simple example that comes immediately to mind - a full-featured golf course creation & editing tool that exists in “The Golf Club” golf sim console series.
* Note: I do have the PC version of FS19, and I’ve seen so many, many, many mods just on ModHub alone for PC only that would sure make FS19 life a whole lot easie/better if they were also available for console, too. Yes, I know, “Why don’t you go play FS19 on the PC then?” I *much* prefer playing games on PS5 than on PC, no contest at all for me.
Sort of just a “wishful thinking” & semi-vent comment here about all of the many nice mod goodies that console FS19 gamers unfortunately are missing out on that exist for PC (PC only) with FS19.
Granted, playing on console, (theoretically) because of playing on console instead of PC, I don’t have to have an array of anti-virus software and other similar software protection running constantly on console as one does on PC, that’s a nice console advantage. And GIANTS and Sony and Microsoft are all so nice to do what all they can to help insure that my console game and the console itself doesn’t “crash” due to the usage of scripts. Aww, that’s so nice. I should be thankful that ‘they’ keep us console gamers safely on “training wheels” - forever- so we don’t risk ever getting hurt *IF* ‘they’ took the training wheels off (at least to some degree) and let us enjoy the ride a little more, like what I see in FS19 with console vs PC.
Yet, at the same time, a multitude of all sorts of scripts surely must exist in console games - including FS19. (Pointing to “scripts” since that seems to be the most common excuse/reason for why FS19 on console is so limited compared to FS19 on PC.)
It sort of feels like “Big Brother” claiming that they’re simply protecting all of the console gamers while taking the attitude that gaming on the PC is almost like jumping from an airplane without a parachute, so ‘they’ are all so nice to protect us poor little console gamers. *SIGH*

Thanks for letting me “vent” out loud here for a moment.

Happy farming everyone! *thumbsup*
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Mwal

Re: Map Object Hider Is now my official number one mod

Post by Mwal »

REN56 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:53 am
There is a terrain editor and as far as your rant goes, there’s a multitude of reasons scripts aren’t allowed of consoles the very least concerning of which is a simple crash.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I just ran into this thread last night and installed the mod. I am currently on the UMRV V2.1 map and wanted to get rid of some propane tanks scattered throughout my farm and buildings so was anxious to try this mod. Unfortunately it will not hide the tanks as they appear not to be a "placeable". You can drive right through the tanks but if you place a building on top of the tank it pops right through the floor. Anyone have any ideas on clearing out the unwanted propane objects?
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Dagrump wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:34 pm I just ran into this thread last night and installed the mod. I am currently on the UMRV V2.1 map and wanted to get rid of some propane tanks scattered throughout my farm and buildings so was anxious to try this mod. Unfortunately it will not hide the tanks as they appear not to be a "placeable". You can drive right through the tanks but if you place a building on top of the tank it pops right through the floor. Anyone have any ideas on clearing out the unwanted propane objects?
Have you tried just going into GE and seeing if you can select them? Also, I would try F5 if you have dev commands set to true. That can help you find the "object"
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
christian256

Post by christian256 »

For me it ranks among the best mods. Whenever I start playing a new map, the first thing I do is edit out all the junk/scrap that modders like to leave on the map and this mod is a godsend
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Patton_M47 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:28 pm Giants i dont know if your reading this but in the next game you should combine demolition company and farm sim so we could really use a dozer to destroy a old building
They need to figure out undo functions first. Landscaping can go very poorly, very quickly because of the lack of an undo button.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:47 pm
Patton_M47 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:28 pm Giants i dont know if your reading this but in the next game you should combine demolition company and farm sim so we could really use a dozer to destroy a old building
They need to figure out undo functions first. Landscaping can go very poorly, very quickly because of the lack of an undo button.
*thumbsup*
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 pm
Dagrump wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:34 pm I just ran into this thread last night and installed the mod. I am currently on the UMRV V2.1 map and wanted to get rid of some propane tanks scattered throughout my farm and buildings so was anxious to try this mod. Unfortunately it will not hide the tanks as they appear not to be a "placeable". You can drive right through the tanks but if you place a building on top of the tank it pops right through the floor. Anyone have any ideas on clearing out the unwanted propane objects?
Have you tried just going into GE and seeing if you can select them? Also, I would try F5 if you have dev commands set to true. That can help you find the "object"
Thanks for your reply. I think you are at a higher level then I am in this game. At the risk of exposing my level, What is the "GE" you refer to? Also, I assume the "F5" suggestion is tied to the "GE". I have only made modifications to some mods in the XML files so not real strong in graphics.
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Dagrump wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:00 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 pm
Thanks for your reply. I think you are at a higher level then I am in this game. At the risk of exposing my level, What is the "GE" you refer to? Also, I assume the "F5" suggestion is tied to the "GE". I have only made modifications to some mods in the XML files so not real strong in graphics.
Sorry. GE is Giants Editor, basically how you open and edit i3d files for the game. F5 is if you have development controls set to "true" in your game.xml. So pressing F5 with that xml adjustment will allow you to see triggers, borders, etc.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Thanks Dairydeere for your explanation. I think I will download the editor and see if I can master it. Sure would be nice to get rid of some of the things on a map that get in the way. Who knows maybe I will take up modding. :biggrin2: But probably not. Appreciate your help.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Dagrump wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:19 am Thanks Dairydeere for your explanation. I think I will download the editor and see if I can master it. Sure would be nice to get rid of some of the things on a map that get in the way. Who knows maybe I will take up modding. :biggrin2: But probably not. Appreciate your help.
One note on Giants Editor, some people like to have items placed with the starting equipment (whatever it is called) xml and assign it not to the players farm. This means to remove the object you have to go in the xml and delete the correct line.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:45 pm
Dagrump wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:19 am Thanks Dairydeere for your explanation. I think I will download the editor and see if I can master it. Sure would be nice to get rid of some of the things on a map that get in the way. Who knows maybe I will take up modding. :biggrin2: But probably not. Appreciate your help.
One note on Giants Editor, some people like to have items placed with the starting equipment (whatever it is called) xml and assign it not to the players farm. This means to remove the object you have to go in the xml and delete the correct line.
Thank you bossmanslim, I have been spending time watching the GE videos. I may be growing fonder of those darn propane tanks. :biggrin2:
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

So glad I found this. Now I can 'start from scratch' for real on just about any map I want... A tremendously welcome mod!